The Thread of Firsts

CarewsEyebrowDesigner

First film I saw at the cinema was Lady and the Tramp in Cambridge.

(obviously not when it was first released, although that did puzzle me for a while the first time I realised that film is like 80 years old)

First time you got drunk?

I was 14 (I think...). I had one & a half 3 litre bottles of cider mixed with blackcurrant Ribena (yes, Ribena). About ten minutes in to the second bottle I stood & threw up everywhere. Real projectile, Exorcist vomit. Then I sat down, had a drink, and went and got a Burger King.

#thuglife

• Like 2

About 14 as well. Camping with mates at drag racing in Stratford. Got absolutely smashed on about 5 cans of cheap, warm lager. 'Strike Five' I think it was called but I can't find it online.

I was sick on my pillow and I had to peel if off my face in the morning.

Properly drunk, was when I was 13 or 14 and at a BBQ at my Nan & Grandad's. I'd been tipsy a couple of times before then, but never full on lagging. I got stuck into the Woodpecker Cider, and ended the evening calling out for Ralph and Hughie in the toilet. I remember very little after that, other than waking up in my Nan's spare bedroom, with the biggest headache of my life (up to that point) (sd).

15. Bought a bottle of Vodka between about 7 of us and did shots until we were tipsy. Then walked round moseley for hours! Weird.

Properly hammered was my 16th Birthday. Mates and I went to Ramshackle at the Academy on a Friday night and drank Aftershock and Carling until I was off my face

The first time I was properly in bits was the summer before 3rd year college, one of the lads bet me I wouldn't be able to down 350ml of jack in a pint glass with a small bit of coke. I did, I was grand for about 15mins and then it hit me, I was getting progressively worse. I'd be very drunk before but this was something else, some how made it work for 8 the next morning, was on fruit & veg and basically stayed in the fridge for 4 hours eating grapes.

I think I was about 16 when I went round a friends house party.  I got drunk and ended up urinating on one of those little sofas you have next to a phone in her hallway.

There was a bunch of people around, but only the girl who's house it was dragged me away from the sofa, mid-piddle. 

I fell asleep on the living room sofa and woke up about 12 the next day, with her and her sister tidying up around me.  They had to wash the sofa cushions and mop the floor :lol:

I also got drunk at a lads house who was a bit of a nerd at school, he had a BBQ in his parents' garden and I went there with my mates, got drunk and took all my clothes off and jumped into his bed, I got kicked out of the party and a friend carried me home, whilst I was talking absolute shite to him.  I think I'd have been about 15 for that one.

First album:

Bonfire- Fire works I'd say at least 95% of all the posters in here would think it's shite. In reality I'd guess it's only me and perhaps a few others that would like. I grew up with this kind of music, '80's curly hair rock music, and loved it at the time. Today I think it's still quite decent, but not that good.

First film at cinema:

Either Bernard & Bianca or Snow white and the seven dwarfs (The Disney version, not Rob's kind of version) (Sorry Donnie)

First time drunk:

14. Me and two of my friends were going to a disco and then sleep in a tent afterwards. Not even my mother believed that that was all to it. I got rather drunk.

Bernard and Bianca? It's called The Rescuers you uncultured swine!

Or the sequel, The Rescuers Down Under, since it's set in Australia despite the fact the kid and the bad guy have American accents, made even worse when the kid says mate. It just sounds wrong.

Edited by Ginko

Ah, hm, sorry about that. In Sweden they're called Bernard & Bianca so I just assumed it was the same. But now you mention it I think I knew that, really. But here in Sweden some film titles have got some really weird swedish translations. This one actually makes some sense, after all.

I have no clue about the first album and Im not sure about first film…it might be because I have ebola...

Drunk I was 14 and a friends parents had made their own wine…we drank that…tasted terrible and most of us puked…memories huh?

Ah, hm, sorry about that. In Sweden they're called Bernard & Bianca so I just assumed it was the same. But now you mention it I think I knew that, really. But here in Sweden some film titles have got some really weird swedish translations. This one actually makes some sense, after all.

Ignore him Pelle, he's just one of those 'Little Englanders'. Probably votes UKIP.

• Like 1

First time I got properly drunk I was 14 at my Uncle's wedding. During the meal after the wedding my champagne glass kept getting filled up without me even asking and then I remember my dad going to the bar for me quite a few times to get me a few beers and then rounded of the night doing shots. Went to bed about 12, 2 hours before everyone else and fell asleep still fully clothed with my shoes on etc. Woke up about 10 with a banging head ache and to find out I had been sick all over the pillow next to me.

Edited by Avfc96

BBQ at my next door neighbours, I was about 15, they were twins 20, a 16 year old and a 24 year old, they thought it was hilarious to keep getting me drinks, don't think I stood up for about 3 hours

At least I had the decency to be sick over the fence in to me my own garden....

Â