QF: Saturday 5th ARG BEL NED CRC

limpid

The referee was a bottling little tosser. There is no way Krul should be allowed get in pen takers faces like that.Between Krul Van Gaal and Robben the Dutch are a detestable bunch of words removed. I hope Argentina destroy them .

Yeah, the referee should have sent off that Costa Rican defender for his second bookable offence. Oh and the linesman getting two big offside decisions wrong against Holland.

Oh... but let's just ignore that because you wanted Costa Rica to win. :rolleyes:

and what about the blatant penalty Vlaar conceded? I'm a neutral spectator you however are not.

Yeah, you sound really neutral.

• Like 1

Bad luck, Ticos.  :(

That said, they looked like they were playing to get to penalties from the opening whistle. And before they took the penalties, Ruiz clasped hands with RVP, smiled and said good luck to him, while RVP didn't smile or say a word. I knew right then that Ruiz was going to flub his chance.

Tim Krul is an unsporting POS, I've never seen a goalkeeper get right up in the spot kickers faces like he was doing. I'm sick of looking at orange on my television, let's go, Argentina!

The referee was a bottling little tosser. There is no way Krul should be allowed get in pen takers faces like that.Between Krul Van Gaal and Robben the Dutch are a detestable bunch of words removed. I hope Argentina destroy them .

Yeah, the referee should have sent off that Costa Rican defender for his second bookable offence. Oh and the linesman getting two big offside decisions wrong against Holland.

Oh... but let's just ignore that because you wanted Costa Rica to win. :rolleyes:

and what about the blatant penalty Vlaar conceded? I'm a neutral spectator you however are not.

Good response ...I know you are but what am I .:rolleyes:

Yet again, so much hate and anger. Whatever happened to enjoying football as a neutral? 

Well done Costa Rica, had a magnificent tournament... unbeaten against Italy, England, Uruguay, Greece and Netherlands - some achievement. 

However, Netherlands did deserve to win, so i'm happy about that. 

Maybe because shit decisions are benefiting the big teams?

Good response ...I know you are but what am I . :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is, yes, it probably was a penalty. Then you look at the two times that Holland were called offside when they weren't, two against one on the goalkeeper. If you want to argue that the referee is a 'bottler' because he didn't award one decision in Costa Rica's favour, you have to look at the multiple decisions where they got things wrong for the Dutch.

If you want to be impartial that is. :)

• Like 1

Yet again, so much hate and anger. Whatever happened to enjoying football as a neutral? 

Well done Costa Rica, had a magnificent tournament... unbeaten against Italy, England, Uruguay, Greece and Netherlands - some achievement. 

However, Netherlands did deserve to win, so i'm happy about that. 

Maybe because shit decisions are benefiting the big teams?

There have been the occasional referring howler (these do happen unfortunately) but I've seen nothing to suggest there is a concerted effort from match officials to favour the 'big' teams. 

• Like 1

I'll pull for the Dutch now as the only Villa represented team. Might even dig out my 74 shirt. The ensuing Van Gaal/Man U wankfest will really annoy me though. The only thing that can offset that will be Vlaar scoring the winner in the final.

Would villa having a World Cup winning player be a good thing or we he instantly become too good for us?

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with what Krul was doing. If that kind of thing puts you off then you probably shouldn't be one of the first 5 penalty takers.

I don't think what he did should be allowed. There's a big difference between doing a Barthez(sp?) and kicking the posts and delaying the penalty been taken, and what Krul did. Getting right up in the faces of the penalty takers and talking them down (probably saying something like "I'm saving this" or "I'm watching your eyes") seems very un-sportsmanlike to me.

Steve and Darryl, you're some really bitter little men aren't you? ;)

I wanted Holland to win last night, but they're an easy team to hate. Neutral or not. Robben and his constant whinging and walking around like he's sh*t himself, Van Gaal and the Man Utd wankfest with every sub he makes, Krul looking like a right cock in the shoot-out and Sneidjer(sp?)... who is just massively overrated, imo.

Van Gaal wankfest? You must absolutely despise Messi then? Every single touch of the ball...

Don't think anyone complained when Guzan was saying things during the Peace Cup shootout but that was Villa winning so all good, right? A stuttery run up is even worse but it's allowed.

• Like 1