Group E: SWI ECU FRA HON

limpid

Why was lineker being a clearing in the woods about the goal line technology?

I think it's just a case of them covering for each other and trying to prevent Pearce from looking like as much of a fool as he should.

Apart from the GBH, the best thing about the game was the fact that those who were supposed to know about the goal-line technology, having no idea, and Savage being completely blanked and humiliated by Thierry Henry in the studio.

That was brutal.  :D

Why is Robbie Savage on my TV anyway?

Back to the football, France look really good. They handled the kicking well and will no doubt be all the more dangerous now they've got off to a winning start, in style.

They don't look fragile at all like usual. Dark horses?

Why is Robbie Savage on my TV anyway?

Back to the football, France look really good. They handled the kicking well and will no doubt be all the more dangerous now they've got off to a winning start, in style.

They don't look fragile at all like usual. Dark horses?

I don't think "Dark Horse" can apply to France.

I do think they could win it though

• Like 1

hard to call, they didn't get tested much by Honduras and Sakho still looked dodgy in rare moments Honduras got forward. They didn't look clinical enough either until against 10 men, Be easier to judge after they play Switzerland

They're still struggling

Suarez said: "The machine first said no [goal]. I do not know what to think."

"If the technology sends a clear message, then I don't understand how the system can say it's a goal first and then: 'No goal.' What is the truth?''

Edited by Stevo985

I think they had reason to show the first bit to show it wasn't Benzema's goal.

Plus I'm sure it's all set to do it automatically when the ball gets close to the line.

But it does raise a question of how best to deliver it.

The ref obviously gets a signal, maybe someone should review the footage before it's played to the whole stadium

Apart from the GBH, the best thing about the game was the fact that those who were supposed to know about the goal-line technology, having no idea, and Savage being completely blanked and humiliated by Thierry Henry in the studio.

That was brutal.  :D

I was travelling back from London to Birmingham during that France game, so I missed that. I hope someone has a clip of this contre temps between Savage and Henry.

To be fair, the part where they were talking about if Pogba should have been sent off, Savage was right. He should have been.

It was just funny how Henry responded :)

I also liked Lineker's comment on saturday "Have you ever gotten away with a handball, Thierry?"

• Like 1

The Japanese referee who made a mess of the opening game is refereeing the Honduras v Ecuador game. How many red cards?!