New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It's so obvious now you've said it, can't believe I missed it, the 1874 is never going to be seen at smaller sizes.

@Jas10 I also agree with some of your critiques, I'm not happy with how it sits on the shirt, though it's more colour related than size I think, the current crest is mainly light blue sitting on claret which stands out, whereas mine doesn't as much, I guess it depends on how much you want it to stand out in that context. I could play around with the colours, have light blue diamond perhaps...

The render I'm not so concerned about, I think if the space it sat on was diamond rather than rectangular it would work a lot better, also I've not done a great job swapping the crests on it, kind of a last minute idea.

Mate, you’ve done excellent work. I feel bad for even criticising.

It’s just that we have different tastes and views. I don’t like the narrowness of it and I don’t like the A and V letters.

I believe the lion should be prominent and stand out. 

But what the hell do I know? 🤣

15 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It's so obvious now you've said it, can't believe I missed it, the 1874 is never going to be seen at smaller sizes.

@Jas10 I also agree with some of your critiques, I'm not happy with how it sits on the shirt, though it's more colour related than size I think, the current crest is mainly light blue sitting on claret which stands out, whereas mine doesn't as much, I guess it depends on how much you want it to stand out in that context. I could play around with the colours, have light blue diamond perhaps...

The render I'm not so concerned about, I think if the space it sat on was diamond rather than rectangular it would work a lot better, also I've not done a great job swapping the crests on it, kind of a last minute idea.

Can I be extra cheeky and get you to have a go at this?

You can tell me to get lost if you wish 🤣

I’m really wondering if using just the head of the lion would be a good move and make the badge stand out more.

Again, something similar but better looking than the Ghana Lions logo. Maybe a variation of the Ajax badge…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Mate, you’ve done excellent work. I feel bad for even criticising.

It’s just that we have different tastes and views. I don’t like the narrowness of it and I don’t like the A and V letters.

I believe the lion should be prominent and stand out. 

But what the hell do I know? 🤣

It's all good mate, if I let critique rule my world I'd be a pretty miserable soul!

Design is very much about opinions, if you don't like it now then chances are that no amount of tinkering will change that, but I have had pretty good feedback generally and it's just good fun to give it a go.

What I like about the design is that it is original, there's no other diamond badge in the Premier League, it's unique to us with the AV (nobody could steal the idea), and it links back to my past with the club (the old flood lights, the old Trinity façade .etc), whilst also remaining modern.

But it has it's issues, I won't deny, it's not perfect.

If I had more time I'd probably try changing the lion, I've considered switching it to look to the right, facing forward rather than back, but it doesn't look right with the current lion, probably because I'm so used to seeing it the other way.

If I get more time I might have a look at trying a few more designs, but work is piling up at the moment, so I can't make any promises.

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It's all good mate, if I let critique rule my world I'd be a pretty miserable soul!

Design is very much about opinions, if you don't like it now then chances are that no amount of tinkering will change that, but I have had pretty good feedback generally and it's just good fun to give it a go.

What I like about the design is that it is original, there's no other diamond badge in the Premier League, it's unique to us with the AV (nobody could steal the idea), and it links back to my past with the club (the old flood lights, the old Trinity façade .etc), whilst also remaining modern.

But it has it's issues, I won't deny, it's not perfect.

If I had more time I'd probably try changing the lion, I've considered switching it to look to the right, facing forward rather than back, but it doesn't look right with the current lion, probably because I'm so used to seeing it the other way.

If I get more time I might have a look at trying a few more designs, but work is piling up at the moment, so I can't make any promises.

All good mate, you’re excellent at what you do 👍

• Like 1

Not sure who mentioned it but with our heritage and age as a club I agree with the idea of standardising a claret shirt, white shorts and blue socks but then using gold/golden yellow as our accent colour. Gold badge, narrow gold piping around the collar/sleeves, thin gold line down the shorts or across the cut off etc…. I really like that idea and add could add a bit of prestige.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Not sure who mentioned it but with our heritage and age as a club I agree with the idea of standardising a claret shirt, white shorts and blue socks but then using gold/golden yellow as our accent colour. Gold badge, narrow gold piping around the collar/sleeves, thin gold line down the shorts or across the cut off etc…. I really like that idea and add could add a bit of prestige.

There's a lot of info there, I'm gonna need a picture 

21 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Found a little more time to make some more adjustments to this concept.

After reading the @NurembergVillan post I decided to remove the star, I've also flattened the diamond out a little and changed the font-face.

I've also just knocked up a few graphics to better present the idea, which I've thrown up on Behance https://www.behance.net/gallery/147539317/Aston-Villa-Crest-Redesign-Concept for the people who like that sort of thing. I'll post the images below for those who don't.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Think I'm going to leave at that, should probably get some work done at some point... but because I love you all, here's a few more bits I did playing around.

spacer.png

Some of these are excellent, I.envy folk that can come up with this. One of those older lions with Aston Villa FC around it would look pretty good

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 11:38, Teale's 'tache said:

Found a little more time to make some more adjustments to this concept.

After reading the @NurembergVillan post I decided to remove the star, I've also flattened the diamond out a little and changed the font-face.

I've also just knocked up a few graphics to better present the idea, which I've thrown up on Behance https://www.behance.net/gallery/147539317/Aston-Villa-Crest-Redesign-Concept for the people who like that sort of thing. I'll post the images below for those who don't.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Think I'm going to leave at that, should probably get some work done at some point... but because I love you all, here's a few more bits I did playing around.

spacer.png

Feels like it needs a bit more tweaking to get just right but I really like this. Got a  Mongladbach vibe to it (solely because of the diamond shape). Also the round designs are fantastic.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

2nd lion is my favourite.

Says everything we are about, without words.

Proud, History, Regal etc etc in a modern body. Would be a good nucleus for a badge.

I like that too…

the lion head stands out so much more than the whole body…

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Proud, History, Regal etc etc in a modern body. Would be a good nucleus for a badge.

Just whack Aston Villa there n it’s sorted? 🤣 on a claret background?

Although, we’ll have to get rid of all the stars, we’ve only won one European Cup 🤣

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Very crude, and all I can manage on my phone in a rush, not the result I was after. Could get on the PC at some point and have a play… maybe it’s too much of a departure?

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Very crude, and all I can manage on my phone in a rush, not the result I was after. Could get on the PC at some point and have a play… maybe it’s too much of a departure?

spacer.png

Same lion in that LOSC format I think could work.