$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Out of interest what's the support for Villa like out there? Are we well known?

Also why on earth would anybody support them? ;)

If you want a true true true fan, There is only one other than me that I know. He actually signed up here before couple of days but he didn't know how to put posts.

I know couple of people who just watch the games with us and just support them because they know we rarely get happy with a win.

We are well known in those who watches european football. But mostly doesn't know how big the club is! I've been angry couple of times when some people couldn't know the difference between Villa and West Ham ! Some of them thinks I support West Ham ! haha.

And why I've supported them ? It's a long story, I hated Villa as the most team I hate 2004, Yet I liked them in the same year ! haha. But I just used to check the results later as I stopped watching european leagues because I've been to the USA for a while. Long story which I might talk about later. lol.

Whatever you're reasons for supporting Villa it doesn't matter anymore, you're stuck with them!

I really hope you're right about the Saudi interest in the club.

Where's Abdulaziz when you need some ITK reassurance?

Well, I've read what's written. If my understanding of the article is right, I don't think it has anything that would change my thinking even if I didn't have an info about Al-Baltan.

And look what is said here in the article :

“Randy Lerner has grown increasingly frustrated at the club, but I don’t think announcing the club was up for sale before a buyer was in place has helped the process.

Do you think Lerner would announce that the club is for sale without having a buyer?

From our previous knowledge, Even with players costed nothing we've use to make it silently, so what do you think about a whole takeover?

It's not the way of our board.

We've been hearing since couple of years that Lerner wanting off. Yet he only announced it now. Do you think he was still interested ? Or he might have a buyer or a couple of them and he knows they're interested and they've agreed the price atleast?

<< I'm talking here without even mentioning what I've heard from the people who gave me the information or even what we're certain about with knowing that Al-Baltan is interested in buying an English team.

Anyway this article haven't changed my understanding of the situation. Ofcourse I could be wrong. But what I'm hearing also is certainly different.

It also says in the same article :

“Once a genuine buyer comes forward, I would think you are looking at at least a period of three months to complete a sale,”

I'm not even sure when did they agree their negotiations "if they did already". I don't think the club would say anything until everything is finished. So there is a good chance that they've agreed everything (as I've been told) and yet haven't finalized anything.

Anyway I still don't have any further information.

Im confused ? Do you have information or not ?

why do you think it unrealistic that Lerner puts the club up for sale - but has no buyer...to me that seems the entirely logical conclusion.

tell us what you know and how you know it

I have an overview information. I've been told from a relative to Al-Baltan that they were negotiating with Villa. Then I've been told they're in the last stages and they've agreed the price...etc

I just don't have the full details that would let me claim anything. Even if Al-Baltan himself told me I'm buying the Villa, I don't know how the process will go exactly. 

That's I'm trying to distinguish between what I've been told, and what I think (Even before I've heard anything).

Anyway I'm still waiting for more information and details.

And as I said here about how I knew that. It's from someone very close to Al-Baltan. Actually one his relatives.

In a round about way - you are calming to have knowledge though (nothing wrong with that)  - I just find the 'Yes I know something'  'actually I don't' a bit perplexing.

No disrespect - But I don't any confidence that this will come to anything. 

Smetrov.

I understand what you're saying,

- I just find the 'Yes I know something'  'actually I don't' a bit perplexing

It's not this way. 

Put it this way, Let's say the buyer himself said to you he's going to buy and he's on advanced stages. 

Would you say you know or you don't ?

For me I'd say I know, But I still need to know the details to know whether Lerner is only considering him or still negotiating with others.

I don't know how takeovers usually finishes, nor I know how long it takes....etc

That's why I couldn't say something about it because I only hear it from the buyer side, that they're confident of buying.

Smetrov.

I understand what you're saying,

- I just find the 'Yes I know something'  'actually I don't' a bit perplexing

It's not this way. 

Put it this way, Let's say the buyer himself said to you he's going to buy and he's on advanced stages. 

Would you say you know or you don't ?

For me I'd say I know, But I still need to know the details to know whether Lerner is only considering him or still negotiating with others.

I don't know how takeovers usually finishes, nor I know how long it takes....etc

That's why I couldn't say something about it because I only hear it from the buyer side, that they're confident of buying.

I would say I've heard  XXX is the advanced stages of buying Aston Villa - I wouldn't try and qualify it with 'But I don't know the details' 

If we assume a buyer has agreed a price with Lerner how long do we reckon it would take to process? I don't really know anything about this sort of thing but i bet there's a shit ton of paperwork, waiting around, processing, going over every little detail AND working all that around two parties' busy schedules...

If we assume a buyer has agreed a price with Lerner how long do we reckon it would take to process? I don't really know anything about this sort of thing but i bet there's a shit ton of paperwork, waiting around, processing, going over every little detail AND working all that around two parties' busy schedules...

It might take ages after a price is agreed - but pretty sure the internet and media in general would be in meltdown were a deal that close........you can't sneak a £200m deal through under everyones nones without a whimper...

• Like 1

It might take ages after a price is agreed - but pretty sure the internet and media in general would be in meltdown were a deal that close........you can't sneak a £200m deal through under everyones nones without a whimper...

Didn't the Man City deal just come out of no where?

• Like 1

Thaksin Shinawatra was looking for a buyer in 2008 through the whole summer. Thaksin did not publicly announce he wanted to sell like Randy, but it was widely acknowledged that he was looking for a buyer/investor. Nobody had a sniff about Mansour from what I recall, certainly not in the media. Mansour was in talks to buy Everton too.

City had no money to spend whatsoever that summer, I think a wealthy member of their supporters trust helped purchase Vincent Kompany before a takeover was officially agreed. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Thaksin Shinawatra was looking for a buyer in 2008 through the whole summer. Thaksin did not publicly announce he wanted to sell like Randy, but it was widely acknowledged that he was looking for a buyer/investor. Nobody had a sniff about Mansour from what I recall, certainly not in the media. Mansour was in talks to buy Everton too.

City had no money to spend whatsoever that summer, I think a wealthy member of their supporters trust helped purchase Vincent Kompany before a takeover was officially agreed.

Wasn't their squad already half decent thought? Sven bought some good players like Elano in.

Just because it always gets mentioned, Harris is on forbes as worth $2.9b.

Can't seem to find anything on Blitzer, but apparently the Blackstone firm he belongs to manage assets worth an eye watering $43b. Don't think those people would much like him spaffing it on a premier league club mind you. :)

Edited by KitKat

Yes it has.

Harris link started from Matt Law following the Sixers PR twitter account.

He was quick to deny anything of it, Rory Smith did the same and a few days later Rory Smith put a piece out in The Times claiming Lerner sold the club three months ago.

Maybe it was to them.