Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Enjoyable episode and it looked great though I agree with some issues raised, mainly Rickon not swerving, thought Prometheus had taught everyone how dumb that is, and Jon being a hot head.

However, one other thing I wondered was how Sansa got to be with Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale. Surely she would have had to have ridden wide around and behind Ramsay's forces to meet Littlefinger? Seems pretty risky to be riding alone around Winterfell when you're wanted by Ramsay Bolton and there's a battle nearby. Didn't take her long to find them and ride to the battle either. Am I missing something?

Edited by Ginko

Arrows in the sky aren't easy to see and by the time he did see it it'd probably already be stuck in him.

As for Sansa, she was in the camp the night before the fight (I was convinced Ramsay would do a surprise night attack on them) so Christ knows how she circumvented the battle and met up with Littlefinger. Suspend your disbelief I guess. The speed and ease of travel within the world has been a particular gripe of mine this season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

I must be the only one who loved Ramsey's mischievous demeanour :lol:  His shrug and facial expression below @ 02:42 when the first arrow misses.  His smug satisfaction on launching the second one @ 02:55.  I thought he was excellent villainous comic relief.  We've lost one of the best characters in the show now IMO although I fully appreciate that it was presumably necessary for the overall story arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqMPkg1QXEY

EDIT : And why has this not embedded ?

Nope I mentioned yesterday he was great. The actor was brilliant  for me, played it superbly.

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

instead of shooting the giant with an arrow ....he could have just taken out jon 

Three mistakes,  really.

Shooting Rickon instead of Jon. Shooting the giant instead of Jon. Continuing to try and shoot Jon the third and fourth time, at short range, when he was easily blocking them. Shoulda gone for the sword!

• Like 1

I wouldn't have minded the cheesy "you think the battle is over and all hope is lost, but here comes more good guys at the last second" charge, if it wasn't like the third or fourth time they've done it on the show, it's getting a bit silly.

7 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

"Melisandre, please bring my brother back"

"No, LoL has no use for him."

"But how do you know that, he's the true heir of Winterfell and Warden of the North, please give it a try!"

"No. I have no powers"

"Alright then, let's bury him next to dad"

Based on Jon's conversations after he was brought back, about how there was just nothingness after death, and him telling Melisandre not to bring him back again, I could see why he wouldn't want to try.

Edited by Davkaus

Ramsey was one of the worst characters, not sinister or funny. And I think they should have finished him off in a less dramatic way, like a stray arrow from one of his men or something like that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Ramsey was one of the worst characters, not sinister or funny. And I think they should have finished him off in a less dramatic way, like a stray arrow from one of his men or something like that.

This gif says otherwise...

UACUrYh.gif

And there was absolutely no way they'd end him so unsatisfactorily after all the pain he's caused other characters. There'd be no catharsis and it'd make absolutely no dramatic sense, and after all, this is drama. 

I actually wondered whether they'd keep him alive to torture or maybe give Theon as a gift after everything has been settled, but I suppose it'd be more dangerous if he were kept alive so his demise was fitting.

He was a great character and well-acted, if a little obvious by the end so part if me is glad he's gone as he didn't gave another gear to shift into or another layer to unravel.

He was still bloody brilliant though and now there's a gaping void in the cast of villains.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ginko said:

mainly Rickon not swerving, thought Prometheus had taught everyone how dumb that is

I'm not convinced rickon will have seen that one...

its being blown out of proportion IMO yes as a viewer it makes perfect sense to swerve, to a character who in GoT I think is around 7 so at this point is meant to be  about 9/10 years old is it really common sense?

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really. Like the red woman said, he might have been brought back for that very moment. "You might have been brought back so you can die today"

We still haven't had the big reveal about who his real parents are. I reckon his character has a while to run yet. 

It's all gone a bit Hollywood really.

Like they're chasing ratings by giving people what they want.

Still entertaining, obviously, but not the GoT I've enjoyed on so many levels since the first episode.

Maybe it's cos they've overtaken the books I guess.

8 hours ago, BOF said:

I must be the only one who loved Ramsey's mischievous demeanour :lol:  His shrug and facial expression below @ 02:42 when the first arrow misses.  His smug satisfaction on launching the second one @ 02:55.  I thought he was excellent villainous comic relief.  We've lost one of the best characters in the show now IMO although I fully appreciate that it was presumably necessary for the overall story arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqMPkg1QXEY

EDIT : And why has this not embedded ?

I agree, you need a good villain and he played the part superbly in my eyes. A great character who was a total and utter bastard. I will miss him now he is not in it.

• Like 1

I don't agree at all with Ramsay being a "great character", he was one step off twirling a moustache, he was just.... evil and crazy, not so much depth and motivations as mental illness? He was occasionally entertaining, but pretty one dimensional, IMO.

• Like 3

Â