Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Ghost

I would never trust any games review site to review a game or give me a fair and balanced opinion. There are far too many overtly or covertly paid hype pieces placed by distributors. How the **** can this game have won awards or even nominations when it isn't even on general release yet. Its shite advertising hype and nothing else.

I'm with TotalBiscuit on this issue. There are loads of first impression and sensible critique videos on YouTube. Use that to guide whether to buy it or not rather than the opinion of some hack on the game distributors pay role.

Yes, it's very shady. For the last couple of years I mostly just looked at gameplay without commentary or straight from the developers and go from there. TB is not so bad but I am not putting my whole trust in one person either, but he is a lot better than a lot of the shit that is out there. Either way, Kotaku and Polygon gets the award of being the absolute worst of the worst.

Aren't a lot of the big YouTubers on the payroll also?

Yes absolutely they are...... but at least with TB who isn't everyone's cup of tea and is problematic for other reasons, he appears to be completely open about what he is and isn't paid to do.

Agree 100% about Kotaku and Polygon

The Nemesis system, which is one of the biggest draws of the game, was designed to work fully on the new consoles. I think I read that the Nemesis system on the PS3 and 360 versions of the game are scaled back to run smoothly.

Couldn't give a shit about Lord of the Rings but the idea of Assassins Creed done better with Batman combat has certainly peaked my interest.

Dihgbnks.png

Piqued! :D

Dihgbnks.png

• Like 1

Isn't it just that a "boss" character will level up when he kills you?  Not sure how that would be difficult to keep track of on a last gen machine.  

MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR 'FOCUSED ON PS4 AND XBOX ONE'

BY LUKE KARMALI

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is being developed with a focus on PS4 and Xbox One, meaning some aspects of the ambitious 'Nemesis system' are unlikely to make it into the current-gen versions of the game.

Speaking to IGN, design director Michael de Plater explained that though every effort was being made to get the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the upcoming game as close to the others, Shadow of Mordor is essentially a next-gen game.

"We’re very focused on the PS4 and Xbox One,” he said. “We’re focusing on the next-gen platforms, and then going to do whatever we can to get as much as possible on current-gen.

"To break it down, some of the stuff we’re pretty confident will still be very similar on current gen: the core mechanics, like combat, stealth, ranged and movements; the basic control and gameplay, that should all be really solid. What it won’t have is the same level of depth and variety and simulation within the 'Nemesis system'.

"The story will be the same and the core gameplay will be the same, but [the 'Nemesis system' is] just so huge in terms of content, calculations and AI we’ll just have to try and get as much of it in as we can."

We got an extensive look at the 'Nemesis system' last month, and it's safe to say the feature could be revolutionary if it pulls off its aim of procedurally generating foes.

Link: IGN

Edited by Ghost

This game is easily one of the best of the past few years. It's simply awesome

I'm afraid your recommendation is worthless; you are part of the gaming illuminati.

I can't hear you over the big bags of cash that Warner just sent me

• Like 2

Â