Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Ghost

Why would you not choose the pc version if you can run it? More frames,better graphics..why not? It has tessellation^^

Well, I've got a very high spec Alienware rig, but I need to sit at my desk and play on the PC to play games on it.  On the other hand, the PS4 is rigged up to a big old TV, so I can relax a bit more playing it.

I also get a bit nervous with PC games after the pain in the arse bollocks that was trying to play the latest Dark Souls game on PC, which was basically impossible on a crappy lazy XBox port.

Baffled.

This game gets better and better.

Once you start to unlock more abilities it becomes an absolute pleasure to play.

Brilliant entertainment.

Me and my Caragor got Nazru The Sneak for you.

• Like 1

Don't you need 6GB of VRAM to run the ultra textures?

Options menu says so. Haven't tried on my 3GB card though. But it looks absolutely gorgeous on High with everything else on Ultra. 

He has some valid points, but he's not exactly the most likeable or professional of reviewers.

Also, lay off the comparisons to Dark Souls for the love of God, they're incomparable and weren't ever intended to be put side-by-side. Compare it with the Arkham games if anything because it's the same system, though it is a little nerfed.

I'll admit I'm a mite disappointed that even if I press attack, I can cancel out of that at any time if I press counter, and there seems to be a larger window to press the counter button too. In the Arkham games you'll get punished for that.

That being said, I've still died a few times, but it's generally down to archers. Meh, it could be more difficult but it's still fun to take on a mass of guys, and I'm a huge fan of the combat in Dark Souls. Different animals.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Well, I've got a very high spec Alienware rig, but I need to sit at my desk and play on the PC to play games on it.  On the other hand, the PS4 is rigged up to a big old TV, so I can relax a bit more playing it.

I also get a bit nervous with PC games after the pain in the arse bollocks that was trying to play the latest Dark Souls game on PC, which was basically impossible on a crappy lazy XBox port.

Solution:

1) Download Raptr

2) Find games

3) Hit Optimize - all your PC games are now set up to run at the best settings that allow for the best framerate and resolution

4) Install Steam on a laptop

5) Log into Steam on your desktop, and on your laptop simultaneously

6) Enable home streaming between the 2 systems

7) Bring laptop to living room TV, plug in via HDMI

8) Install DS4Windows

9) Plug in PS4 controller

10) Run Steam Big Picture

11) Play PC games, from your monster rig, streamed over your local network, to your big-ass TV in comfort

12) Brag how awesome your new setup is to your console peasant mates

13) Profit?

• Like 2

Gaming elitists are awful.

Almost all action games rely on a basic 2 button fighting system, was he expecting Streetfighter?

I would like to see more games take the God of War style combat on, but I suppose that makes it into a bit more of a button masher.

Isn't the God of War combat model a bunch of Quick Time Events? No thanks, worst thing that happened to gaming in a long time.

The Arkham and Souls games systems are the best. This game would benefit with a bit more fine tuning in making normal enemies harder rather than just throwing numbers at you, but it's still a lot of fun. The bloody hunters and archers standing on the edge of the battle hurling spears and arrows at you piss me off though.

• Like 1

Gaming elitists are awful.

Almost all action games rely on a basic 2 button fighting system, was he expecting Streetfighter?

Yeah, what exactly do they expect? There's only so much you can do with a combat system. If you try and do too much, it becomes an unplayable mess.

there could have been more weapon choices, maybe different classes. Now that ive finished it i dont really see the point in playing anymore as it would just be playing the same stuff over and over again, and it felt a bit like a rip off of assasins creed. dont get me wrong got a good 10-15h of great gameplay out of it, but its not a game ill revisit anytime soon. 

just got destiny which seems promising, just need to get my friends to buy a ps4 so we can team up :)

Solution:

1) Download Raptr

2) Find games

3) Hit Optimize - all your PC games are now set up to run at the best settings that allow for the best framerate and resolution

8) Install DS4Windows

11) Play PC games, from your monster rig, streamed over your local network, to your big-ass TV in comfort

13) Profit?

Cool, cheers! :thumb:

Has anyone managed to get past the stage where you have to brand five Warchiefs?

On that now and it's goddamn tough.

Yeah...

best thing to do is to take their bodyguards out if they have any and then when you're fighting everyone, build your combo up bashing some of the other Uruks. Then unleash your XO Power on to the War Chief.

If they are susceptible to stealth branding, it's worth going that route,

If they are combo masters, give them a few wraith stuns and that'll get them down to green and they'll be easier prey.

One of the Warchiefs I did, I killed by mistake but I'd branded one of his bodyguards who then took his place and it counted...

tumblr_moqd6lZalm1qbnleeo1_400.gif

• Like 4

Solution:

1) Download Raptr

2) Find games

8) Install DS4Windows

13) Profit?

Or you could cut out the middle man and run a HDMI direct into le big ass TV :D

Â