Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Ghost

Thanks for the write up! I used to spend hours just roaming AC picking battles with the largest group of Templars I could find, so this could be up my street!

Vandaq, do you have friends in the game or is he a lone wolf?

Get your PS4 sorted Alan!
Working on it Adrian!
  • Like 1

If it's anything like the Arkham games, then you could probably be in the process of attacking one enemy but have to quickly press counter when another one comes up behind and takes a swing at you. You could get a couple of enemies going for you at the same time too.

If it's anything like the Arkham games, then you could probably be in the process of attacking one enemy but have to quickly press counter when another one comes up behind and takes a swing at you. You could get a couple of enemies going for you at the same time too.

It's exactly this.

• Like 1

Digital foundry did their bit on the game this weekend.  Aside from the resolution which has been discussed to death it says the PS4 version has much better shadow effects and denser foliage on the ground. Both versions run at a rock solid 30 frames per second (both versions are vsynced) and offer some post processing effects the PC version didn't have.  PC version is  the best if you have a machine which can run the game on ultra settings, then PS4 then Xbone. 

Edited by The_Rev

I was a bit concerned when I happened to run in to about 4 captains in the same kind of area than when I killed them all, the game wouldn't have much length in it. I really like the whole promotion and new captains thing to basically restock them.

• Like 1

Um why is the console vs PC debate even here? It's not even close lol. A PC of comparable price wipes any console with no problems at all.

On topic, the combat system is great, but the movement just feels 'clunky'. Perhaps I need more time in the game to get used to it though.

Why would you not choose the pc version if you can run it? More frames,better graphics..why not? It has tessellation^^

Well, I've got a very high spec Alienware rig, but I need to sit at my desk and play on the PC to play games on it.  On the other hand, the PS4 is rigged up to a big old TV, so I can relax a bit more playing it.

I also get a bit nervous with PC games after the pain in the arse bollocks that was trying to play the latest Dark Souls game on PC, which was basically impossible on a crappy lazy XBox port.

Â