Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

The bottom line is we not sell to Villa regardless of the offer, period.

Thats from a respected ITK journo M Dennis this morning.

This is getting well spiteful now imo. :wacko:

is that similar to "lambert won't be joining you" then " culverhouse and karva definitely won't be joining you" from your itks when a few of us actually knew different .
  • Like 1

Notice in that article, theres an allegation that PL wanted to sell Grant Holt had he remained at Norwich? Any reason for bringing that into an article about Hoolahan? Maybe because we now have Holt and an attempt to cause a bit of a problem in our camp between player and manager. This man is as pathetic as they come. He's basically a mouthpiece for their CEO. It's funny he stated in his previous article that Norwich are not communicating with Villa due to the bid, so why are they e-mailing our board to expect a response. The whole thing stinks and we should move on which I think from reports this morning we may have.

• Like 1

I have no problem with Norwich not wanting to sell to what they see as a direct rival.  If they don't want to let go of a player who wants to go then that's their lookout.  I couldn't give a monkeys what happens to them and am only concerned with Aston Villa.

If they want to be difficult, we just look elsewhere.

• Like 1

The bottom line is we not sell to Villa regardless of the offer, period.

Thats from a respected ITK journo M Dennis this morning.

This is getting well spiteful now imo. :wacko:

is that similar to "lambert won't be joining you" then " culverhouse and karva definitely won't be joining you" from your itks when a few of us actually knew different .

No it will be different as Hoolahan is a player under contract who cannot (and i suspect would not) just walk out like Lambert did. You have to agree a fee with us and the point that so many of you lot seem to be ignoring in making comments about how petty we have been or how we should "let it go" or that we are being childish is that your reported offer was pathetic. You don't appear to have come in with a better offer subsequently. The transfer request changes nothing really. The fact is that if someone makes a decent offer it will be considered, until they do he's out player and we don;t need or want to sell him. Its not like we are desperate to make the sale so you can leave it til the end of the window and bank on us bowing to pressure.

We haven't opened up this feud again. Villa are the ones who have unsettled the player, put in a derisory bid and then via the manager and Holt talked about Hoolahan publically in press conferences to fan the flames. Yet we are supposedly showing being pathetic or showing a small club mentality by refusing to sell you a first team (regularish) player at a knock down price? Can you not see the irony in those claims? Our manager is still on thin ice with our fans at the moment. Selling one of our most popular (and importantly an attacking player with a bit of creativity) players to Lambert for a pittance would be appalling PR for him and its therefore massively naive for anyone your end to think that this approach would ever going to be successful unless you were offering very good money.

All Norwich fans knew Carsa and Culverhouse would go to Villa once Lambert did so i'm not sure which ITK's you have been conversing with. Why we we have wanted to keep Lambert's back room staff? they were just pawns in the compensation game.

Yet we are supposedly showing being pathetic or showing a small club mentality by refusing to sell you a first team (regularish) player at a knock down price? Can you not see the irony in those claims? Our manager is still on thin ice with our fans at the moment. Selling one of our most popular (and importantly an attacking player with a bit of creativity) players to Lambert for a pittance would be appalling PR for him and its therefore massively naive for anyone your end to think that this approach would ever going to be successful unless you were offering very good money.

I agree with a lot your post on principal, but Hoolahan has played 9 games this season - 4 of which have been substitute appearances.  I don't know how this fits in with being a "first team player" but I'd assume you won't be getting a transfer fee for him after this window (31 year old, not playing regularly, lack of time on his contract).

What are Norwich honestly holding out for?  You'd almost be better selling him for £750k given the lack of impact he's having on your season.

Yet we are supposedly showing being pathetic or showing a small club mentality by refusing to sell you a first team (regularish) player at a knock down price? Can you not see the irony in those claims? Our manager is still on thin ice with our fans at the moment. Selling one of our most popular (and importantly an attacking player with a bit of creativity) players to Lambert for a pittance would be appalling PR for him and its therefore massively naive for anyone your end to think that this approach would ever going to be successful unless you were offering very good money.

I agree with a lot your post on principal, but Hoolahan has played 9 games this season - 4 of which have been substitute appearances.  I don't know how this fits in with being a "first team player" but I'd assume you won't be getting a transfer fee for him after this window (31 year old, not playing regularly, lack of time on his contract).

What are Norwich honestly holding out for?  You'd almost be better selling him for £750k given the lack of impact he's having on your season.

iF he set up or scored a goal against us which helped relegate us, quite a lot actually!

Why? We don;t need £750K. We have no debt, wage bill under control and are looking to spend rather than sell. If he stays with us to the end of his contract in 18 months time and walks for nothing its not the end of the world and we could probably get more than £750K for him in the summer anyway. We can't get a replacement now for that sort of money. he's a useful player to have in the squad even if he does not play as much as he used to (or as much as the fans would want). He's played very well in 3 or 4 games for us recently and if he stays he will play again in games when we don;t play 2 up front. It is simply not worth the club p****ng off the fans (who have already been in semi-mutiny mode due to Hughton's turgid tactics) by selling Wes (one of the few players who does have some flair) to you lot for that sort of money right now. Had you offered a decent fee from the off it may have been different (and indeed it may be different in the summer) but i suspect both sides are entrenched in their position now.

Leaving aside the Villa/Norwich animosity at boardroom level I find it remarkable that so many of you seem to think that we are being unreasonable by refusing to sell you a good player for that pathetic price. 

I haven't said you're being unreasonable.  It's whatever is in Norwich City's interest - I'm concerned about Aston Villa.  I'm just quite surprised that they won't want to move a player on that;

a) Doesn't play regularly

b ) Wants to leave

and

c) Is 31 years old with not much time left on his contract

If Norwich want to keep an unhappy player, by all means go for it guys.

• Like 1

Hahaha you can't question a Lambert signing unless you have extensive knowledge of players and fees across world football?

Who said that? If you want to pipe up and criticize in a very derogatory way Lambert's intention to sign Hoolahan and come across very much like you think it's a piece of piss to find a number 10 on a budget. If they are 10 a penny, or a dime a dozen, then surely someone will have heard of one of them?

No?

But no one knows how much clubs would be willing to sell for or what wages players are on at other teams.

I don't think its that far fetched to believe Hoolahan, a 31 year old sitting on the bench at Norwich, is the only option we could sign in world football.

Why? We don;t need £750K. We have no debt, wage bill under control and are looking to spend rather than sell. If he stays with us to the end of his contract in 18 months time and walks for nothing its not the end of the world and we could probably get more than £750K for him in the summer anyway. We can't get a replacement now for that sort of money. he's a useful player to have in the squad even if he does not play as much as he used to (or as much as the fans would want). He's played very well in 3 or 4 games for us recently and if he stays he will play again in games when we don;t play 2 up front. It is simply not worth the club p****ng off the fans (who have already been in semi-mutiny mode due to Hughton's turgid tactics) by selling Wes (one of the few players who does have some flair) to you lot for that sort of money right now. Had you offered a decent fee from the off it may have been different (and indeed it may be different in the summer) but i suspect both sides are entrenched in their position now.

Leaving aside the Villa/Norwich animosity at boardroom level I find it remarkable that so many of you seem to think that we are being unreasonable by refusing to sell you a good player for that pathetic price. 

PS As i said above do not underestimate the PR angle to this. Hoolahan is a very popular player. Hughton is not that popular as he is perceived as defensive and conservative. This is exacerbated by comparisons with Lambert's (more naive and possibly would have been found out) swashbuckling style which often saw us have 4 strikers on the pitch at the end of games and generally always playing for the win. Symbolically, offloading one of our most popular attacking/creative players to anyone would not go down well. Offloading him to Lambert on the cheap would go down like a sack of sh*t.

iF he set up or scored a goal against us which helped relegate us, quite a lot actually!

Lets hope he does.

Stepping back, it makes no sense for NCFC to sell Hoolahan for £750K to a rival, especially when there is uncertainty as to whether their current manager is going to be around much longer and also considering that if a new manager did come in with a different style then Hoolahan could become an important and pivotal player for them once again.

From AVFC's point of view, lets not scrap around for a whole month for a £750K AM, please.

Smithy07 - you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Hoolahan has handed in two transfer requests, one of which he has made public.

Player is unhappy. You've your manager to thank for that of course, but what's done is done. He's mentally already out the door.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I haven't said you're being unreasonable.  It's whatever is in Norwich City's interest - I'm concerned about Aston Villa.  I'm just quite surprised that they won't want to move a player on that;

a) Doesn't play regularly

b ) Wants to leave

and

c) Is 31 years old with not much time left on his contract

If Norwich want to keep an unhappy player, by all means go for it guys.

I see your point but he was fine until the carrot of your longer contract was offered. i don;t think he's fundamentally unhappy at the club (or at least he wasn't) although obviously would like to be playing a bit more. From what i know of Wes i don;t think he's likely to cause major problems in the dressing room but obviously that's a judgment call for Hughton to make! he's been in and out of the team before including when Lambert first took over when we were in League 1 and he was banished to train with the kids and Lambert tried to sell him but he got back in the team and went on to be arguably our most important player in 2 successive promotions and our first season in the premier league!

Â