Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I think that, whether Lambert stays or is replaced, our squad consists mostly of "spackle".  I don't think too many of them want jetting out, but that they should be second choice to the quality we bring in.

Manchester United have some spackle too.  Cleverley, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling, Evans.  Players who are ideal as back up.  Cleverley in amongst a full strength United team would be fine.  A team that is more spackle than quality, like United now and especially us, is doomed to failure.

We need a quality first team where the lads we have now would sub in for injuries rather than being first choice.

I think this is the next part of Lambert's plan.

I think that, whether Lambert stays or is replaced, our squad consists mostly of "spackle". I don't think too many of them want jetting out, but that they should be second choice to the quality we bring in.

Manchester United have some spackle too. Cleverley, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling, Evans. Players who are ideal as back up. Cleverley in amongst a full strength United team would be fine. A team that is more spackle than quality, like United now and especially us, is doomed to failure.

We need a quality first team where the lads we have now would sub in for injuries rather than being first choice.

He failed at doing this in the summer.

We still can get better.

There were some very valid points made previously-Some of the team will improve with game time. A couple of additions now & in the summer could push us into the Newcastle/Southampton bracket. Newcastle have produced results not dissimilar to ours this season, they've just won a couple more bread & butter games as well.

We're still a lot better than last season & have proved we don't need to be carried by Benteke. Just think of the difference it would make if he regained form for the 2nd half of the season?

Shows how weak the league is that somehow we're joint 10th.

All of our wins have been by accident too apart from perhaps Cardiff.

You're right.  Remember current league leaders, Arsenal, being knocked out at home by Blackburn and away to Bradford in last year's cups?  The Premier League is way over-rated.

What cups has Lambert won then? 

Champions League...

...are you serious?

If it was a player for the future it should be Danny Ings or that ilk.

Erm...  I've had a couple of drinks tonight, but I might need that explaining.

sorry, commented on the wrong post, tried to delete ,but it still came through.

I think that, whether Lambert stays or is replaced, our squad consists mostly of "spackle".  I don't think too many of them want jetting out, but that they should be second choice to the quality we bring in.

Manchester United have some spackle too.  Cleverley, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling, Evans.  Players who are ideal as back up.  Cleverley in amongst a full strength United team would be fine.  A team that is more spackle than quality, like United now and especially us, is doomed to failure.

Really? I'll tell you what worries me about the last 8 months or so, is Lambert's taste for a 9'11" front man. Granted, there are times when you should mix it up and also I think tekkers turned out to be better on the deck than he first anticipated. But it all points to a particular style of play.

Lerner will not sack him and he wont resign so "we go again".

The latest embarrassment that he has presided over at home to a lower league team should imo be the point where he has the decency to say to Lerner that he has tried but is out of his depth but he wont.

Lerner could then either give him the funds to buy decent players or can go out and get another manager who in all likelihood will also fail as returning this club to where we were 4/5 years ago is going to take money. Lots of money that Lerner either doesn't have or is unwilling to give.

We go again, head long into a relegation battle for the 4th season in a row.

Has made the club into a laughing stock. Just watching the egg McDermott at Leeds in his post match interview, least he is honest, PL is just full of shite, no regrets we are out at all.

1) Show us all where Lambert says he has no regrets.

2) Re. Laughing stock.  By this time next week everyone will have forgotten about the Third Round of this year's FA Cup.  This type of result happens, move on.

Shows how weak the league is that somehow we're joint 10th.

All of our wins have been by accident too apart from perhaps Cardiff.

You're right.  Remember current league leaders, Arsenal, being knocked out at home by Blackburn and away to Bradford in last year's cups?  The Premier League is way over-rated.

It's not overrated. It was overrated. It seems like the league is losing a lot of interest.

If Lambert is so fond of target men then why did he go for Helenius? He may be tall but he's not a target man.

He didn't go for him as a target-man though. Helenius said he would be used off the striker or the wider role when he joined.

To be honest, the whole FA cup/Lambert/Media saga has made him look like a **** idiot.

It also has given every one in football to have sly pops at Lambert and Villa. For example, the FA Cup show have just ended with "Of course the FA cup matters, just ask Paul Lambert"

He's made us look like complete mugs and i'm pissed off at that. However i'm not calling for his head and believe he should still be managing Villa. Its just another embarrassing black dot on us and him. 

If Lambert is so fond of target men then why did he go for Helenius? He may be tall but he's not a target man.

He didn't go for him as a target-man though. Helenius said he would be used off the striker or the wider role when he joined.

I know, that was my entire point.

Well, he won't play him unless forced so maybe he is a target man 'work in progress'. 

In your view what is he then? Genuine question.

Has made the club into a laughing stock. Just watching the egg McDermott at Leeds in his post match interview, least he is honest, PL is just full of shite, no regrets we are out at all.

1) Show us all where Lambert says he has no regrets.

2) Re. Laughing stock.  By this time next week everyone will have forgotten about the Third Round of this year's FA Cup.  This type of result happens, move on

when you say happens... and type..... type being humiliating home defeat then

humiliating results at home: happen almost every other week when we play at home

if you mean humiliating result in the cup then twice a season

I know, that was my entire point.

Ah! Bedtime methinks ;)

Well, he won't play him unless forced so maybe he is a target man 'work in progress'. 

In your view what is he then? Genuine question.

And how do you know that? Why would Lambert buy somebody that isn't a target man in order to turn him into one? There are plenty out there.

He's good with the ball at his feet. Got good technique but not as strong as you might think. That's not even my view - that's the kind of player he is. His height is virtually irrelevant to that.

Edited by Mantis

TRO-What would you hope & expect if a new manager were to come in this window/or in the Summer?

It would surely mean starting from scratch again-Lamberts players bombed out within 2 or 3 windows & new cheap replacements coming in?

That would mean another 18 months wasted, another cheap squad assembled but what else?

What could possibly be achieved by replacing the manager?

We've had the same campaigns now for 4 years-This manager must go, that manager must go-We've lost in round 3, sack the manager.

My feeling is lets stick with what we have & give him chance to develop-18 months is no time given the task he's been given. Sunderland are in an almost identical situation to ourselves-Would you want to swap with them for example?

Listen, I have not yet said I want the manager to go and I endorse all the draw backs of starting all over again and reinventing funds for another incumbent to spunk up the wall or not which ever the case....but equally something has to change, we simply cannot carry on with a " Home record" alone is sufficient for an owner to gain support for a sacking... we have a record in cup competitions where lowly opposition are given benevolence in large doses.... we have teams getting their season back on track at our expense....these kind of things are not commensurate with a progressive team.....sorry it ain't.

Something for me has gone wrong....I think the Manager is struggling, maybe his confidence is damaged, I see things on the pitch during play that are worrying me. The basics are not there in so many area's.

I hear the confidence thing, but I am unsure that an away win at Arsenal,Southampton and Sunderland can't manufacture some semblance of confidence.

I think our problems stem from performance far more than result and that in terms of PLAY we are light years away from any kind of progress right now.

Edited by TRO

Really? I'll tell you what worries me about the last 8 months or so, is Lambert's taste for a 9'11" front man. Granted, there are times when you should mix it up and also I think tekkers turned out to be better on the deck than he first anticipated. But it all points to a particular style of play.

Direct and counter attacking? I have no problem with us being able to counter or going direct to a target man.

Edited by GENTLEMAN