Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I think lambert should face up he aint upto it if he thinks having sub 30% possesion is ok at home hes deluded. What worries me is he srates hes 18months into the project that means a fuve year plan we got 42 months more of this shit if he dosnt get experience in instead of buy 3 shit playrrs get 3 free ee could be in league 1 by then. Lambert have some pride you a failiure rhis dream is over for you

Guys were not Premiership managers but surely its all about the scouting. Who is finding these players. No doubt there are gems out there. A good scout can surely find 5-10 mil players who may have something special. Whoever had been scouting Luna, Lowton, Westwood and thought even Tonev had anything should be fired and if they did show signs of quality, we should be blaming Lambert for not getting it out of them. My personal priority would have been at least a big guy for midfiield, not all this light weight shite.

The way I see it, you can blame Lerner all you want, but this is Lamberts team Lamberts problem period!!!!!!!!!!!

But we are not spending 5-10m per player. Lambert has had to build a squad with 40m (16 players) and then fill this with the average crap from our youth team (Baker, Wiemann).

But we didnt need 16 players out of 40 million did we. We had Bannan, Bent, Delfonso, Lichi, Hutton, to name a few, ok all are not great but could do the job of Kozak, Lowton ect, and I really see nothing better in Luna than I did Hutton, at least Hutton had some bottle.. If this is the way we had to go we should have took a different route. Like I said before, buy better quality to back up the shite, not get rid of the shite to bring in more younger inexperienced players obviously with no bottle. Its completely the wrong direction, if this was gonna work other teams would have gone this way. Even the biggest teams dont even bring in their quality youth through because it takes a bit more than a few skills to play Premiership football.

Someone just pointed out on H&V that if you took Bony out of the Swansea and put in Michu in as would've occurred if he'd been fit then their starting 11 wouldn't have cost much more than ours.

Yeah I know they're only a point above us (mainly imo because like so many they're struggling with playing in Europe) but still if you're stuck in mid table then what style of football would you want to see? We saw the answer this afternoon and Swansea aren't even as good as they were the previous two seasons.

If you went today, like i did, the question asked was answered on the pitch.Totally clueless, total non-football, dull, predictable, incredibly poor quality football.Swansea gave us a lesson, and apparently they are in relegation trouble.This Villa team , more its manager, is an embarrassment.

Guys were not Premiership managers but surely its all about the scouting. Who is finding these players. No doubt there are gems out there. A good scout can surely find 5-10 mil players who may have something special. Whoever had been scouting Luna, Lowton, Westwood and thought even Tonev had anything should be fired and if they did show signs of quality, we should be blaming Lambert for not getting it out of them. My personal priority would have been at least a big guy for midfiield, not all this light weight shite.

The way I see it, you can blame Lerner all you want, but this is Lamberts team Lamberts problem period!!!!!!!!!!!

But we are not spending 5-10m per player. Lambert has had to build a squad with 40m (16 players) and then fill this with the average crap from our youth team (Baker, Wiemann).

But we didnt need 16 players out of 40 million did we. We had Bannan, Bent, Delfonso, Lichi, Hutton, to name a few, ok all are not great but could do the job of Kozak, Lowton ect, and I really see nothing better in Luna than I did Hutton, at least Hutton had some bottle.. If this is the way we had to go we should have took a different route. Like I said before, buy better quality to back up the shite, not get rid of the shite to bring in more younger inexperienced players obviously with no bottle. Its completely the wrong direction, if this was gonna work other teams would have gone this way. Even the biggest teams dont even bring in their quality youth through because it takes a bit more than a few skills to play Premiership football.

None of those players had put in performances which suggested they would step up and make the grade, they are only thought of now because they have been sold. They were rubbish, not consistent and added nothing when they did play. 

The only one I would consider out of those as being worthwhile is Bent and his wage is too high, the chairman wants high earners gone.

Its unwatchable, and then Lambert comes out with " We`re missing top class players like Benteke, Okore, Vlaar and............ Bennett !!!!! "

No... he really did say that

Benteke`s been out of sorts for weeks, barely seen Okore, and is probably as bad as his other signings. Vlaar would have made a difference, granted , and then Bennett ! enough said .   Our next 5 games look unwinable , which would leave us no doubt stuck in the bottom 3 in February.

I can see a situation soon where we`ll have us , the supporters, calling for both Lerner and Lambert to go , and the pair of them just hanging on to the detriment of this great club which just 3 years ago was level with the likes of Everton and Newcastle.

The only hope of us staying up is the fact that there are only 7 or 8 decent teams in the league and the rest of us are equally piss poor.

And if we sack him, who do the clowns in charge bring in?  The grass isn't always greener on the other side and I don't trust Lerner and Faulkner with making a good appointment especially with our financial status.  Lambert got us out of the shit last year with more or less the same squad so at least he has a proven track record.

He sure has.

Yes a track record of 'getting us out of the shit' then plunging us right back it in. Cheers Paul...

None of those players had put in performances which suggested they would step up and make the grade, they are only thought of now because they have been sold. They were rubbish, not consistent and added nothing when they did play. 

The only one I would consider out of those as being worthwhile is Bent and his wage is too high, the chairman wants high earners gone.

Yet what Lambert signings would you suggest have put in performances this season? You cannot dismiss the fact that he has replaced under performing players with absolute dross.

• Like 1

Yet what Lambert signings would you suggest have put in performances this season? You cannot dismiss the fact that he has replaced under performing players with absolute dross.

We are 4 months in and have missed two very influential players for long periods, Benteke and Vlaar. What this shows is that we need the manager to be backed so that when we do have an injury crisis, we can replace players with much better quality. We've probably put the first team out on the pitch twice all season.

• Like 1

No way should we sack him. Lack of patience in football in general is killing the game. Lack of reality coupled with lack of patience is dangerous, and that in my opinion is what fans are demonstrating . Luckily enough we are in a position where Lerner can't afford to sack him anyway, I say luckily enough as I still believe he is a top manager working to a long term plan. It is not him that is making me lose a lot of care for what happens though it is the formation of a mob rule mentality amongst a section of fans.

• Like 1

No way should we sack him. Lack of patience in football in general is killing the game. Lack of reality coupled with lack of patience is dangerous, and that in my opinion is what fans are demonstrating . Luckily enough we are in a position where Lerner can't afford to sack him anyway, I say luckily enough as I still believe he is a top manager working to a long term plan. It is not him that is making me lose a lot of care for what happens though it is the formation of a mob rule mentality amongst a section of fans.

we are avfc we deserve better the product is boring and i be honest i wouldnt pay 50p to watch that garbage if we played expansive footy id pay though the roof avfc are doomed with lambery and his kids its a mans game someone at the top needs to take responsibility and get this clown out. Pundits making fun of our style and possesion again on soccer saturday resign please paul and come watch the exciting villa see where you went wrong

We are 4 months in and have missed two very influential players for long periods, Benteke and Vlaar. What this shows is that we need the manager to be backed so that when we do have an injury crisis, we can replace players with much better quality. We've probably put the first team out on the pitch twice all season.

Thats not really answering the question though is it DK.

Lambert has brought in 16 players. How many of those 16 have performed this season?