Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Good start, half chances, nervous Benteke ruined a good attacking option by refusing to shoot and taking a heavy first touch. Nativity at the back exposed by a lack of coverage for Luna. Goals change matches and it was certainly against the run of play. Gifted United the chance and they have the quality to control the game. But we are playing with an out of form Lowton and our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs.

Midfield is devoid of Delph's presence. Albrighton and Gabby have shown flashes of good play.

Apart from that we've been complete dogshit. You missed that bit

Don't know if that was intentional or not, but it certainly explains a lot.

Quick! Sack the Manger.

It would be nice to at least have three wise man at the back who are bold, have some sense and don't make me go grrrrrrrrrr!

I'll get me coat

• Like 1

Wish we had propper money to spend because we're clearly going nowhere with this group of players.

And yeah id have to agree we are very fortunate to have 19 points at this stage. We watch awful football nearly every week. Clueless going forward and shambolic at the back is always a recipe for disaster. The back end of last season and the Arsenal game we looked like finally making progress. Since then we have been woeful. Injuries and key players lacking form dont help but ive watched every min of every game this season and we are just clueless on the whole

• Like 1

The goals have come from good crosses outside, something Villa has been missing all season. Give Benteke a chance to attack a cross from 8 yards and I'm sure he would have scored more goals this season.

We are playing a 433 in attack and 451 in defense. We drop to the half way line as soon as they get the ball. The problem is we can't get from 451 to 433 before we lose the ball and the cycle starts over.

Wish we had propper money to spend because we're clearly going nowhere with this group of players.

I think our chairman is happy with that.

He seems content with us staying just about midtable with minimal investment.

You think the lads would be fired up playing a utd team on the down

Did you even watch the first 15 minutes? They were fired up, but then we switched off and conceded a goal.

What a pity the game doesn't last for just the first few minutes of the match. We would be world beaters!

The assertion was that the team wasn't fired up. They were.

Whether that is enough to get a result is another thing altogether.