2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

think that 2002 was very open tournament as even Brazil were not a great team. even Ireland had a chance that year if Mccarthy had of realised Spain had 10 men in extra time we would have played south korea and then germany

Why the **** do ITV get two games?

The commentary for the Costa Rica game is going to be even more cringeworthy than usual.

Lineker was talking about it on Twitter earlier.  The BBC and ITV take it in turns to have the first pick at international tournaments (they get two in a row each, so one Euros and one World Cup) and this time it's ITV's turn to pick first. 

Edited by The_Rev

BBC & ITV schedule The BBC will have first pick of the round of 16 and semi finals, whilst ITV has first pick of the quarter finals. Both ITV and BBC will show the final. Full World Cup 2014 group stage TV schedule: 12 June Brazil v Croatia 9pm ITV 13 June Mexico v Cameroon 5pm ITV Spain v Netherlands 8pm BBC Chile v Australia 11pm ITV 14 June Columbia v Greece 5pm BBC Uruguay v Costa Rica 8pm ITV England v Italy 11pm BBC Ivory Coast v Japan 2am ITV 15 June Switzerland v Ecuador 5pm ITV France v Honduras 8pm BBC Argentina v Bosnia 11pm BBC 16 June Germany v Portugal 5pm ITV Iran v Nigeria 8pm BBC Ghana v USA 11pm BBC 17 June Brazil v Mexico 8pm BBC Belgium v Algeria 5pm ITV Russia v South Korea 11pm BBC 18 June Cameroon v Croatia 11pm ITV Australia v Holland 5pm ITV Spain v Chile 8pm BBC 19 June Columbia v Ivory Coast 5pm BBC Japan v Greece 11pm BBC England v Uruguay 8pm ITV 20 June France v Switzerland 8pm ITV Italy v Costa Rica 5pm BBC Honduras v Ecuador 11pm ITV 21 June Germany v Ghana 8pm BBC Argentina v Iran 5pm ITV Nigeria v Bosnia 11pm BBC 22 June Belgium v Russia 5pm BBC USA v Portugal 11pm BBC South Korea v Algeria 8pm ITV 23 June Cameroon v Brazil 9pm ITV Croatia v Mexico 9pm ITV Australia v Spain 5pm ITV Holland v Chile 5pm ITV 24 June Japan v Columbia 9pm BBC Greece v Ivory Coast 9pm BBC England v Costa Rica 5pm ITV 25 June Ecuador v France 9pm BBC Honduras v Switzerland 9pm BBC Nigeria v Argentina 5pm ITV Bosnia v Iran 5pm ITV 26 June South Korea v Belgium 9pm ITV Algeria v Russia 9pm ITV USA V Germany 5pm BBC Portugal v Ghana 5pm BBC

That is a work of art...

I thought the BBC always got the opening game? And I hate the fact that both channels always insist on screening the final. Just a pretty pathetic 'who will get more viewers' contest that the BBC always win.

I thought the BBC always got the opening game? And I hate the fact that both channels always insist on screening the final. Just a pretty pathetic 'who will get more viewers' contest that the BBC always win.

I like it. It embarrasses ITV.

• Like 1

You might hate the fact that both channels show the final, but surely you can understand why?

I just don't think it is fair for people who aren't interested in football that the two main channels on our TV will air exactly the same thing.

You might hate the fact that both channels show the final, but surely you can understand why?

I just don't think it is fair for people who aren't interested in football that the two main channels on our TV will air exactly the same thing.

2 channels out of like a million showing something they don't like. I think they'll survive for 2 hours.

if they can show the **** royal wedding on every channel in the universe all day then people can stomach a football match for 90 minutes every 4 years

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1