The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

This is my kind of quiz...NAME THAT TYPE OF TURD!

186.jpg

(I don't have the answers)

I see :

1,2,Crunchie (#3),4

Rolo (5), Moro? (6), 7, Fruit & Nut (8),

9, Milky Way (10), Snickers (11), Mars (12),

Lion or Toffee Crisp? (13), 14, Caramel (15), Tracker (16)

Bounty (#17), Picnic? 18, 19, Crunchy Kitkat (20)

Watching only connect on bbc2 ( a new one on me )

Yikes that's one tough quiz show. Though I did just ace Kublai Khan as a 5 pointer :)

I've had to stop watching it, it's one quiz show too many for the missus. Either that, or she's jealous of Victoria Coren... 

• Like 1

Watching only connect on bbc2 ( a new one on me )

Yikes that's one tough quiz show. Though I did just ace Kublai Khan as a 5 pointer :)

It's my favourite quiz show.

Bafflingly difficult. So difficult that I find myself laughing when they reveal the answers most of the time because it's so ridiculous. 

But it makes it oh so sweet when you get one right.

I'm pretty good at the missing vowels round though.

I like the connections wall best - the Only Connect website has loads of them to play online, and it's incredibly addictive.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

I like the connections wall best - the Only Connect website has loads of them to play online, and it's incredibly addictive.

Yep, I've had a go at dozens and dozens of those.

Incredibly satisfying when you actually get them right!

I don't really enjoy them that much when they do them on the show, I prefer to be doing them myself.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I got a full house on the connections wall last night , worryingly I got the Robbie Williams songs connection first  :blush:

the missing vowels I got a big fat zero on , as I did on most of the other rounds (apart from my afore mentioned Khan answer )

but as I  pointed out to Mrs H who was calling me a loser  , that would have scored me 15 points on my own and the team that came second only scored 21 collectively so on paper that made me a winner ...... at which point I realised she had left the room and I was talking to the cat

• Like 1

funny thing on only connnect...

I didn't watch it back then, but apparently when it first started the categories at the start were chosen by choosing a Greek Letter.

Viewers complained that it was too pretentious, so they changed it to Egyptian hieroglyphs :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Â