Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

According to transfer markt Clasie is a defensive mid is this correct

From limited knowledge of the Dutch League and FM, yes, but more in the Westwood typed mould of defensive mid. A passer who dictates play not a tackler. Admittedly I've not seen him play much, but I think that's the type of player he is. I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of the Dutch League will correct me.

He's pretty good, but fades away when playing against the top Dutch sides when the pressure is on but maybe it's because of his midfield partner who is practically Holman 0.5. Less positive attributes are shooting and free-kicks/corners and is more box-to-box with a decent pass. Not ready for the Premiership is my guess but that is also what I said about Bacuna.

Your not referring to Vilhena as Holman 0.5 are you ?

Lex Immers I think

Lescott has agreed £90k week contract at west ham, with a 3 year contract if they stay up

Sensible spending by West Ham and Big Sam as per usual.

My sarcasm radar is blinking, is it working correctly?

Yes

Lescott is a very good player imo, but £90k a week is close to world class wages and he certainly isn't world class.

And if they go down?  A drop in wage for success seems strange?

I believe its £90k/week for the rest of this season,dropping to £50k/week for 3 years if they stay up.

I believe its £90k/week for the rest of this season,dropping to £50k/week for 3 years if they stay up.

Thats a pretty good deal for West Ham. The extra 40k a week until the end of the season becomes a very small transfer fee.

Thats a pretty good deal for West Ham. The extra 40k a week until the end of the season becomes a very small transfer fee.

Even better deal if he keeps them up.

Spurs sign Holtby for 1.25mil he players 23 games for them and now they want £8-10mil for him. Gotta love old spurs.

Where-as we sign Benteke for 7m, he has an incredible season and they expect to buy him for 12-14m.

Â