Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Look at that list of Teams: Swansea, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and Hull

If Ince is such an exciting prospect why are the other 'bigger' teams not coming in for him.

I hate to be a miserable ballbag here, but we are very much in that list when it comes to quality at the moment. There are just 6 points between us.

I don't think the implication is that we aren't in with those teams - I see it as questioning why, if Ince is that good, Everton/Liverpool/Tottenham etc. aren't in for him.

• Like 1

I accept the realities of the situation at Villa and while I'll be disappointed if there are no new faces before the end of the window I don't think it's the end of the world.

Clearly I have been brainwashed by Lerner and my expectations are so low that I will be happy to see us avoid dropping out of the football league.

• Like 1

If Ince is such an exciting prospect why are the other 'bigger' teams not coming in for him.

I hate to be a miserable ballbag here, but we are very much in that list when it comes to quality at the moment. There are just 6 points between us.

I don't think the implication is that we aren't in with those teams - I see it as questioning why, if Ince is that good, Everton/Liverpool/Tottenham etc. aren't in for him.

Very true. Though saying that I think they will be in for him... Rumours are that Liverpool are interested again and I reckon one or two others might take a look. Newcastle maybe? I just think if those other teams mentioned are having a go, maybe we should also as he is clearly better than Tonev and probably Albrighton as well.

For me it's nothing to do with how much money is spent, i really couldn't give a monkeys about that, It's about seeing a decent football team that has a chance of silverware &/or Europe. If Lambert can do that with the current philosophy then great! In fact that would be even better then "buying" success in my opinion. BUT when we are at potential risk of being sucked into a relegation scrap AGAIN then i think it's only normal to be questioning things isn't it?.....After all what's the alternative? being resigned forever to accept second rate mediocrity?.... No thanks!

Better to have tried, failed and tried again than never to have tried at all in which case you have failed by default anyway..

the point is this approach...building steadily...takes time. We don't have to accept mediocrity, but we should probably try and be patient as we get slowly to where we want to be.

That i have no issue with, apart from getting itchy for some success of course but then what fan doesn't, i think a lot of the posters are just getting frustrated as whilst we all no doubt have the same goal of seeing a good Villa team, we are here again heading into the back end of the season in a very similar position points wise to the last one. So i can understand the frustration. I do accept it will be a loooooooong sloooow process but i guess this is compounded by the fact it has been so long since we did have a decent Villa team even long before Lambert came of course which undoubtedly leads to frustration boiling over quicker than it should do maybe.

I think that's the main issue and difference of opinion on here reading back through the posts, Some think progress is being made whilst others don't see it maybe? either way it's only a mutual love for the club really. 

I do see progress personally, yes it's a lot slower than i'd hoped for but as long as we progress year on year then eventually we have to end up with a good team and the last thing i want is for the whole process to get knocked back and start again with another manager. I do want to see what Lambert can achieve here but obviously a relegation would show things were going in the wrong direction and would possibly take years for this club to recover from, so yes!, as a fan of the club it does give me the jitters when we are again flirting with it. I know we're tenth but the table is a little weird this season. Last year we were all panicking at being just 6 points ahead because we were lower in the table and we have this horrid habit of losing against those teams around and below us so far this season. So Yes! i would like to see us strengthen our obvious weakness in midfield/creativity. If it can't happen then so be it and hopefully we'll survive the season. 

Very true. Though saying that I think they will be in for him... Rumours are that Liverpool are interested again and I reckon one or two others might take a look. Newcastle maybe? I just think if those other teams mentioned are having a go, maybe we should also as he is clearly better than Tonev and probably Albrighton as well.

The 'bigger teams' are in a great position in regards to Ince. They'll get to see how Ince performs at the top level whilst in a scrap to get away from the bottom, if he does well they'll be able to sign him on a free in the Summer and simply pay whatever compensation is required.

To be honest at this point I'm resigned to us not signing anyone so keeping look out on who is moving elsewhere.Ince and Odemwingie to Stoke will certainly give them more pace up front , defence still awful though

Ince has just arrived at Stoke for what it is worth so I think that rules out any chance of him moving here.

Doing the rounds on all the clubs mentioned above. He was at Palace this morning for talks, supposedly.

Ince has just arrived at Stoke for what it is worth so I think that rules out any chance of him moving here.

Doing the rounds on all the clubs mentioned above. He was at Palace this morning for talks, supposedly.

If he doesn't make a stop off at BMH I'll be disappointed, I think he'd be worth a punt for 6 months if we aren't getting anybody else in. Being as it is a loan move he'll be on the same wages as he is now too, so surely nothing major. 

If he doesn't make a stop off at BMH I'll be disappointed, I think he'd be worth a punt for 6 months if we aren't getting anybody else in. Being as it is a loan move he'll be on the same wages as he is now too, so surely nothing major.

We couldn't loan him at the moment which is the tricky thing. It would have to be a permanent deal.

We couldn't loan him at the moment which is the tricky thing. It would have to be a permanent deal.

Give Blackpool cash + delfon

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Doesn't that say something about the player though he has 6months remaining and his clubs loaning him out rather than selling him.

That he himself wants to keep his options open? Blackpool will get compensation if he leaves on a free anyway and I'd imagine they'll be asking for a loan fee at the minute too. Loan fee + compensation is probably better than any transfer fee they could ask for right now, Ince gets to choose whether to stay the club he is loaned to in the Summer or move to a bigger club if one pops up. Win/win for them both really when you think about it.

Doesn't that say something about the player though he has 6months remaining and his clubs loaning him out rather than selling him.

Don't forget his dad was just sacked by the club via txt message. He could have quite easily kicked up some sort of fuss or done something which means all parties need to sort a deal sooner rather than later...

Edited by Tayls

Â