Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Lerner, it is time to open the wallet. Like...right now.

Not a chance in hell. He just has to wait for us to turn on Lambert so he can be sacked and the circle starts again.
I do not think that will happen.

Fans will turn on the manager, they think 40m is enough to be top 10, whilst removing the higher paid experienced players.

Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Bent, Heskey.

All replaced for that 40m, this does not include having to fill out the squad and improve areas.

Petrov has also gone for sad reasons.

I think the fans will stay with Lambert, I will be surprised if they turn on him. Last year was worst and they stayed with Lambert until the end.

Spending money is pointless. Even if he could bring players in it'd be more of the league one/foreign nobody crap not benefitting the team and putting the point which Lerner has regained his money further away.

Sadly I fear thats the remit any Aston Villa manager right now would face.

That's why it's pointless. Anyone who spends £40 to go and watch a shite team, who can't score goals and players not good enough for the division needs their head seeing too.

Even if money was available, I wouldn't trust lambert to bring in a decent player for the position we need. We'd end up with a tall bloke from Slovakia to stick up front if be take, kozak, Bowery, gabby, Weimar or helenius was injured.

That's why it's pointless. Anyone who spends £40 to go and watch a shite team, who can't score goals and players not good enough for the division needs their head seeing too.

Even if money was available, I wouldn't trust lambert to bring in a decent player for the position we need. We'd end up with a tall bloke from Slovakia to stick up front if be take, kozak, Bowery, gabby, Weimar or helenius was injured.

Anybody who spends £40 to go and watch a shite team needs to get their head seen too ey? Piss off and support Man City then.

Or not go until I think I may enjoy it.

I can think of better ways of spending £40 than being bored rigid for 90 minutes and come out angry.

Anybody who spends £40 to go and watch a shite team needs to get their head seen too ey? Piss off and support Man City then.

Or not go until I think I may enjoy it.

I can think of better ways of spending £40 than being bored rigid for 90 minutes and come out angry.

Fantastic, but it doesn't mean you need to degrade those who want to show their continued support. 

• Like 3

That's fair enough. If you want to support Lerner's austerity and Lambert's ineptness, then whilst it's not something I'm prepared to do, you have my respect.

Then what are you then? It's not a loaded question, but your statement implies you won't support Villa until either/both go.

That's fair enough. If you want to support Lerner's austerity and Lambert's ineptness, then whilst it's not something I'm prepared to do, you have my respect.

People are supporting their team. It's got **** all to do with supporting "Lerner's austerity" or "Lambert's ineptness" and I think it's ridiculous that you're trying to paint it as that.

• Like 1

I'm not going to spunk money up the wall to watch dross, and I find it bizarre that anyone would want to watch League One standard players at Premier League prices. I guess I should have worded it better.....

Fair enough if you're not prepared to spend money on Villa but don't try and berate others for supporting their team.

Just out of curiosity, if we started playing well would you come back?

People are supporting their team. It's got **** all to do with supporting "Lerner's austerity" or "Lambert's ineptness" and I think it's ridiculous that you're trying to paint it as that.

And that's great. I just see it as a one-way, pointless exercise I guess.

You have my admiration for sticking with it. There's only so much disappointment and boredom I can put up with.

And that's great. I just see it as a one-way, pointless exercise I guess.

You have my admiration for sticking with it. There's only so much disappointment and boredom I can put up with.

You do understand that if everybody shared your view, the club would cease to exist? We all have differing opinions but you're openly ridiculing and mocking those who are willing to show their continued support. 

Times are hard, I understand that, I planned to purchase my first season ticket in the Summer but I just couldn't afford to do it in the end. If I could afford to be at every game I would, home and away, through thick and thin. I appreciate that people may stop turning up, that some people can't see reasoning to spending their hard earned cash on very expensive tickets, I understand it whole heartedly. What I don't understand is the point of taking the piss out of those who do want to continue supporting - not Randy, not Lambert, not even specific players - but their club, your club, OUR club.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

There is no one within our ridiculously small budget that could improve us.

We either get serious about being a Premier League team or offer League One fees and wages and eventually drop down to League One

Scary thought.

Â