• Vlaar
    • Clark
    • Bacuna
    • Sylla
    • Benteke
    • Westwood
    • Weimann
    • Kozák (for Weimann 57)

It's frustrating for sure but if you don't concede you have a base to build from. Last year we had to score twice to win this year once we click we should start picking up 3 points home and away.

It's frustrating like I said but we are still a work in progress lets see how we do against Cardiff before slitting our wrists!

If Bentekes header goes in, we'd all be delighted. We defended stoutly and almost nicked it. Definitely a point gained here.

and the ball control and shot with his left foot was absolutely brilliant. I only saw the 2nd half but I thought Benteke was very good. The ball from  Lowton was great. I wouldn't be too harsh on this performance it was ok. its the home form we need to sort out

Dire performance, but a point is better than nothing. I fear for us again this season, 4th season of a relegation battle. There has been no progress.

This.

We are quite dreadful. No one will want to join us, no one will want to watch us, players sadly really don't seem good enough and certainly not consistent enough. Apathy setting in, not long until it turns against Lambert at this rate. Next four games now very important.

I'm glad to not lose, we weren't full strength, we kept a clean sheet...

Still not enthusiastic about this season, we've been awful for the main part. Our good days have been overtaken by our poor days.

Most of our players are 'under performing'...but the consistence of this under performing makes me think a lot of them are just playing at their actual level. This is problem with buying young players from lower leagues, they're a huge gamble and even when the gamble pays off (Westwood and Lowton last season) it's unlikely that they keep it up.

We need to pick up at least 5 wins between now and New Year, when considering our opponents. Anything less and we will be struggling come May.

We are unlucky that Benteke is out of form at the same time as Wiemann...

Periods of bad form aren't exclusive to lower league players.

That's the point I made...I'm not sure this is a period of poor form, I think it may just be that this is how good the players actually are...

• Like 1

I dont agree that Benteke is out of form. He's come back from injury and might have ended up with 2 goals today

Agreed, my mention of poor form was not mean to include Benteke, Delph, Guzan and Vlaar...

I'm glad to not lose, we weren't full strength, we kept a clean sheet...

Still not enthusiastic about this season, we've been awful for the main part. Our good days have been overtaken by our poor days.

Most of our players are 'under performing'...but the consistence of this under performing makes me think a lot of them are just playing at their actual level. This is problem with buying young players from lower leagues, they're a huge gamble and even when the gamble pays off (Westwood and Lowton last season) it's unlikely that they keep it up.

We need to pick up at least 5 wins between now and New Year, when considering our opponents. Anything less and we will be struggling come May.

We are unlucky that Benteke is out of form at the same time as Wiemann...

Periods of bad form aren't exclusive to lower league players.

That's the point I made...I'm not sure this is a period of poor form, I think it may just be that this is how good the players actually are...

A period of poor Form......19 away games going back exactly a year. Lost against the Big 4 (Chelsea 8-0 and 2-1, Arsenal 2-1, City 0-5, and Man U 0-3. Of the other 14 games we have won 7 and drawn 7, scoring 25 and conceeding 17.

A record most Clubs would die for.

And people wonder why Villa fans are cionsidered to be a bunch of whingers !!!!

I dont agree that Benteke is out of form. He's come back from injury and might have ended up with 2 goals today

Agreed, my mention of poor form was not mean to include Benteke, Delph, Guzan and Vlaar...

Yep  as long as Benteke gets the service the goals will come. With the penalty miss he's had at least 4 great opportunities to score since his come back. He wont keep missing! If Weimann and Gabby are out for any length of time I think we should stick with Kozak up front alongside him. It didn't quite work when kozak came on but i can see a partnership there in the making. Kozak on his own no way but with the big man up front alongside him maybe.

I agree with Isa, away form is good, but our home form is atrocious. We are 2 goals away from being winless at home this year.

If we were half as good at home as we 'seem' to be away, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I remember when McLeish was here i suggested that the reason why he set us up so defensively was that we just weren't good enough to play any other way to get enough points to stay in the Premiership.

It looks as though Lambert did the same today.

But these are the sort of games that we usually at least try and win away. Lambert changed the entire set-up and why? Just because our left-backs were out?

I'm not trying to excuse Lambert but justing pointing out the similarity in today's tactics with McLeish. 

• Like 1

Â