Miwdeek Footnall 22 - 24 Oct

coda

I went to the Emirates last night. Thought there would have been more chances created by both teams. Arsenal just were not at the races yesterday.

Have to say that Dortmund fans are some of the best fans I have ever witnessed. I need to make it my goal to get a ticket for a Dortmund home and away game one day just to experience it. Another note, they had a drum with them yesterday, I was suprised the security would let away fans bring that into the stadium with them, plus they let the "conductor" stand up on a platform or chair for the game too. Good of them to let it happen but they wouldnt let a premier league team do that.

To be honest I'm amazed there aren't any German managers plying their trade in the PL

Well they kind of have their own league to manage in, there aren't any English managers in the Bundesliga either.  

But there is a hell of a lot more money in England.  We have Italian and Spanish managers in the Premier League (well, no Italians at this exact moment but we have had two in 2013)  and they have their own leagues too.  It is a curiosity.  I know Uwe Rosler is in charge at Brentford and Steffen Freund is assistant manager at Spurs but I think they have both stayed in England since their playing days. 

not just managers but the top German players rarely leave their league as they usually just go to Bayern

I went to the Emirates last night. Thought there would have been more chances created by both teams. Arsenal just were not at the races yesterday.

Have to say that Dortmund fans are some of the best fans I have ever witnessed. I need to make it my goal to get a ticket for a Dortmund home and away game one day just to experience it. Another note, they had a drum with them yesterday, I was suprised the security would let away fans bring that into the stadium with them, plus they let the "conductor" stand up on a platform or chair for the game too. Good of them to let it happen but they wouldnt let a premier league team do that.

I respect your view. Was this because of the quality of the opposition and Arsenal not being allowed the usual time on the ball they get in the Premier League. Ramsey probably had his worst game of the season although was unlucky to have that goal ruled out. I thought Arsenal dominated the 2nd half and were undone by the sucker punch. Definately no gulf in class like we saw when Man City played Bayern when Bayern killed them.

To be honest I'm amazed there aren't any German managers plying their trade in the PL

Well they kind of have their own league to manage in, there aren't any English managers in the Bundesliga either.  

But there is a hell of a lot more money in England.  We have Italian and Spanish managers in the Premier League (well, no Italians at this exact moment but we have had two in 2013)  and they have their own leagues too.  It is a curiosity.  I know Uwe Rosler is in charge at Brentford and Steffen Freund is assistant manager at Spurs but I think they have both stayed in England since their playing days. 

Uwe Rosler was a great coach here. Were strict, no billy bob s***. I miss him, our local team has been shit since he left. Well the year after was good but even so, he left a big hole. 

From Colombia:  Independiente Santa Fe's kit man forgot to pack their kit for their game this week.  They had to send somebody to one of the dodgy market stalls outside the stadium and buy a bunch of knock off shirts for the players to wear.  Shirt numbers were added with the use of permanent marker.  Again, this was in the Colombian Premier League. :lol: 

• Like 2

Well the only Spanish manager in the Premier League has spent most of his life in the UK going back to his playing days so he is a bit of anomaly I'd say and I can't think of too many other Spanish managers in recent memory off the top of my head (I know Ramos had a short spell, perhaps I'm missing some obvious ones?). 

Managers from the big 3 leagues (England, Germany and Spain) will aspire to manage in their own league rather than move abroad I'd say.

From Colombia:  Independiente Santa Fe's kit man forgot to pack their kit for their game this week.  They had to send somebody to one of the dodgy market stalls outside the stadium and buy a bunch of knock off shirts for the players to wear.  Shirt numbers were added with the use of permanent marker.  Again, this was in the Colombian Premier League. :lol:

and i thought the Ireland game when Richard Dunne had to get a No.5 drawn on his jersey was bad :P

Sociedad are in dreadful form though, beat Valencia at weekend but before that didnt win since August. Think United will have enough for them if Rooney and RVP playing and think be similar game to Leverkusen one (who are somehow 3rd in Bundesliga :o as they were atrocious that night)

Re- Sociedad. I'm kind of hoping they're saving their best for the CL this season given that they'll probably not be back there for a while. Admittedly it hasn't worked out so far but I take solace from the fact that the 2 sides who have beaten them in the CL are doing well domestically and United ... err ... aren't. It is more out of hope than expectation though, which is why it will be interesting.

true but think United are playing better in Champions League as well, United slaughtered Leverkusen and could have been a lot more than 4 goals. think the criticism United got for drawing in Ukraine where teams usually dont get results was embarrassing. People forget Chelsea lost 3-0 last season in Donetsk

Â