Miwdeek Footnall 22 - 24 Oct

coda

Dortmund av over 80,000 for home games ! Did I hear that correctly ?

Yes in the league - standing is allowed in the Bundesliga.

Edited by bose

Dortmund av over 80,000 for home games ! Did I hear that correctly ?

Yes. Though it has to be pointed out they have one of the best catchment areas in world football.  The Ruhr isn't far off the size of London population wise and really only two football clubs anyone cares about (sorry Bochum fans).  Their local rivals Schalke sell out their 62,000 seater stadium every week too. 

• Like 1

It's a great model though.  Wild speculation and completely off topic, but if I were Manchester United I would be giving serious consideration to Klopp for the managers job. 

• Like 1

It's a great model though.  Wild speculation and completely off topic, but if I were Manchester United I would be giving serious consideration to Klopp for the managers job. 

It is but these things can rarely be copied, much like the Ajax model of the early 90's these things tend to be pretty hard to replicate.

Klopp would have been a good choice for United and it is only a matter of time before he is in the PL I suspect but I don't see them switching from Moyes any time soon.

Klopp would be perfect for Arsenal.

I had a chat with a mate at Christmas and after he had completely shot down pep because "he can only do it with the worlds best players when he doesn't actually have to do anything" (an argument we still have now due to him "picking the easiest option in world football with Bayern") he also didn't want klopp because " he hasn't done anything yet", he actually wanted moyes above anyone else I could think of

not sure if it deserves a picard or simply that he's a die hard utd fan from the midlands who never goes to games, always plays as utd on fifa and doesn't watch anyone but utd so its not actually that surprising

his opinion of cleverly is mind blowing...

I had a chat with a mate at Christmas and after he had completely shot down pep because "he can only do it with the worlds best players when he doesn't actually have to do anything" (an argument we still have now due to him "picking the easiest option in world football with Bayern") he also didn't want klopp because " he hasn't done anything yet", he actually wanted moyes above anyone else I could think of

not sure if it deserves a picard or simply that he's a die hard utd fan from the midlands who never goes to games, always plays as utd on fifa and doesn't watch anyone but utd so its not actually that surprising

his opinion of cleverly is mind blowing...

We've all got idiot mates.   I agree that Pep has had an easier ride to the top that most will ever get but he has produced the goods while he is there so he deserves his reputation. 

Klopp is very interesting though.  I love the way Dortmund play the game, I'm not sure who takes the most credit for that but to my untrained eyes it looks very much like Klopp is the driving force behind it all. They have lost their best player for two seasons in a row and it doesn't appear to have affected them at all, it seems they will lose their best player again next summer. Klopp has to wonder what he could achieve if he was at a club with serious financial clout, he knows the English media like him so he can assume he would be made very welcome here.  He is fluent in English and dropped some hints in the build up to tonights game that he would like to manage in the Premier League one day.  Ideally I'd like to see him establish Dortmund as a serious European power but the realist in me knows that the rich elite will break up the current Dortmund setup within two or three years. When that happens I'd actually enjoy seeing Klopp over here. 

Though Ajax were meant to be decent?

They were.   In 1995. 

BXNRHIGCEAADLmr.jpg

light drizzle at pompey...

At least they've got a roof over the away stand these days. 

Â