Miwdeek Footnall 22 - 24 Oct

coda

Dortmund's pressing in this second half looks very similar to the way Villa dealt with Spurs in the first half Sunday. Unfortunately for them, Lewandowski's holdup play has also been mirroring Kozak

Did he score just as you pressed "post" ? :D 

And Lewandowski really looks like Gary Cahill, doesn't he? 

Dortmund's pressing in this second half looks very similar to the way Villa dealt with Spurs in the first half Sunday. Unfortunately for them, Lewandowski's holdup play has also been mirroring Kozak

Did he score just as you pressed "post" ? :D

And Lewandowski really looks like Gary Cahill, doesn't he? 

Hahaha yes that was a very un-Kozak like finish. I have excellent timing

Arsenal are in trouble if the result holds. They have the same fixtures remaining as Napoli except their game vs napoli is in Naples. If both win home against Marseille and both lose at Dortmund Arsenal will have to get a draw in Italy.

And right as I say that they score a brilliant counter. But seriously, the way they approaced this half is a similar style to how Villa have been trying to play big clubs

In all seriousness, it's because we are trying to do what Dortmund do.   Lambert is an ex Dortmund player (he won the Champions League with them in '97) Lambert and Klopp did their badges together in Germany and are big mates.

LouuJAi.jpg

Lambert is hugely influenced by the German way of doing things. It's just a shame he is being forced to do it with lower league players. 

• Like 1

And right as I say that they score a brilliant counter. But seriously, the way they approaced this half is a similar style to how Villa have been trying to play big clubs

In all seriousness, it's because we are trying to do what Dortmund do.   Lambert is an ex Dortmund player (he won the Champions League with them in '97) Lambert and Klopp did their badges together in Germany and are big mates.

LouuJAi.jpg

Lambert is hugely influenced by the German way of doing things. It's just a shame he is being forced to do it with lower league players. 

Oh I know all about Lambert's background, I'm probably one of his biggest fans one here. I was just trying to point out that everyone moaning about the style is kinda weird, because that's how Dortmund approach big teams too, they just do it with a lot more quality. And it's ironic because everyone constantly talks with such admiration for playing the Dortmund way.

Comparing Villa with Dortmund is a huge insult to the latter!

We play NOTHING like Dortmund do, we lay low and try to counter, they press high up the field as soon as they lose the ball. When do we press that high? We charge high with long balls down the corridors when we attack on the counter, but we never chase the ball as effectively as they do.

They kept a bit low today because they had a solid result and knew they didn't need a big result, and besides, Arsenal can press every single team in the world when they do need a result.

We play more similar to Stoke and Hull than we do Dortmund to be fair.

Bloody hell, ITV are desperate for somebody to say Lewandowski should have been sent off aren't they?  They will wheel out the kit man and ask him what he thinks sooner or later. 

To be honest I'm amazed there aren't any German managers plying their trade in the PL

Well they kind of have their own league to manage in, there aren't any English managers in the Bundesliga either.  

But there is a hell of a lot more money in England.  We have Italian and Spanish managers in the Premier League (well, no Italians at this exact moment but we have had two in 2013)  and they have their own leagues too.  It is a curiosity.  I know Uwe Rosler is in charge at Brentford and Steffen Freund is assistant manager at Spurs but I think they have both stayed in England since their playing days. 

Domestic stuff, but Pompey - Wycombe has been abandoned due to a thunderstorm. Are any VT'ers down that way getting soaked this evening?

Was awful down here, will try and remember to post a video tomorrow.

Â