What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Ah, the "American cars can't go round corners" myth... :rolleyes:

Mustangs can't. (Nor do Challengers or Vipers).

Camaros and Corvettes? Another story entirely.

Really? Because the weekend I got my Mustang, I took it to the business park where I work where there is nothing but corners and roundabouts to get used to sitting on the wrong side of the car and it handled brilliantly, corners and roundabouts - not a problem.

Ah, the "American cars can't go round corners" myth... :rolleyes:

Mustangs can't. (Nor do Challengers or Vipers).

Camaros and Corvettes? Another story entirely.

Really? Because the weekend I got my Mustang, I took it to the business park where I work where there is nothing but corners and roundabouts to get used to sitting on the wrong side of the car and it handled brilliantly, corners and roundabouts - not a problem.

Its has the same suspension as this Posted Image

No it doesn't handle brilliantly. :-)

• Like 1

Do you drive one?

Nope, never driven a leaf sprung car in my life. They don't tend to handle especially well though.

Well, from my experience of owning and driving one I can tell you that it handles very well and cornering is not a problem.

I'd suggest the vast majority of cars are fast enough and agile enough to cope with the driving ability of the average Brit on the average British road. Anybody driving their car anywhere near it's limits, their limits or the limits of the road is being a bit of a penis. By the same token, it's really quite rare that somebody genuinely has a car and an ability that warrants a 'track day' or true private road experience. Although I have noticed that quite a few people that clearly are exceptional drivers on the verge of an F1 career that have been so impressive at the Nurburgring that they won a sticker, tend to drive a Corsa or Clio.

• Like 2

The mountain road over here during TT fortnight is the closest to a track day I've ever had.  It's brilliant fun, but also ridiculously dangerous with the amount of crazed bikers trying to kill themselves in as spectacular a fashion as they can.

The mountain road over here during TT fortnight is the closest to a track day I've ever had.  It's brilliant fun, but also ridiculously dangerous with the amount of crazed bikers trying to kill themselves in as spectacular a fashion as they can.

My old man is in his 70's and still goes over with his BSA's to give them a run out. 

Fine in a 'controlled' environment, but not something I can understand with your average biker who appears to think he knows what's around the next corner on public roads. We've a 5 mile lane close to me where with depressing regularlity bikers  choose to put themselves and others in hospital. Roughly one a month for the last four years.

My old man is in his 70's and still goes over with his BSA's to give them a run out. 

Fine in a 'controlled' environment, but not something I can understand with your average biker who appears to think he knows what's around the next corner on public roads. We've a 5 mile lane close to me where with depressing regularlity bikers  choose to put themselves and others in hospital. Roughly one a month for the last four years.

There's nothing controlled about the TT!  Especially when you get 30,000 bikers (most of them foreign) who all think they are Joey Dunlop but clearly aren't.

There's nothing controlled about the TT!  Especially when you get 30,000 bikers (most of them foreign) who all think they are Joey Dunlop but clearly aren't.

I know what you're saying, but you know during official run times that there isn't (shouldn't be) a cyclist or a kid on a horse coming the other way.

I agree it's not kindergarten, but it is fair game. My point was along the lines of 'normal' roads can have all those normal situations like a pensioner attempting a 16 point turn, a delivery van, a mum and a buggy. Yet somehow a worrying proportion of bikers always presume these people and things won't be around the next corner, or any corner, ever. Locally, on that one road, they've been wrong quite a few times.

Motorbikes should be made to use the cyclepaths.

So there's this pavement in the pub banging on about how hard he is, he reckons he can give a kicking to anybody, cobbles, pea gravel, black top tarmac, anybody.

In walks a length of green surface with a white dashed line.

'Go on', says the pavement's drinking buddy, 'do him'.

'No way', says the pavement, 'he's a complete cyclepath'

• Like 3

Motorbikes should be made to use the cyclepaths.

So there's this pavement in the pub banging on about how hard he is, he reckons he can give a kicking to anybody, cobbles, pea gravel, black top tarmac, anybody.

In walks a length of green surface with a white dashed line.

'Go on', says the pavement's drinking buddy, 'do him'.

'No way', says the pavement, 'he's a complete cyclepath'

138719843756.gif

I showed up some kid with a Fiesta RS today.

His girlfriend lives just down the road from me so I've often seen him drive past but it sounds like he's just had a cherry bomb fitted to it. I live on a corner opposite a cul-de-sac so the road is kind of a Y shape. He's coming along and meets his girlfriends mum who drives a mid 90s Fiesta in the middle so he revs his car, showing off his new exhaust before driving up and round the cul-de-sac and pulling up to rev is again.

As he gets out the car I decided to fire up the Mustang, V8 with 2 cherry bombs. Her certainly heard that :P

• Like 1

Â