What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

jeesh

way to hold a grudge from before you were born

(best not mention my big black Mercedes has one of those stand up star badges on the bonnet)

Yes, maybe I should let the Nazis off, it's been a few years since that who business :rolleyes:

Anyway.

Mercedes vs. Jaguar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi08c_siQys

It's one of the reasons I would never have one.

Is this reserved for VW or does it extend beyond them ? I.e have you ever owned anything connected with IBM , every used a kodak product or even Ford for that matter

Oops oh well at least you can remove your objections for buying VW now ...

On the subject of cars

Following being rear ended by a woman driver the other week ( mrs sorry I wasn't looking at the road ) I've been lent a BMW 5 series ( you have to hand it to those Nazi's they built some decent cars ) whilst mine is repaired....

Smooth ride and decent engineering but just no fun to drive , I'd had a couple of 328's over the years and they were always reasonably fun to drive but this 5 series is the size of a panzer tank and I really don't like it ... Thankfully I get mine back by the end of the week

Edited by tonyh29

I'm in the market for a VW Scirocco. I've already dipped my toe in the antisemitic market with a Ford Fiesta as well as a nice Fascist combo of a Fiat Punto and Alfa MTO (didn't actually own the Alfa). Is there any more companies with far fight roots that I should consider?

• Like 2

Never used Kodak products and neither IBM or Ford were founded by Nazis.

Oops, try harder next time Tony.

So you have used an IBM and a Ford ... shame on you and your hypocrisy :)

I bet your car even has Goodyear tyres the tyre of choice as endorsed by the ANC :)

Never used Kodak products and neither IBM or Ford were founded by Nazis.

Oops, try harder next time Tony.

400px-Service_Cross_of_the_German_Eagle.

You do realize that Henry Ford was awarded the Service Cross of the German Eagle by the Nazis?

[O]nly a single great man, Ford, [who], to [the Jews'] fury, still maintains full independence...[from] the controlling masters of the producers in a nation of one hundred and twenty millions.

Speaking in 1931 to a Detroit News reporter, Hitler said he regarded Ford as his "inspiration," explaining his reason for keeping Ford's life-size portrait next to his desk. Steven Watts wrote that Hitler "revered" Ford, proclaiming that "I shall do my best to put his theories into practice in Germany," and modeling the Volkswagen, the people's car, on the Model T.

• Like 2

Anyway, back to car chat and not insane attack/defence of brands based on ancient history.

My car (Golf mkV) just ticked over to 150k miles!

And almost simultaneously, the ABS light came on :(

Not quite sure what that means yet but I'm guessing it'll cost me a wad.

I'm quite anti VW these days due to some shockingly fraudulent customer service I was at the wrong end of.

But anybody that doesn't rate the Lupo GTI clearly hasn't driven one. 

It may well drive brilliantly.

But part of what I like about cars is how they look. And Lupos look hilarious.

Even if it's done up/lowered/blinged whatever. I'd argue that would make it look worse.

If Ford made a KA that was the best drive I've ever experienced, I still wouldn't want the thing because it would be Fugly.

I'm quite anti VW these days due to some shockingly fraudulent customer service I was at the wrong end of.

But anybody that doesn't rate the Lupo GTI clearly hasn't driven one.

It may well drive brilliantly.

But part of what I like about cars is how they look. And Lupos look hilarious.

Even if it's done up/lowered/blinged whatever. I'd argue that would make it look worse.

If Ford made a KA that was the best drive I've ever experienced, I still wouldn't want the thing because it would be Fugly.

I'm guessing you've never seen one.

I have.

Including you're actual one I believe (you've posted it on here before)

Obviously it's all about opinions. if you like how it looks then great.

I think they look particularly silly. But that's just me.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Anyway, back to car chat and not insane attack/defence of brands based on ancient history.

My car (Golf mkV) just ticked over to 150k miles!

And almost simultaneously, the ABS light came on :(

Not quite sure what that means yet but I'm guessing it'll cost me a wad.

Who makes the Golf mkV ... You didn't say for some reason :P

So, keeping the subject on cars, I may well be needing a new one soon.

Crossing my fingers that my ABS fault isn't the pump, because that would be rather expensive.

So assuming I get it fixed I'll probably get rid of the motor before it starts causing me more trouble than it's worth. Any recommendations for a new one?

I really want an A5, but they're just out of my price range, unfortunately. So might settle for an A3.

Open to suggestions

(yeah yeah, Audis driven by dickheads, blah blah)

Â