Pippa Middleton hunting pics

villaguy

I can't understand why people would want to amuse themselves by ending a creatures life. It's not just the act of shooting, but gamekeepers actively undertake the illegal practice of killing raptors such as Goshawks and Hen Harriers to keep the gamebird numbers artificially high. Lost respect for her really

• Like 1

I don't see too much of a problem with hunting Pheasants, not if they're going to be eaten further down the line anyway. They've had a better life than the chicken I ate last night, which probably also had a better life than the chicken that went into Saturday night's takeaway. The act of posing with a defenseless animal that you've just killed with a shotgun does lacks class though, plus there's the added issue of gamekeepers killing raptors etc.

I'm thinking the thread title and the thread content don't really match up. Perhaps a 'Hunting debate' title with reference to her recent pics?

I don't see too much of a problem with hunting Pheasants, not if they're going to be eaten further down the line anyway. They've had a better life than the chicken I ate last night, which probably also had a better life than the chicken that went into Saturday night's takeaway. The act of posing with a defenseless animal that you've just killed with a shotgun does lacks class though, plus there's the added issue of gamekeepers killing raptors etc.

Yeah I agree with you, it's not the hunting of pheasants that upsets me, after all that's why they were introduced to this country. It's the persecution of the native raptors that goes hand in hand with it 

http://www.rspb.org.uk/news/351247-hen-harrier-on-the-brink-of-extinction-in-england

Edited by villaguy

Yeah I agree with you, it's not the hunting of pheasants that upsets me, after all that's why they were introduced to this country. It's the persecution of the native raptors that goes hand in hand with it 

http://www.rspb.org.uk/news/351247-hen-harrier-on-the-brink-of-extinction-in-england

I'm not a fan of shooting. Its a **** nuisance and IMO far too easy. I can't work out where the "sport" lies in gunning down hundred of pheasants....however,

you appear to be confusing two separate issues here. "Someone involved in legal (if objectionable) activity" and "Gamekeepers doing illegal things to maximise profits"

I'm not a fan of shooting. Its a **** nuisance and IMO far too easy. I can't work out where the "sport" lies in gunning down hundred of pheasants....however,

you appear to be confusing two separate issues here. "Someone involved in legal (if objectionable) activity" and "Gamekeepers doing illegal things to maximise profits"

Well the illegal practice happens as a result of the legal one, it's not that confusing. They should be two separate issues in theory but clearly in application they aren't

Edited by villaguy

I used to be a beater for a syndicate shoot based out of my Dad's pub as a kid. Local farm workers, car salesman, solicitors, paper shop owner etc. the usual cross section you'd expect in a village pub 25 years ago. Toffs they were not.

Where it happens then killing birds of prey is obviously well out of order, but I find it quite funny the amount of townies who seem to think country sports are the preserve of posh people.

I used to be a beater for a syndicate shoot based out of my Dad's pub as a kid. Local farm workers, car salesman, solicitors, paper shop owner etc. the usual cross section you'd expect in a village pub 25 years ago. Toffs they were not.

Where it happens then killing birds of prey is obviously well out of order, but I find it quite funny the amount of townies who seem to think country sports are the preserve of posh people.

The thread is about Pippa Middleton.

Â