World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

Benzema, Kanté, Pogba, Nkunku and Kimpembe all out injured for the WC. Varane and Kounde been mostly injured for the season but in the squad. Guess we could add Kamara who might have been in the squad if not injured for so long.

All sides have injuries but France seem particularly badly hit.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Imagine the scenes if Qatar get some dubious decisions fall their way.

If?

Part of me hopes they get absolutely **** battered in every game, 5-0 and lucky to get that but I don't think that they will

Imagine if they gave England a really tight game in the second round, people would be fuming but at the same time imagine if we got them second round and beat them 8-0

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If?

Part of me hopes they get absolutely **** battered in every game, 5-0 and lucky to get that but I don't think that they will

Imagine if they gave England a really tight game in the second round, people would be fuming but at the same time imagine if we got them second round and beat them 8-0

Southgate playing a back 5 and Phillips and Henderson vs Qatar 😂😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

What exactly is David Beckham going to do with the reported £10m he’s being paid? It’ll just go in the bank with the rest.

He had absolutely no reason to do it other than greed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

What exactly is David Beckham going to do with the reported £10m he’s being paid? It’ll just go in the bank with the rest.

He had absolutely no reason to do it other than greed.

Pay off the fines his Inter Miami keeps racking up for breaching financial rules perhaps.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

still doesn't feel like a WC is starting today and england are playing tomorrow

anyone seen any flags in bedroom windows or on cars driving around? nope, nor me

Based on here where as dem said there isn't the structure and multiple threads that we've had with previous tournaments (not complaining, don't think the demand is there) other forums I use that don't even have WC threads, my social media which is very quiet and then the 3 lads groups I have on WhatsApp where no one has even asked what people are doing tomorrow (Friday night will be different) it's all very quiet

You take away the Qatar and FIFA comments in here and single out the comments on football or squads or injuries etc it must be less than 10%

One positive about this spectacle is that Qatar will likely have zero tolerance for idiots running onto the pitch during games. If ever there was a guy who deserved a public lashing on the town square it's Jimmy Jump.

Just hope any human rights or LBTQ rights protesters who are thinking of doing anything don't get in serious trouble for it.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

One positive about this spectacle is that Qatar will likely have zero tolerance for idiots running onto the pitch during games. If ever there was a guy who deserved a public lashing on the town square it's Jimmy Jump.

Just hope any human rights or LBTQ rights protesters who are thinking of doing anything don't get in serious trouble for it.

I wonder if the Just Stop Oil brigade are feeling brave?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is an interview in one of the big national papers with the fat disgusting slob Karl-Erik Nilsson who is president of the Swedish FA. He's standing outside a luxury resort in Doha with Foie gras dripping down his chin saying he was surprised that Infantino didn't show more humility in his speech but that he might still give him his vote in the upcoming election. Unlike for example Germany and Norway.

People like him is why football as we knew it is dying.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Is an interview in one of the big national papers with the fat disgusting slob Karl-Erik Nilsson who is president of the Swedish FA. He's standing outside a luxury resort in Doha with Foie gras dripping down his chin saying he was surprised that Infantino didn't show more humility in his speech but that he might still give him his vote in the upcoming election. Unlike for example Germany and Norway.

People like him is why football as we knew it is dying.

That's exactly what this world cup is!

Even those who aren't getting dollar bills in a brown envelope will still be getting tens of thousands thrown at them in the next month and they will class it all as above board

• Like 2

Dear God, imagine travelling out there to stay in this.

World Cup 2022: Inside Qatar's £175-a-night fan village.

"It's like being in a greenhouse, so we weren't able to sleep past 9am even though we were exhausted because of the flight." he added.

The tents, made of thick plastic, each contain two single beds and a nightstand with a lamp. A thin layer of carpet is lumpy in places as it rests on sand and gravel. A single electric fan completes the room layout.

Inside a tent at the fan village

BBC News

• Shocked 1

Â