World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

I can't wait for this dogshit tournament to be over with.

Its done though isn't it, there's so much dirt on FIFA it's hard to imagine really buying in to a world cup proper ever again, not even the WC now either, every decision they make seems to be in favour of making money over football, the soon to be announced 128 team world cup hosted by 18 countries, FIFA, UEFA, the FA they're all rats, after the last dodgy shit tournament we move on to this dodgy shit tournamnet and then on to the tournament that's too big and brought to you by umpteen yank sponsors and then on to the next

Until they give it to England and we can all press reset obviously

On 14/11/2022 at 10:22, sne said:

These kind of token gestures are really pissing me off now. 

If you were serious about highlighting the shithole things that Qatar does then boycott it. Standing next to rainbow colored pictures is meant to be activism? Give me a break.

You are all there because money. Period. I'd have more respect for anyone who just admitted it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

These kind of token gestures are really pissing me off now. 

If you were serious about highlighting the shithole things that Qatar does then boycott it. Standing next to rainbow colored pictures is meant to be activism? Give me a break.

You are all there because money. Period. I'd have more respect for anyone who just admitted it.

What exactly are they " highlighting " or protesting? lol

What " shithole things " does Qatar do... and don't regurgitate something you've read in a rag.

You do realise that the " laws " in Qatar would apply in ANY muslim country right? I'm guessing you're all for equal rights and tolerance... this means you should also acknowledge that EVERY muslim in your country follows the same book and would have the same beliefs in principle.

99.9 percent of of people in Qatar really could not give a f*ck about who is shagging you, there are openly gay people in the country already.

The only people who really might have issues are people within prominent Qatari families who might be " shunned "

With regards to workers... i'm so tired of seeing this " 6500 workers died building stadiums " farce being headlined and regurgitated. The manipulation is sickening. 37, yes,  THIRTY SEVEN people died in stadium construction related accidents. 6500 is the TOTAL number of migrant workers who have died over 12 year.... Since 80 - 90 percent of the population are migrants... and humans die... you do the maths.

Then... go and do a google about construction related death numbers worldwide.

The very same articles which will put 6500 in bold... will hide within the actual fine print of the articles that only 37 people have died, over 12 years. they then pad it out with the other bollox to illicit emotional and uneducated rants and reactions. The same articles even point out that most of the others have died with road accidents... disease and other reasons. 

If workers were being tormented here, as you've been lead to believe.... why do threy keep coming? Would you like me to answer this for you?

Also... you do realise that the government aren't the ones doing the construction right? Most of the construction work here is subcontracted out to WESTERN companies....British, American, German, Turkish etc.. They are the ones who hire the workers and are actually responsible for them... i wish people would do some actual research. Under Qatari law....most of the things people moan about are actually illegal.

I bet some of the people calling the place a hellhole adulate Dubai, for example.., who technically will share the same laws.

What's hilarious is that the people most riled up about this seem to be the British... with an innate bitterness about losing the bid themselves.

I suggest people stop displaying their ignorance and go and do some ACTUAL research of their own. OR even ask expats of your own nationality who live in the country and region.

The intensifying of the smear campaign in the British rags has been quite disheartening to expats living here.... so much straight up fake news.

The last BS they printed is that fans were being " paid " to celebrate "in the streets 🤣. The stories get better ever day.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What exactly are they " highlighting " or protesting? lol

What " shithole things " does Qatar do... and don't regurgitate something you've read in a rag.

You do realise that the " laws " in Qatar would apply in ANY muslim country right? I'm guessing you're all for equal rights and tolerance... this means you should also acknowledge that EVERY muslim in your country follows the same book and would have the same beliefs in principle.

99.9 percent of of people in Qatar really could not give a f*ck about who is shagging you, there are openly gay people in the country already.

The only people who really might have issues are people within prominent Qatari families who might be " shunned "

With regards to workers... i'm so tired of seeing this " 6500 workers died building stadiums " farce being headlined and regurgitated. The manipulation is sickening. 37, yes,  THIRTY SEVEN people died in stadium construction related accidents. 6500 is the TOTAL number of migrant workers who have died over 12 year.... Since 80 - 90 percent of the population are migrants... and humans die... you do the maths.

Then... go and do a google about construction related death numbers worldwide.

The very same articles which will put 6500 in bold... will hide within the actual fine print of the articles that only 37 people have died, over 12 years. they then pad it out with the other bollox to illicit emotional and uneducated rants and reactions. The same articles even point out that most of the others have died with road accidents... disease and other reasons. 

If workers were being tormented here, as you've been lead to believe.... why do threy keep coming? Would you like me to answer this for you?

Also... you do realise that the government aren't the ones doing the construction right? Most of the construction work here is subcontracted out to WESTERN countries....British, American, German, Turkish etc.. They are the ones who hire the workers and are actually responsible for them... i wish people would do some actual research. Under Qatari law....most of the things people moan about are actually illegal.

I bet some of the people calling the place a hellhole adulate Dubai, for example.., who technically will share the same laws.

What's hilarious is that the people most riled up about this seem to be the British... with an innate bitterness about losing the bid themselves.

I suggest people stop displaying their ignorance and go and do some ACTUAL research of their own. OR even ask expats of your own nationality who live in the country and region.

The intensifying of the smear campaign in the British rags has been quite disheartening to expats living here.... so much straight up fake news.

The last BS they printed is that fans were being " paid " to celebrate "in the streets 🤣. The stories get better ever day.

Where did you get 37 from? The number I'd seen was a lot lower and actually comparable to UK construction deaths but 37 across 8 stadiums is high

Wembley had 1, steelworker on the roof

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Where did you get 37 from? The number I'd seen was a lot lower and actually comparable to UK construction deaths but 37 across 8 stadiums is high

Wembley had 1, steelworker on the roof

Possibly the TOTAL number of Contruction related deaths... not just at stadiums.

Bare in mind... they've basically built half a city in a decade at a rapid pace.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The1 last BS they printed is that fans were being " paid " to celebrate "in the streets 🤣. The stories get better ever day.

They might not be fans or being paid but they do exist, there's plenty of video footage of them

And whatever they are they're weird

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Possibly the TOTAL number of Contruction related deaths... not just at stadiums.

Bare in mind... they've basically built half a city in a decade at a rapid pace.

Probably about right

Said many times the construction deaths are bigger than FIFA, its a geo politics issue than other governing bodies should be taking interest in

But like you say yourself they've built half a city... How did FIFA possibly think that was a good idea? Like the Spanish guy who was the technical bid assessor on the fifa doc said it was a really weak bid, the assessors knew it but the execs that voted didn't care and possibly didn't even read the technical report

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess someone is getting free tickets to the WC 😀

If that is referenced towards me... I actually don't have any tickets yet.... I am hosting and transporting about 50 fans though.. from the UK, US, South America etc. So will be too busy for the most part to actually attend any games, until probably quarters and semis.

I reckon alot of people are going to feel pretty stupid when they get here and realise the place is nothing like some have been duped into believing.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If that is referenced towards me... I actually don't have any tickets yet.... I am hosting and transporting about 50 fans though.. from the UK, US, South America etc. So will be too busy for the most part to actually attend any games, until probably quarters and semis.

I reckon alot of people are going to feel pretty stupid when they get here and realise the place is nothing like some have been duped into believing.

Surely you recognise why Qatar has the world cup though?

They bought it off a corrupt fifa

The anger and hatred now aimed at the country and the people is largely an extension of that

People hate this world cup with a passion

Edit - and it would be interesting to revisit the Russian world cup build up too, people hated that one as well and that spilled over to being judgemental of the country and the people, I'm not so sure minds have changed 4 years later

Edited by villa4europe

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Try telling that to beer loving drag queens.

• Haha 2

Just now, Jareth said:

Try telling that to beer loving drag queens.

To be totally honest... they already exist.... There are alot of gay and cross dressing Filipinos here who you can regularly find in certain clubs.

Don't ask me how I know this though... 🤣

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

They would lose the World Cup contract going forward and probably face a law suit

RTE in Ireland show the Womens World Cup and Confederations Cup for similar reasons when everybody knows they dont care

I know nothing of the legal position of a national broadcaster choosing not to broadcast a world cup. I tell you what the BBC could do, a bit of journalism and find out the personal details of all those killed while constructing the infrastructure, and highlight there cases before every match, they could also highlight the cases of discrimination against minorities. It would be a damn sight better than wearing coloured laces or armbands.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I imagine most people won't be bothered in going. Kinda natural since its this time a year.

31 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I tell you what the BBC could do, a bit of journalism and find out the personal details of all those killed while constructing the infrastructure, and highlight there cases before every match, they could also highlight the cases of discrimination against minorities. It would be a damn sight better than wearing coloured laces or armbands.

They did. Yesterday on the main BBC news they had a story about a worker from Nepal who died while constructing the stadium. They followed his story from Nepal to why he decided to come to Qatar, pictures of him in Qatar, interviews with his friends in Qatar and then the sad aftermath for his family in Nepal.

Â