The 99 Club

Ulver

According to WM this evening, in the 99 premiership games our midfielders (Westwood, Delph, KEA, Sylla, Bacuna, Tonev, Gardner) have played in collectively, they've scored ONE league goal between them. And that was KEA in the 4-1 defeat against Everton

Discuss that woeful stat.

to be fair, it doesnt really matter what the league is called due to unnecessary 'make the FA fatcats richer' sponsorship, thats a pityful statistic, and to add, its not like they contribute the other end of the field by help preventing to concede goals, because were doing that almost every game

dont get me wrong, i rate westwood and im starting to rate delph more, however i think people on this forum rate the too much, which offers little discussion as people on here start getting nasty

Edited by AndyBM

WM's football coverage is the very definition of a waste of space.

It's a well known fact that Paul Franks is a Wolves fan, but the way he constantly attacks the club, rightly or wrongly, is absolutely nauseating.

• Like 1

It's a well known fact that Paul Franks is a Wolves fan, but the way he constantly attacks the club, rightly or wrongly, is absolutely nauseating.

Haha! Is it such a well known fact?

Actually he is a Baggies fan! :-)

But a clearing in the woods either way!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

Haha! Is it such a well known fact?

Actually he is a Baggies fan! :-)

But a clearing in the woods either way!

wasn't far off, was I?  :D

We play with 3 forwards and they do score goals so the onus is not on the midfield 3 to score. It is fairly rare that we are held to nil goals these days.

Our problem is the lack of clean sheets. No team can survive if it has to score 2 or even 3 goals a game to get a win.

Well the onus should be on the midfield chipping in. The fact they don't must be a major reason for our appalling GF/GA ratio. I'm sure some statto out there may be able to tell us if there is a less productive midfield in the entire country ?

I can't believe anyone honestly doesn't think it's a MAJOR problem.

Think ahead 9 months and how it's going to be without Benteke!

It says a lot when Lowton has outscored the whole of our midfield on his own, and that Luna has equaled their record after 4 league appearances

Well the onus should be on the midfield chipping in. The fact they don't must be a major reason for our appalling GF/GA ratio. I'm sure some statto out there may be able to tell us if there is a less productive midfield in the entire country ?

I can't believe anyone honestly doesn't think it's a MAJOR problem.

Think ahead 9 months and how it's going to be without Benteke!

It says a lot when Lowton has outscored the whole of our midfield on his own, and that Luna has equaled their record after 4 league appearances

It doesn't matter who is scoring the goals, just that we are scoring them.

The problem lies at the other end.

Not really. Benteke is our only consistent scorer/creator. Agbonlahor has good patches and Weimann is struggling a bit. So we need the midfielders to chip in a bit too. No one is expecting one of them to score 10+ but half a dozen would be nice.

When playing a 433 with 3 attackers, it's more difficult for your midfielders to get into goalscoring positions because there aren't wingers to cover/ be able to run back to defend. Can you imagine one of our midfielders getting forward, with 3 forwards around them.. And the defence completely exposed, having just 2 central midfielders in front of them?

If we lost the ball and the opposition scored from a counter attack, VT would be up in arms about it.

Â