AndyClarke

Having a jolly good time in the FA Cup!! Quite happy that every game is an away game too, as that means my tactics are much more efficient and I'm raking in the money.

Im0z4tz.png

That's incredible!

What are you doing away from home to get that going?

Having a jolly good time in the FA Cup!! Quite happy that every game is an away game too, as that means my tactics are much more efficient and I'm raking in the money.

That's incredible!

What are you doing away from home to get that going?

I don't know if it's one thing or the other, but I made a tactic that is just awesome on this patch and it has propelled me up the leagues. It's better away from home for my Forest Green side for some reason. Believe it or not I started all those games with a control strategy :)

Also, I use media trickery taking away pressure from my team and trying to get the other side to be complacent, and then I said the same things in match talks in all those games. Whatever I'm doing seems to work. I made it all the way to the final, but lost to a rampant Spurs. Next season I made it to the semis but were beaten by Man Utd.

If anyone wants to play this casually, the handheld version might be worth a go.

I'm slowly getting addicted to it. it's wayyyyy simpler than the full game and, to be honest, seems to be quite a lot easier too (unless I've just stumbled across a good tactic as I'm second in the league with Wycombe and my objective was to "avoid relegation")

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it, and it's much simpler. Way easier to just pick up, bash out 3 or 4 games and put down again.

Benteke and Helenius up top together = GOALS

Playing Helenius as AMC Playmaker behind either Benteke or Kozak. Always seems to have a good game.

Just got into the Europa League in 1st season with Villa despite coming 11th, through the fair play league.

I've been labelled the mastermind behind the qualification and the name on everyone's lips :lol:

Won the League Cup in my first season to qualify for Europa, then went on an amazing 10 game run to finish 7th. At the team meeting at the start of the new season, I said we are aiming for mid-table finish. The entire team is upset and stressed because I'm being too ambitious. What?!

Benteke has put in 2 transfer requests which I accepted. No one is interested. Personally want him to go now aswell. Kozak is far more important to my team setup than Benteke. 

If anyone wants to play this casually, the handheld version might be worth a go.

I'm slowly getting addicted to it. it's wayyyyy simpler than the full game and, to be honest, seems to be quite a lot easier too (unless I've just stumbled across a good tactic as I'm second in the league with Wycombe and my objective was to "avoid relegation")

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it, and it's much simpler. Way easier to just pick up, bash out 3 or 4 games and put down again.

I always find that with league 2/conference teams you can get almost any team into the playoffs first season, probably because there isn't much between the top and bottom teams and as long as you use your players right you've got a good chance.

Find pacey wingers who work hard and you're sorted, they need literally no other attributes and they'll get around 10-15 goals + the same assists.

Cheers for the tips.

I won't make the playoffs. Started the season phenomenally well for a team tipped for relegation. Sat in second for a while.

But then went on one of those FM runs where you just can't win. No matter what I did I couldn't get a string of results together.

To be honest I haven't been playing it seriously, just 20 minutes here and there so it's a bit difficult to scout players properly. TO be honest all I've really been doing is seeing where my weaknesses are and scouting the players my assistant suggests, and buying/loaning the best one.

Will take your tips on board.

Started a new Villa save using the unofficial update.

Just lost 4-0 at home to Palace...

They had 3 shots on target, 4 overall, with an OG where Vlaar walked up to my goal line from 25 yards out, turned around and booted it into Guzan's back  :bang:  I also had 27 shots myself, with about 15 on target, no surprise Speroni played like he was better than Banks.

Sometimes this game just pisses me off...

I struggle to know where to start with Villa. I keep starting again with various different teams but always seem to return to Villa. With such a limited budget, everyone is too expensive. I rely on plug and play tactics too much and when they don't work, I get annoyed. Am I the only one?

Â