Ian Holloway

Pongotastic

He is a word removed regardless of his comments about our club. I said before I hate these people the media bill up as "funny" and "characters" when they really are word removed. Id add Jimmy Bullard as another one and some would even include Robbie Savage on these lists

• Like 1

Got sick of him very quickly when he was in the prem so I actually saw him regularly.

And that was before anything to do with our club, before anyone says.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/Crawley-Town-fan-s-4-match-ban-abuse-Crystal/story-19582993-detail/story.html#axzz2aRDTsR1v

Confirms everything I always thought about the bloke. Can't see why people see him as some sort of media darling/national managerial treasure.

The story is about Holloway getting abuse and the abuser receiving a ban.

You have used that to have a go at the victim of the abuse because you already have a grudge against the guy.

Better article here.

If Olly had any decency he'd take back the complaint and have the fan unbanned if he really was just having a bad week.

Fan is banned for 'winding up' Crystal Palace boss

A football club’s number one fan has been banished from the stands for “mercilessly winding up” a Premier League manager.

Crawley Town fanatic Paul Prendergast spent most of Saturday’s friendly against Crystal Palace taunting opposition boss Ian Holloway from his seat just yards from the touchline.

But after Palace lost 3-0 to the lower league club, a furious Holloway complained to Crawley,which has now banned Mr Prendergast for four home games.

Yesterday Mr Prendergast resigned his position as chairman of the Crawley Town Supporters’ Alliance, saying it would “cause too many issues” for him to stay.

But fellow fans said his behaviour was “just Paul being Paul”.

Ian Townsend, spokesmanfor the Crawley Town Supporters’ Alliance, said Mr Prendergast had been banned for “pushing Holloway’s buttons”.

He said: “Paul has been sat in that same seat behind the opposition manager for the last 16 years and to be honest he does tend to wind them up mercilessly.

“On Saturday he could see that Ian Holloway was getting hot under the collar when Palace started losing so he started making some observations about the quality of their team.

“Some other fans might have been ribbing Holloway about his West Country accent but that wasn’t Paul.

“The problem was that he worked out which button to press, pushed it and then wouldn’t remove his finger - until it all went wrong.”

Mr Holloway withstood Mr Prendergast’s taunts for most of the match until Crawley’s third goal went in, when he finally snapped.

According to fans, the manager whipped round to face his tormentor and yelled “Why don’t you shut up?”

When the final whistle blew, the enraged Palace boss marched straight to the stewards and demanded that Mr Prendergast be punished.

A spokesman for Crawley Town said: “Ian Holloway made the complaint and the club followed it up.

“He wasn’t happy and it was noted by the stewards and the head of security. Mr Prendergast was spoken to and subsequently banned for four games.

“We had a duty to act to preserve the integrity of the club.”

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/Crawley-Town-fan-s-4-match-ban-abuse-Crystal/story-19582993-detail/story.html#axzz2aRDTsR1v

Confirms everything I always thought about the bloke. Can't see why people see him as some sort of media darling/national managerial treasure.

The story is about Holloway getting abuse and the abuser receiving a ban.

You have used that to have a go at the victim of the abuse because you already have a grudge against the guy.

This bloke sits behind the dug out for every game and no one else has complained. Whilst there is a line that you don't cross, there is nothing to suggest that this was anything more than a bit of banter.

If he can't take it he shouldn't be in football management.

The fan sounds like a clearing in the woods as well though.

As I've said elsewhere (unrelated to football)

If your actions have to be explained by "That's just the way he is" (or in this case "it's just Paul being Paul") then chances are, you're a word removed.

There was no swearing though. Basically it sounds like Olly took offence to having his tactics constructively ripped to shreds and maybe being told he hasn't got a clue. If you can't take that as a football manager then GTFO.

It's like Balotelli. Most of the time Olly is good mental but sometimes he's bad mental. The only constant is that he's mental and they're a combustible lot. I'd say if he'd done that to di Canio while Sunderland got taken apart, it'd have ended up in fisticuffs between the 2 of them as PdC would've jumped into the stands :)

In fairness he's not bad at getting teams promoted into the PL. Purely as a football manager his stock is high. And he is box office in the sense that he's usually worth listening to for better or worse. That's the 'good mental'. But this new inability to take stick from a rival fan just shows there's a bit of a bellend in there too.

I don't buy that. If he is taking over a side in the first place at that end of the table, then there must be something wrong; some disquiet; within it. Look at 'arry who; despite peoples' opinions of the man; many or most people were quite worried would saunter out of the relegation zone with that QPR squad. He arguably made them worse. The fact of the matter is that it's incredibly difficult to rectify a sinking ship when the holes are already in the hull (wait, that might be a pun, we'll see ;)). Plus I'd much rather go up then down than not go up at all. That Palace side had no right to win either of their playoff ties yet they won both. I'm all for calling him a bit of a knob, but when his management is questioned I just see that as people losing perspective and not knowing when to give credit where it's due.

Jumped up carrot munching, slap-headed, straw-brained, Wurzel-goblin See You Next Tuesday.

The sooner Hollowhead is back out the Premier League the better.

Oh him and Di Canio too. Both utter tools who's "mental-ness" seems to bewitch their own fans despite them both being horrible clearings in the woods of the highest order.

Moving swiftly on...

The fan sounds like a clearing in the woods as well though.

As I've said elsewhere (unrelated to football)

If your actions have to be explained by "That's just the way he is" (or in this case "it's just Paul being Paul") then chances are, you're a word removed.

yep, he sounds like a bloke that gets described as a "character"

Â