Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Unlike Liverpool then, she really did try to close and destroy this part of the world.

In my formative years that mad cow tried to close down this town and those around it. That vindictive psycho witch made me the mild mannered centrist dad I am today. This place was a true dystopian wonderland under those tory years. A town of factory workers and dockers that export coal, a town surviving in tough times. Well that had to be stopped, can’t have those types having jobs and impacting where the purchasing power is in a country of bitter minded dried up old shopkeeper types.

The one thing I will say in her favour, she taught me my long held respect for the police. Seeing what power they thought they had once they had their uniform on, shipped in from other parts of the country so they were less accountable when wandering around in little bully gangs looking to try and create trouble. From just the constant stop and question, the hounding of people off the dock when trying to get to work, closing roads just to make life awkward, kicking over collection buckets just because they new they could. Her little bully boys given permission by a nutter egged on by a nasty party egged on by the nasty people that didn’t give a **** for society as long as they ended up better off than you. Not by their genuine toil though, just by loading the game in their favour.

Very much the Sue Ellen Braverman wing of the nasty party.

I still have a little smile now when I remember old strokey is dead.

Morning all.

I know, I was there

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

The land that Thatcher forgot (or didn’t give a shit about to be more accurate)

It is strangely full of Scottish people

Stewart’s and Lloyd’s steelworks …  the theme of a few of the songs on the awesome Steeltown album by your second favourite band :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Still feeling like shit, and now the missus is the same, so I did a covid test. Positive. 

No more than a week after having had the jab. Different variant, presumably. 

Hey ho. 

It's unlikely the jab had had time to develop a response. If it did, you probably have milder symptoms than without it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Still feeling like shit, and now the missus is the same, so I did a covid test. Positive. 

Hey ho. 

Maybe it’s the jab that caused it 😉  

On a serious note, get well soon 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Hey ho. 

I’m still feeling ropey with Covid. It’s mainly in my head, rather than typical chest/cough that you hear about.

Fuzzy brain, blocked sinuses. Like a medium to heavy cold.

Saying that, my back is aching a bit today.

Edited by Genie
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Nah, the Liverpool / Thatcher thing is utter bollocks peddled by the local Labour Party to this day. “Managed Decline” was a phrase that Geoffrey Howe proposed as solution for the Liverpool problem. Liverpool was a shithole, mass unemployment, loony left council and a huge amount of urban decay. It needed a lot of work but Thatcher didn’t agree with Howe, she decided to actually invest in the city. She appointed Hestletine as “Minister for Merseyside”, it was awarded the inaugural Garden Festival, they renovated the Albert Dock, they built Wavertree technology Park, the latter two of which are still a huge part of the Liverpool success story to this day.

I hate her with a passion, she was an evil cow but Liverpool (won’t agree with this) owe Thatcher for its renaissance. The evidence is there to this day.

gorila-gorilla.gif

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bickster said:

You've clearly never been to Merthyr Tydfil. It had(s) two of the most deprived Estates in the whole of Europe. The Gurnos and the Swansea Rd estates. Absolute shitholes in the 80s and still are to this day. 

Hahaha. I was literally about to mention Merthyr 😂😂

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Never been to Merthyr but I’ve heard about it being very rundown. 

Even the former nightclub where they grow drugs is rundown and decrepit 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, got some. That and a LemSip last thing at night seems to help a bit. 

I’m going with nasal spray morning and before bed, and some painkillers and it’s keeping it at bay.

Back to work (WFH) on Monday after 2 weeks off so I could do with being able to think clearly by then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Fixed that for you 😛

Wales isn't depressing. It's one of the most spectacularly beautiful places on earth. 

Ripe for ethnic cleansing, mind. 

(Only kidding, lads...) 

Â