Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'd love to critise my boss in public, but I can't

tumblr_mopi05Bhrx1rqoi7no1_400.jpg

Ok, I can understand the mindset with that one :) Although could you not do it in a constructive way?

I should have been more specific, it annoys me in situations where there's no need to criticise and the person seems annoyed that they can't criticise because they appear to be of a mindset where their enjoyment or first thought is to criticise and are slightly annoyed they can't.

If it's a prefix or in place of a compliment for example.

"I'd love to criticise your plums but I can't"

Well why would you love to criticise Mr or Miss Made-up? Why can't you just say you like the plums and be happy being nice?

The word 'criticise' also annoys me because I'm unsure of the spelling.

People who say "I'm not rude, I'm just honest"

No, that's being rude you silly word removed.

Yeah I think that's the type of person who would say the type of "I'd love to criticise, but I can't" that I was trying to convey a few posts ago, stirrer types that love a bit of feigning ignorance to the harshness and intentions of their words.

People who say "to be honest", what the hell does that mean exactly? The rest of the time you are being dishonest?

Or people who say "know what I mean" in response to you saying something.

And they'd say those too.

Oh and celery.

tumblr_mk2vdoe60b1r8hiu2o1_500.jpg

:D

Yeah I think that's the type of person who would say the type of "I'd love to criticise, but I can't" that I was trying to convey a few posts ago, stirrer types that love a bit of feigning ignorance to the harshness and intentions of their words.

Mmmm. Perhaps. But criticising a man's plums is pretty harsh.

• Like 1

Yeah, this winds me up. People that say, 'I just say it as it is' and say it proudly like that's a good thing.

Sometimes in life you need a bit of tact.

• Like 1

People who think the brutal truth is rude

Ok then: Test case:

What if someone said "Jeez Bickster you have small plums."

Truth(assuming it were the truth :))......or Rudeness?

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

People who think the brutal truth is rude

Ok then: Test case:

What if someone said "Jeez Bickster you have small plums."

Truth......or Rudeness.

I'd sue them for trespassing my allotment

• Like 3

But in all seriousness. It really wouldn't bother me. The size of my plums isn't important

Do they function ? yes

Is size important? no

But the all important question is, who initiated said conversation about plums? If it was me then it's not rude, if it was the other person it's rude as its none of his business, not rude because of the opinion expressed

:lol:

I think there's a difference. When my misses asks me if a piece of clothing or something looks nice, I'll tell her if I think it it's horrible. That way, she'll know I'm telling the truth when I tell her she looks fantastic.

But, "Your daughter doesn't half look like a **** minger in that wedding dress" is just rude, no matter how honest.

• Like 2

"Your daughter doesn't half look like a **** minger in that wedding dress" is just rude, no matter how honest.

Especially if you add "I'm glad I had her before she put the weight on."

"...and even then she was s**t"

• Like 1

"Your daughter doesn't half look like a **** minger in that wedding dress" is just rude, no matter how honest.

Especially if you add "I'm glad I had her before she put the weight on."

"...and even then she was s**t"

"Screamer, though."

I thought Glastonbury was this weekend. Got mixed up with the hippies going to Stonehenge. Was looking forward to watching it.

I'm taking the kids to Longleat tomorrow and go right past Stonehenge so was going to do a whistle stop on the way  .... now I know it's full of hippies I assume traffic will be a nightmare and I'd best find another route

Â