Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Mrs E stated she should start accepting visitors on a quid pro quo basis in future.... Shocked

I have no idea what this means.

Future visits to said orafice will only be accepted following a similar visit by her to mine.

What are your thoughts? Yay or nay?

Edit: Sorry MODS and Co, but I'd rather talk about Eames getting the rod from his missus than the state of AVFC at the moment.

Thoughts... nervous. Let's face it, I've got total control over mine and it hurts if I poke too hard. Mrs E's Er equipment has no such control mechanism... so I may well get smashed in too oblivion. I will wait and see if sh mentions it again.

Mrs E stated she should start accepting visitors on a quid pro quo basis in future.... Shocked

I have no idea what this means.

Future visits to said orafice will only be accepted following a similar visit by her to mine.

What are your thoughts? Yay or nay?

Edit: Sorry MODS and Co, but I'd rather talk about Eames getting the rod from his missus than the state of AVFC at the moment.

Thoughts... nervous. Let's face it, I've got total control over mine and it hurts if I poke too hard. Mrs E's Er equipment has no such control mechanism... so I may well get smashed in too oblivion. I will wait and see if sh mentions it again.

What we're talking about here is a lack of double-loop feedback on said rod?

The anti apple fan boy in my office... again!

My boss has brought his new iPad in with him today. Not to show it off, just because he's using it later. I noticed, asked him when he got it.

This loser pipes up straight away

"Oh, does your new iPad have removable memory?"

Shut up you clearing in the woods. You know it doesn't, stop trying to be a clever dick.

"I'm waiting for the kindle fire, so much better value for money than an iPad"

blah blah blah.

Dick.

I work in an office full of computer programmers and they all seem to take great delight in criticising my macbook if I ever bring it to work.

It seems to bother them far more than should reasonably be expected. It's just a product that you buy in the shops ffs, but being an owner of multiple apple products seems to land you with this odd kind of identity amongst nerds.

I'm with Stevo there. Yes he's right but I'll wager he 'was right' the other 400 times aswell. There comes a point where you're just being a dickhead. There are fairly subtle ways to point out to dickheads that they're being dickheads without calling them dickheads though :)

I'm a programmer and I don't bother with all the oneupmanship crap. My only one prejudice, which I will stress remains very much unspoken (live & let live 'n all that), is about the zombie-like buying of the iPhone for no reason other than as a fashionable status symbol when there are cheaper and far superior products out there.

Going back to pads for a mo'. TBH I don't get the whole pad phenomenon no matter what the brand. What's the actual point? What do they do that a laptop doesn't do? They're not smaller or faster or cheaper or ... anything ... better than a laptop. So that's just a general [insert any brand] pad question that I have. I'm obviously missing something completely obvious about them.

It's just revenge for all the years of wanky oneupmanship by Apple nerds sneering at non-Apple stuff.

That's fair enough, I've just always struggled with this concept that a person can be defined by their choice of mass produced computer.

It doesn't seem to make a huge amount of sense.

I am only a little touchy on the subject because, as I say, the programmers I work with make a huge point of telling me how poor my macbook is. They care about the matter far more than could reasonably be expected by a sane person. It's rather odd.

Going back to pads for a mo'. TBH I don't get the whole pad phenomenon no matter what the brand. What's the actual point? What do they do that a laptop doesn't do? They're not smaller or faster or cheaper or ... anything ... better than a laptop. So that's just a general [insert any brand] pad question that I have. I'm obviously missing something completely obvious about them.

More on-screen space for every gram of weight?

I'm with Stevo there. Yes he's right but I'll wager he 'was right' the other 400 times aswell. There comes a point where you're just being a dickhead. There are fairly subtle ways to point out to dickheads that they're being dickheads without calling them dickheads though :)

Exactly.

He knows he's right, we know he's right. We knew it all the other times he ranted about them.

I'd let him off if my boss had come in and said "Oh look at my amazing new iPad, it's the bestest ever"

But he didn't. He didn't even mention it until I asked him about it.

BUt this other bloke just loves to talk about how shit Apple is.

It's fine for him to think that. We agree with him on some things. But we don't need to hear it every single time apple is mentioned in passing.

But my boss has probably shelled out what, £500 for this iPad, and the first thing this guy does is shit all over it (metaphorically speaking).

Anyway, as well as this, the guy in question is a disgusting, smelly, ugly, nose picking, wheezy, sniffling, know it all prick. So I'm not pulling any punches.

It's just revenge for all the years of wanky oneupmanship by Apple nerds sneering at non-Apple stuff.

In my personal experience, there are a HELL of a lot more anti-apple "fanboys" than there are apple fanboys.

Also, another thing that's annoyed me recently.

People who say "all one word" when giving me their email address.

"My email address is jsmith at jaguarlandrover, all one word, dot com"

Yeah, I know it's all one word. I know how the internet works, I didn't think you were like the first person ever to have a space in their email address.

Exactly.

He knows he's right, we know he's right. We knew it all the other times he ranted about them.

I'd let him off if my boss had come in and said "Oh look at my amazing new iPad, it's the bestest ever"

But he didn't. He didn't even mention it until I asked him about it.

BUt this other bloke just loves to talk about how shit Apple is.

It's fine for him to think that. We agree with him on some things. But we don't need to hear it every single time apple is mentioned in passing.

But my boss has probably shelled out what, £500 for this iPad, and the first thing this guy does is shit all over it (metaphorically speaking).

Anyway, as well as this, the guy in question is a disgusting, smelly, ugly, nose picking, wheezy, sniffling, know it all prick. So I'm not pulling any punches.

tumblr_lwoqg5Grn41r612tfo1_1280.jpg

He sounds like this guy. "I'm making shitloads from computers".

meh to all ipad haters and fanboys. I have one. It works a treat for me. Yes I can't program my cooker with it yet but hey ho. It suits me fine. As would probably a bunch of other cool techy things. I'm the same with the Nikon vs Canon fanboy banter. Who cares. They're both good.

Â