Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't know. It's possible they think it's just theatre/entertainment and they enjoy the athleticism of it in the same way you would go to the circus and watch performers. Either that or they still have the mind of a 10 year old :)

Do you think tv shows or films are real?

If you see a fight scene in a film do you watch it just for the athleticism?!

It's just like watching a soap. A soap that you can go and see live and cheer at.

People get excited and involved in the storyline for things like Eastenders or Coronation Street, but no-one thinks it's real.

I don't watch it (although I did when I was a kid) but have no problem with people who do. I just find the whole "but it's fake" argument strange.

People don't watch it as a sport. They watch it as a soap opera, whether they admit it (or realise it) or not.

People don't say "Coronation Street is shit, it's all fake!"

Fair enough if you think it's shit, it's understandable. But I've never understood people's fascination with it being "fake".

And I got sick of adults asking me if I wanted to be a train driver when I grew up.
Pff, the tracks drive the train. You just apply the velocirator and the deceleratrix.

Precisely. Good job if you don't have a family to feed.

I don't know. It's possible they think it's just theatre/entertainment and they enjoy the athleticism of it in the same way you would go to the circus and watch performers. Either that or they still have the mind of a 10 year old :)

It's just like watching a soap. A soap that you can go and see live and cheer at.

I don't watch it (although I did when I was a kid) but have no problem with people who do. I just find the whole "but it's fake" argument strange.

People don't watch it as a sport. They watch it as a soap opera, whether they admit it (or realise it) or not.

Your arguement doent convince me...it's ghey.

Soap's are based very loosly on real life and events that could happen.

When in real life have you ever seen 2 men in spandex pants have a fight in the street?

People don't watch it as a sport.
Well that's an assumption that we're discussing. I say some people do actually watch it as a sport.

When in real life have you ever seen 2 men in spandex pants have a fight in the street?

it's not an argument. If you think it's gay then fair enough. As I said it's understandable.

I just don't understand people's fascination with the fakeness. I assume it all comes from when the Wrestling industry kept up the charade that it was all real away from the ring.

When in real life have you seen people fighting with lightsabers? (or cumming at the same time, lol)

If Pro Wrestling is generally gay then MMA is just gay p0rn.

Two oily men trying to fling each other to the floor and then mount the other one.

I dont know if you seen the 2, but in MMA they actually hit each other and the blood is real.

As opposed to the jam & ketchup the wrestlers use? :lol:

Please dont tell me you think the blood on WWE is real? :lol:

You being serious or not? Im speaking of the actual claret rather than the means of producing it.

iirc it is. It's something called 'blading', wherein the wrestler uses a concealed piece of razor blade to cut themselves (always in the forehead area as this is considered the safest place).

I researched it for a short story I wrote once, and it was also shown in the movie 'The Wrestler'.

WWE/MMA are both fake in their own ways.

Yes WWE is scripted, but the bumps they take are real, the blood is real (generally caused by slicing open the forehead with a razor blade)

MMA is scripted in that you only see the fights that Dana White wants you to see so the best fighter doesn't necessarily become champion or whatever.

And you can't deny that two topless oily men rolling around the floor is anything other than a bit ghey.

I'm not an added watcher of either, but given the choice I'd rather watch the wrassling. I supose its my prefered brand of coffee.

You being serious or not? Im speaking of the actual claret rather than the means of producing it.

So are you saying its real blood?

So are you saying its real blood?

It is indeed. Just the method of extraction is artificial.

WWE/MMA are both fake in their own ways.

Yes WWE is scripted, but the bumps they take are real, the blood is real (generally caused by slicing open the forehead with a razor blade)

MMA is scripted in that you only see the fights that Dana White wants you to see so the best fighter doesn't necessarily become champion or whatever.

And you can't deny that two topless oily men rolling around the floor is anything other than a bit ghey.

No your missing the point..

MMA - 2 guys beat **** out of each other till one is ko'd or submits.

WWE - 2 blokes throw each other round a trampoline and pretend to hit each other, the winner is decided before the match and the 'fight' sequances are rehearsed beforehand.

Â