Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

there don't seem to be many builders on here, which I find strange. am I the only one.

there used to be loads of builders on here

but nobody would pay £50 for a quote

So we brought in cheaper, foreign, forum members ;)

cummin over here, dissing our german cars

there don't seem to be many builders on here, which I find strange. am I the only one.

there used to be loads of builders on here

but nobody would pay £50 for a quote

So we brought in cheaper, foreign, forum members ;)

cummin over here, dissing our german cars

rijkaard-voller.jpeg

I'm not brave enough to confront people about bad service. It terrifies me, I get flustered when they tell me what I am/aren't entitled to.

I remember buying a 32" TV which broke after 14 months.

I mentioned it here and was told to mention "trades description act", I did, and then the guy at curry's just said something which I didn't know how to react to, so I just picked up my tv and left, it's still in my house, broken :(

Are you meant to shout and moan?

I was quite young and looked even younger when I did it, maybe they thought they could get the better of me, and did.

I don't think shouting gets you very far to be honest , other than everyone thinking you are a cock

Like I say I prefer email cause you can write it with the anger and then tone it down slightly before you send it

My first email to Debenhams got the Bog standard reply my next email received a similar reply , the third one was replied by a manager saying he would take care of it and call me in the morning ... It's the dance you have to do but I'd probably have lost it in the shop if I had been in there dealing with someone who basically isn't authorised to say or do anything.

Declarations on forms/applications: most especially when filling out forms for someone else and then having to cross out and rewrite the declaration.

No, I am not becoming liable for the financial obligations of the person on whose behalf I am completing the form. Rod off.

Sky's 'ultimate weekend' of sport.

Yet the weather is so crap you can't get a continuous satellite signal.

Also I've been ill 5 days and I have no idea what on earth is wrong with me other than my gp couldn't give a shirt.

And finally we still haven't got a bathroom after 2weeks thanks to the incredible work ethic from our plumber, a feat all the more impressive when you know how small our bathroom is.

The song on apple iphone 5s commercial. It's been driving me nuts. I finally found it though. It's Smashing Pumpkins 'Jellybelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmfmUWqlSA

Go to 2:20 for the similar part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVDuaIuGB_0

The song on apple iphone 5s commercial. It's been driving me nuts. I finally found it though. It's Smashing Pumpkins 'Jellybelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmfmUWqlSA

Go to 2:20 for the similar part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVDuaIuGB_0

Nope

• Like 1

Oh wow, I see. A little bit before my time that :blush:

The Pixies were a big influence on bands like The Smashing Pumpkins, so it's no wonder that sounds similar. If you're not familiar with them, I highly recommend investigating them.

Yeah, I've listened to them a little bit in later years. Not really gone through the albums though. It's just one of those bands that I never took the time out to listen to. Think I will though.

So it's shame on Billy Corgan then, or is it a tribute to Pixies? The chords and vocal is pretty much identical, although just for that little part.

I'm a huge fan Chris. Got all their albums, and most of Frank Black's solo (including the Frank Black & The Catholics) stuff, and The Breeders etc. Seen them live three times, as well as Frank Black solo and The Breeders. 

• Like 1

Â