Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm not sold about 50p tax rate either. There is roughly £120 billion disappearing thanks to tax avoidance. I think that is a more worthy cause than jacking up taxes for the middle classes, who seem to get squeezed more and more while the very rich make off with silly amounts.

And while the very rich do that, people who work hard for a living are having their futures pulled from under their feet. I think it is only fair that said workers can strike, even if it costs little johhny a few days in school, or big johnny an inconvenient ride on a bus.

I used to get the river taxi from Waterloo to Canary wharf on strike days  ..they even did little packages where you got a glass of champagne to enjoy during the trip  and an educational commentary about the sights along the way  ... little bit slower but in the summer you kinda wished the striked more often

so do I if Ed brings back the 50p tax rate but you don't see me striking :D

You appear to be forgetting which side of the divide you find yourself on. ;)

One never forgets ones place

IMG2741a-vi.jpg

With apologies to Gareth. :)

I'm holding you responsible if Drat does his otter joke again   .....

All the good jokes about that were killed off

It was otter devastation 

IMG2741a-vi.jpg

With apologies to Gareth. :)

I'm holding you responsible if Drat does his otter joke again   .....

you were warned ....

118izr7.jpg

• Like 1

BT engineers postponing my visit but not telling me so I've took an unnecessary day of work. I'm going to cancel the rocket polishers.

Did that to my mate literally last week.

He spent the whole day off work sat in his house. Eventually rang them IP and they said

"Yeah we cancelled that"

Shit service if you ask me

you were warned ....

118izr7.jpg

It seems you haven't forgotten my rightful place, neither. :D

Edit: Take that, Katy Perry (or whoever it was).

Taking a leaf from Kim Jong Un she dies via a rocket launcher that also takes out the wall  .... so you get a whole new wall and are still second in line ... sorry to disappoint :)

BT engineers postponing my visit but not telling me so I've took an unnecessary day of work. I'm going to cancel the rocket polishers.

He spent the whole day off work sat in his house. Eventually rang them IP and they said

"Yeah we cancelled that"

I work in structured cabling, LAN's that sort of thing. The amount of times we've has to jump to the rescue for our client because BT have **** something up, or simply can't be arsed to run a line to where the customer wants it is ludicrous. They're too big for their boots and we're all too reliant upon the monopoly they have.

It's good for us financially, but it's a joke that they can get away with such shoddy service. At all levels, they're as shit as it gets.

"Yeah we cancelled that"

I work in structured cabling, LAN's that sort of thing. The amount of times we've has to jump to the rescue for our client because BT have **** something up, or simply can't be arsed to run a line to where the customer wants it is ludicrous. They're too big for their boots and we're all too reliant upon the monopoly they have.

It's good for us financially, but it's a joke that they can get away with such shoddy service. At all levels, they're as shit as it gets.

Bear in mind I first ordered this phone line on December 12th.  Apparently the wiring or something wasn't done so visit was put back to 6th of Jan which was cancelled and rescheduled for today.  Waited in all day and phoned after the 1pm cut off time and I was told there is still an issue and it has been rescheduled for 24th.  Thanks for the warning.  I asked to cancel it then got put on hold for 10 minutes so I hung up.  Going to **** BT off now and just get a Sky phone line.

"Yeah we cancelled that"

Bear in mind I first ordered this phone line on December 12th. Apparently the wiring or something wasn't done so visit was put back to 6th of Jan which was cancelled and rescheduled for today. Waited in all day and phoned after the 1pm cut off time and I was told there is still an issue and it has been rescheduled for 24th. Thanks for the warning. I asked to cancel it then got put on hold for 10 minutes so I hung up. Going to **** BT off now and just get a Sky phone line.

Doesn't Sky still require a BT installed line?

Do you not have an existing phone line at all I take it?

"Yeah we cancelled that"

Bear in mind I first ordered this phone line on December 12th. Apparently the wiring or something wasn't done so visit was put back to 6th of Jan which was cancelled and rescheduled for today. Waited in all day and phoned after the 1pm cut off time and I was told there is still an issue and it has been rescheduled for 24th. Thanks for the warning. I asked to cancel it then got put on hold for 10 minutes so I hung up. Going to **** BT off now and just get a Sky phone line.

Doesn't Sky still require a BT installed line?

Do you not have an existing phone line at all I take it?

No it's a brand new flat.  I don't know, I thought Sky offered a phone service these days.  I may be wrong.

Prompted by someone on here - and apologies for not remembering who - I spoke to Sky earlier today re my package (oooo errrrrr missus).

Basically I have the lot in terms of TV, Broadband and Phone etc (take that Murdoch ...................... oops)

Anyway I asked them about upgrading the broadband to this so called fibre stuff and the initial ugg said it would cost me more. "Oh no dear fellow" said I "me thinks that it wont cost me more, because I probably can get the same price at least from those fine fellows at BT". I think he was a bit taken aback by my Tony the Otter type of talking and said let me put you through to the chap who can help.

Bottom line is now I have the high speed broadband connection and all the other things and I pay less than I did :-)

I know how these things work which is basically they have these deals ready to go anyway so you aint screwing them, the way they look at it is if people chose to pay the full price etc then its a win for them, offer the moaning bugger like me a few quid off which is in fact their real price anyway and they have a happy customer and BT etc haven't won. But now I shall be able to run my video conferencing without the Normal Collier effect confusing customers in Japan

• Like 1

snip:

No it's a brand new flat.  I don't know, I thought Sky offered a phone service these days.  I may be wrong.

Basically Sky "piggy back" on BT's network - ultimately the BT exchanges will be carrying the traffic etc, that's how the BT boys at Harmondsworth and Ipswich explained it to me recently.

Â