15 year old stabbed to death in Yardley.

The_Rev

I have just moved here, and I have been told it is getting better because of the big crackdown on the gangs in the North.

where in birmingham have you moved to?

Edgbaston, opposite five ways station.

That area has recently been done up I think

All too much of a regular occurrence now, I'm afraid that it will only continue to get worse too. Very sad.

time to move out of birmingham i think. This isnt a place that i want my family to grow up in..... like you said, its only going to get worse.

Don't be so effin ridiculous. Its not that bad at all, there are good and bad places in every major city. You don't read the daily mail by any chance do you?

Behave. Obviously you get crime everywhere in every city. But moving to somewhere like Devon will reduce the possibilities of bumping into tools like yourself

LOL! That may be true but that murderous, ugly hag Tracey Andrews moved down there after getting released. Was working as a barmaid or something so you'd need to be careful on the pull down there. You might get stabbed, corkscrewed, magnifying glassed, sawn, screwdrivered and have bits picked out of the soles of your trainers before she pops the top off a beer and watches you bleed to death.

Social Media definitely makes people more aware of what is going in. You get parents now afraid to let their kids play out because of the dangers but in reality there was more chance of getting abducted and bummed to death by a paedophile in the 70's or 80's! 

Having said that, had to drive through a few Birmingham areas (Small Heath, Bordesley Green, Yardley, Stetchford and Kitts Green) yesterday and it reminded me how run down and rough some of those areas are. 

I live less than a minute from where this happened and it is definately an isolated incident (as horrific as it may be)

Yardley is quite a nice area.. made even better than the weatherspoons pub that opened last year that resulted in the Yew Tree pub closing. (the Weatherspoons has bouncers)

the shooting in Sheldon was a case of mistaken identity and I have friends who knew the victim very very well.

as other have said, you get good and bad in every area, it is a shame that in the last few months 2 innocent lives have been taken and families ruined.

I'm sorry but having gone to school down the road from Yardley in Acocks Green, and also worked for a year in Yardley, there is absolutely no way it's 'quite a nice area'. It's chavvy, the pubs are rough and I've seen rats running out of people's front gardens.

I live less than a minute from where this happened and it is definately an isolated incident (as horrific as it may be)

Yardley is quite a nice area.. made even better than the weatherspoons pub that opened last year that resulted in the Yew Tree pub closing. (the Weatherspoons has bouncers)

the shooting in Sheldon was a case of mistaken identity and I have friends who knew the victim very very well.

as other have said, you get good and bad in every area, it is a shame that in the last few months 2 innocent lives have been taken and families ruined.

I'm sorry but having gone to school down the road from Yardley in Acocks Green, and also worked for a year in Yardley, there is absolutely no way it's 'quite a nice area'. It's chavvy, the pubs are rough and I've seen rats running out of people's front gardens.

I grew up in Yardley, it does have its good and bad parts, but it is a nice area.

Acocks Green on the other hand!! Gospel lane alone is worse than all the bad parts of Yardley... I lived in Pollard Road for 5 years and could not wait to get out of there.

the first week I moved in I was filling a skip and from the time it took to go upstairs to get some stuff to put in the skip and back downstairs some kids had set the skip on fire!

lets not have a competition of whose shit area is better or worse,,, ive got a cousin who lives in Alum Rock. :)

Crime rates in major western cities are at historical low levels but fear of crime remains high.

I wonder what is feeding that?

Coincidentally the economist pops up this week with a lead article about the falling crime trend.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21582004-crime-plunging-rich-world-keep-it-down-governments-should-focus-prevention-not

My favourite theory is that bored street rats are often on their X-box or the Internet rather than roaming the streets as much.

That and that TVs and sterios are not worth steeling any more now they are made cheep in China.

I grew up in Yardley. The park where this happened was my local park and I've played football over there literally thousands of times over the last 20 years. Yardley used to be a really nice area but over the last 5-10 years it has gone downhill big time. The problem is, a lot of houses are still council houses and they will move any Tom, Dick & Harry riff raff in! Happy memories of growing up in Yardley but I'm so glad I don't live round there anymore! 

Too much of a knife culture in this country. I don't know whether its the media but it seems to have got worse over the years.

I was just thinking about how it's gotten much better in the time I've been in this country. I remember when I first moved here nearly 8 years ago the street near me in Hackney was called 'murder mile' and there were stories on the news about gang kids stabbing each other every few weeks.

Now Hackney is uber trendy and you can go a few months without hearing a story about a kid being killed.

Edited by LondonLax

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread.   I live in Yardley (although I didn't grow up here).  It used to be quite nice, and it mostly still is, quite pleasant - apart from some areas.   However, it is definitely going downhill . I live in an Edwardian Terraced House in quite a nice road -  but next door but one to me is a house that was bought about two/three years ago by a "Landlord" who converted it to individual "rooms" and the lowlife that rent these rooms have to be seen to be believed.  I am sure there is drug dealing going on regularly.   The landlord doesn't care one jot - as long as he gets his rent (which I am sure is paid by DSS)  - the turnover of Tenants is remarkable too - no-one seems to stay too long.   It has really ruined my stretch of road.   The police are often called out to the house too.    I think my own house is quite nice as I have spent quite a lot making it so, and the majority of homeowners by me are decent, hardworking people who also care about their homes - but I seriously wonder whether it's worth bothering to do mine up any more!!  I too harbour dreams of moving to Devon or somewhere by the sea.       

It really hasn't got worse. 

Knife crime in Bham & the UK at its lowest for years and falling.

Gun crime in Bham & the UK falling to its lowest levels in years.

Crime in general in Bham, the UK & the western world falling to its lowest levels in 50 years.

just pure scaremongering is all it is.

Â