15 year old stabbed to death in Yardley.

The_Rev

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/yardley-stabbing-murder-probe-launched-5106487

Not a particularly pleasant story, seems some kids were having a disagreement in Oaklands Red down by Swan Island and it's cost one of them their life.  Four teenagers (aged 15, 16, 16 & 17) have been taken in for questioning by the police.  

I worked a mile or so down the road from there for seven years and it never struck me as a particularly bad area. 

All too much of a regular occurrence now, I'm afraid that it will only continue to get worse too. Very sad.

time to move out of birmingham i think. This isnt a place that i want my family to grow up in..... like you said, its only going to get worse.

I actually felt safer than I've ever done when I popped back last week.

Although I do have an awesome beard going on at the moment.

Guaranteed safety measure, a bit of beardage :mrgreen:

I actually felt safer than I've ever done when I popped back last week.

Although I do have an awesome beard going on at the moment.

You say that, but this is your view out the window in Instanbul :lol:

41fb94de0d59435ef5e9147f49b52212.jpg

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

All too much of a regular occurrence now, I'm afraid that it will only continue to get worse too. Very sad.

time to move out of birmingham i think. This isnt a place that i want my family to grow up in..... like you said, its only going to get worse.

Don't be so effin ridiculous. Its not that bad at all, there are good and bad places in every major city. You don't read the daily mail by any chance do you?

• Like 1

24 hour media and the internet.   Also most people get to the age of, say, 28* and decide that the world is going to hell in a handcart.  

*This age will vary from person to person and there are people who wont experience it at all, but for a lot of people the fact that the world seems a more complicated and scary place when they are older than it did when they were fifteen can only be explained by the fact that everything is going to shit.  The fact that they had less to worry about when they were fifteen doesn't occur to most for some bizarre reason.

I have just moved here, and I have been told it is getting better because of the big crackdown on the gangs in the North.

where in birmingham have you moved to?

Edgbaston, opposite five ways station.

I live less than a minute from where this happened and it is definately an isolated incident (as horrific as it may be)

Yardley is quite a nice area.. made even better than the weatherspoons pub that opened last year that resulted in the Yew Tree pub closing. (the Weatherspoons has bouncers)

the shooting in Sheldon was a case of mistaken identity and I have friends who knew the victim very very well.

as other have said, you get good and bad in every area, it is a shame that in the last few months 2 innocent lives have been taken and families ruined.

Crime rates in major western cities are at historical low levels but fear of crime remains high.

I wonder what is feeding that?

it really is the same everywhere though, people are making things out worse than they are and due to social media it has probably made things over dramatic in regards to labelling places as bad or dodgy.

as tragic as incident is it doesnt define Birmingham as can happen in any part of the world as their is good and bad people everywhere

Â