Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll have a chance to be the best player we've ever signed

Thats an interesting quote there Dave.

Does anyone think that this summer we will sign the best player we have ever signed (not necessarily Wes but any as yet unnamed player)

In modern times maybe.

define modern.

Breaking News on SSN, O'Neill enquires about the availability if Shunsuke Nakamura.

Everyone, hardhats on ? Good :)

Just been linked with Nakamura on SSN

Glad you posted that - i have SSN on in thebackground and thought i heard that but wasn't sure - said we have approached them to see if he is available for transfer...

Riiiiiiight. Nothing to do with having watched him play some 10-15 times, nothing to do with reading every single report on the guy I could find over the last 3 days.

i'm not sure how you can judge a players class on wtaching just 10-15 games. 2 seasons maybe

i base my Barry comparisson after watching him since he was 17 in the flesh

but you have to admit. a foreign name always sounds more sexy. but as we all well know. it doesn't always work out that way

Fans can judge a player on one game, never mind half a season.

But that lad is a class player. I have seen him a few times on Sky in the Champions League games.

I think he is too good for us at the moment. IMO, I think he is a lot better than Barry and has the potential to get to the top. He creates and scores loads , and his set pieces and passes are first class too.

A dream signing ... but one we are unlikely to make, unfortunately.

Oh great, another "Villa in alleged Celtic player interest" story.

Is there any Celtic player that we have not been linked with yet?

WTF? Nakamura? I hope you are kidding?

Why don't we just buy Boruc, McGeedy, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Lennon and Balde as well? It seems MON can't manage to find players outside Celtic :)

This can't be true, I think he just signed a new contract and said he would not leave Celtic this summer. He can score on free-kicks and deliver a decent

corner from time to time, other than that he is slow and and doesn't track back.

I doubt it is true.

Perhaps we can try to sign Strachan next. We need someone to sell the burgers next year.

If we were gonna be linked from anyone from celtic i would like it to be nakamura,wouldn't you?I think he is one of celtic's best players and he takes a good free kick and crosses are pretty accurate.Would also bring in extra revenue from shirt sales in japan.He can play both right and left wing so can exchange sides with young during games.I think celtic fans hate villa now we're always linked to their players.