Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Oh, by the way....

WBA 02/03 player of the year, in the Premiership..........

Jason Koumas.......

Makes you wonder why with all that talent a big club hasn't taken a gamble on him. Is it just down to character and attitude?

It is.

His stinks.

Based on what? Falling out with Bryan Robson, who after Steve McClaren, is probably the biggest waste of air in the world of football management.

Just to reiterate, Koumas was their player of the season. Bryan Robson decided he wasn't 'pulling his weight' so farmed him out to Cardiff, where he scored 13 goals in 44 appearances. He then went back, signed a new contract, battled for his place and is now their player of the year again.

Tha doesn't strike me as a particularlt bad attitude.

Im not saying i dont want to sign him, i do, ive sad that all along. 6m is abit steep, but I digress...

He does have a bad attitude, its shown when things don't go his way. He demanded a move form baggies when they went down, then out of the blue stopped going to training sessions. I'll think of more incidents later, but that IS why he hasn't moved yet, managers have heard about this lack of discipline. Bit of a melon all in all. Hopefully hes grown up.

As a player I'd love to see him just given license to roam in a kind of 4-4-1 behind the front man. He would absolutley rip teams apart.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to reiterate, Koumas was their player of the season. Bryan Robson decided he wasn't 'pulling his weight' so farmed him out to Cardiff, where he scored 13 goals in 44 appearances. He then went back, signed a new contract, battled for his place and is now their player of the year again.

It strikes me as a manager without a **** clue. I'm not sure how many more times Robson has to prove it before football gives up on him.

Sorry to seem thick but as I lived during my early teens about 2miles down the road from the Baggies ground..... so I make it a rule NOT to watch them, which position exactly does Koumas play...I thought he was midlfield?

Oh, by the way....

WBA 02/03 player of the year, in the Premiership..........

Jason Koumas.......

Makes you wonder why with all that talent a big club hasn't taken a gamble on him. Is it just down to character and attitude?

It is.

His stinks.

Based on what? Falling out with Bryan Robson, who after Steve McClaren, is probably the biggest waste of air in the world of football management.

Didn't he go on strike or something? The ony other player I can think of doing that was Pierre Van Hoiydonk at Forest.

I rate Koumas. Every time I see him he impresses me. He has good vision and a great dribbler.Not bad at the odd spectacular free kick too. If MON was to sign Koumas and NRC that would improve our midfield options.

A defensive minded hard tackler with lots of energy and a creative match winner.

People have to realize that the top of the Championship is not that much different to where we have been the last few years.

Didn't he go on strike or something? The ony other player I can think of doing that was Pierre Van Hoiydonk at Forest.

Sort of. He refused to return to pre season training. He came back in time for the new season and won WBA's player of the season. Again.

I rate Koumas. Every time I see him he impresses me. He has good vision and a great dribbler.Not bad at the odd spectacular free kick too. If MON was to sign Koumas and NRC that would improve our midfield options.

A defensive minded hard tackler with lots of energy and a creative match winner.

People have to realize that the top of the Championship is not that much different to where we have been the last few years.

A good round up 1977 xyxthumbs.gif

We have Maloney, Berger, Barry and Young who can play left wing.

Young on the right. I'd be very surprised if a right sided player didnt come in as Gardner, Petrov or Gabby are all out of position when they play there.

That's been my main thought when I read the last pages in this thread. Young himself says he prefers to play to the left which means we have no right sided midfielder at all. And I'm not worried that MON doesn't know that. ;) SWP?

And 1977, for your comments about Loumas. From what I've heard on here he's a bit lazy and not that back trak minded at all. I'm a bit confused.

And 1977, for your comments about Loumas. From what I've heard on here he's a bit lazy and not that back trak minded at all. I'm a bit confused.

When he says defensive minded tackler he means Reo-Coker. Koumas is the creative match winner.

I think.

Shouldnt we aim higher then Koumas? Just considering the PR babble we have been fed, Koumas isnt what crawls into mind.

Shouldnt we aim higher then Koumas? Just considering the PR babble we have been fed, Koumas isnt what crawls into mind.

What PR babble exactly? Anybody expecting Henry and Ronaldinho was always going to be disappointed.

What PR babble exactly? Anybody expecting Henry and Ronaldinho was always going to be disappointed.

Well, there are actually a couple of players between Ronaldinho and Koumas. At least from what I've heard. Maybe one of those players?

Oh shit now you tell me! :angry:

That's not what I asked. I said what PR babble?

Not at every player has to be a 'star' - he'd improve the squad meaning that we wouldn't be as devastated by inuries in future.

Not that I'm against the signing of Koumas, but if that were true would it not be a good reason not to buy from there - we're trying to push on?

Not at every player has to be a 'star' - he'd improve the squad meaning that we wouldn't be as devastated by inuries in future.

What makes you think Koumas will be happy being just a squad player?

What makes you think Koumas will be happy being just a squad player?

As has been said many times before, every signing we make is a squad player, and every player we own is a squad player.

It's up to every player to prove week on week that they deserve to play.

As I understand it Koumas was quoted as saying he'd "heard" "Villa were interested in him". Strikes me as being some distance from Villa actually being interested him, sounds more like his agent "flying a kite" to drum up interest in a disgruntled player.