Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

So Sneijder has been linked in the Mail, Sun, Guardian and Teamtalk now. Interesting!

They say MON watched him in Ajax's games with AZ also so i presume he was at the game. Id love it if we signed Sneijder.

I hear MON's on holiday at the moment. Does anyone know if it's anywhere in Europe where he might also be spying on potential signings?

But of course, holiday is holiday.

Didn't he finish his holiday last week?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Sneijder has been linked in the Mail, Sun, Guardian and Teamtalk now. Interesting!

They say MON watched him in Ajax's games with AZ also so i presume he was at the game. Id love it if we signed Sneijder.

I hear MON's on holiday at the moment. Does anyone know if it's anywhere in Europe where he might also be spying on potential signings?

He returned form holiday last Friday.

He returned form holiday last Friday.

Aah, put that in the past tense, then :winkold:

I Don't get this sudden Koumas in demand stuff

Wasn't that long ago he couldn't get in the Baggies team and was loaned out to Cardiff ..

what's happened in the last 6 months to suddenly make him so sought after ?

Bouma has spent the last week with Sneijder so that might just give us an edge.

Yup, and that could probably have a bigger impact than most people might think.

Absolutely, I spent an hour or so walking around the new bodymoor heath training facilities and I was gobsmacked, add to that Boumas opinion of Mon and Randy Lerner and his inside knowledge of the clubs immediate aims and you couldn't have a better sales pitch.

yawn. He will got to Valencia. This thread goes round in circles. Not having a go at you for posting the article Roca its just that the same stuff keeps cropping up

I'm not sure Spoony. There are some internal wrangles at Valencia at the moment between Carbone and Flores which could hinder the signing of Schneider.

Spot on. "Interest has cooled". Considerably.

Wasn't that long ago he couldn't get in the Baggies team and was loaned out to Cardiff ..

It was the 05/06 season he was at Cardiff after he fell out with Robson. Worth noting that he was voted into the Championship tam of the season that year while at Cardiff. In 04/05 he was WBA player of the season, this year he is again. I'd say he is to WBA what Barry is to us.

It was the 05/06 season he was at Cardiff after he fell out with Robson. Worth noting that he was voted into the Championship tam of the season that year while at Cardiff. In 04/05 he was WBA player of the season, this year he is again. I'd say he is to WBA what Barry is to us.

I see a pattern emerging here.

03/04 - WBA player of the year (Championship team of the year)

04/05 - Bryan Robson

05/06 - Cardiff player of the year (Championship team of the year)

06/07 - Championship player of the year

Ooooo a teamtalk link about Sneijder.

Villa or Spuds who would he choose?

I better not say as i would get beaten up! ;)

You don't need to say as everyone knows you love Spurs.

Ooooo a teamtalk link about Sneijder.

Villa or Spuds who would he choose?

I better not say as i would get beaten up! ;)

You don't need to say as everyone knows you love Spurs.

Really how you figure that one out! :roll:

Do you think we will sign every player we are linked with then? I assume not, dont say they will go anywhere else other than Villa though, god forbid! :bang:

By adding Koumas and Reo-Coker to our squad we wil have improved significantly from last season.

Even if they replace Davis and McCann then I think there is visibly more depth with those two present. Throw in Sneijder as an instant first tem player and the midfield is sorted.

Then that gives MON plenty of time to focus on the defense.

I don't think we'd sign Sneijder AND Koumas, one or the other (or another altogether) IMO. The benefit of both Sneijder and Koumas is that they can play out wide as well as in the middle. If we got Sneijder I have a feeling he'd play on the wing. e.g.

Young - Barry - Reo-Coker - Sneijder

or

Barry - Petrov - Reo-Coker - Sneijder

just to throw a new name in the mix what would you reckon? http://www.bravo.co.uk/footballitalia/newsdetail.php?n=1185

Alberto Gilardino?

I'm not sure, I haven't seen him play enough to be honest. He has a big reputation and a great goalscoring record over the last 5 or 6 years. Would there be bigger clubs than us interested? I'd take a guess at yes, but with all the 'big' name strikers set for moves this summer, he might be worth a look.

I don't think we'd sign Sneijder AND Koumas, one or the other (or another altogether) IMO. The benefit of both Sneijder and Koumas is that they can play out wide as well as in the middle. If we got Sneijder I have a feeling he'd play on the wing. e.g.

Think you have a point there Patrick, it is obviously an area MON is looking at players who can play wide and in the middle hmmm.

I wouldn't be impressed if Young was dropped considering how well he was playing by the end of the season so if we had that team i would go with

Barry Reo-Coker Sneijder Young

Now that would rip apart any midfield