Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Welcome to La Season d'silly.

Very true............ Rumours & Speculation are enough to do my head in. We could all do with f**king off and forgetting for the next three months!

Can you remove one word from that post please :) - "off".

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robinson is a decent player however this is allied to the fact that he is a bigger clearing in the woods than Craig Bellamy.

I always thought he was a decent player, may be good for backup. But why is he a clearing in the woods? Sorry if i have miss anything cos i just dunno the guy apart from when he is playing.

Hates the Villa, goes round smashing people during derbies to prove he's committed! When I say smashing people I dont mean tough tackling. I mean genuine attempts to injure opponents. Ask Michael Kightley and Damien Johnson.

Sorry Brian, he is better than UDLC ;) Seriously though, both players can have absolute blinders but both are liable to more than the odd lapse in concentration.

I have never seen Bramble have a blinder, but we are digressing, carry on :P

Welcome to La Season d'silly.

Very true............ Rumours & Speculation are enough to do my head in. We could all do with f**king off and forgetting for the next three months!

Can you remove one word from that post please :) - "off".

OF would you have the energy for three long months? :lol:

O`NEILL COOLS INTEREST IN BELLAMY

Posted 31/05/07 13:51EmailPrintSave

Martin O'Neill is cooling his interest in signing Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy after learning he would have to pay between £10-12million for his signature.

Bellamy could become surplus to requirements at Anfield after just one season with the Merseysiders and he was only a substitute for the Champions League final.

O'Neill worked successfully with Bellamy during a loan spell at Celtic two years ago but is not prepared to pay significantly over the odds for the Wales international.

He will instead seek better value for money elsewhere unless the Reds drop their price.

West Brom full-back Paul Robinson is being monitored by O'Neill following the Baggies' failure to regain their top-flight status.

Robinson has two years left of his contract and, although remaining committed to the Baggies, he also expressed a desire to play in the Premiership again after the play-off final defeat by Derby on Monday.

Wilfred Bouma filled the left-back role for most of last season but the departure of Jlloyd Samuel to Bolton leaves him short of cover and competition in that department.

O'Neill's summer targets are being bankrolled by club owner Randy Lerner but the fact other clubs, including West Ham and Newcastle, have financial muscle could make his task more difficult.

He said: "It won't be easy, but that's the beauty of it. I'm not sure it's the case we're all going for the same players. But one thing is for sure, we're going to to try to improve and we have our own priorities.

"West Ham made their intentions very clear in January and they have made them clear now so I expect them to be (signing) very big players in the transfer market in the summer.

"They have got renewed life from staying up and there's no doubt that, if they were already making inroads in January, they are certainly going to go for it now as well.

"Newcastle will be giving it a big go now as well - as they always do."

Click

(Sureshot) When Mon says that "I am not sure whether we are all going for the same players" that excites me because it points more towards foreign players imo.

Or does it mean that they are going for better players than us?

Possibly VBG. Or it could be another example of a clever MON tautology. To say that he is not sure of something another club is doing is just that. It neither means we are or are not going for any specific type of player and is MON being his ever coy self.

(Sureshot) When Mon says that "I am not sure whether we are all going for the same players" that excites me because it points more towards foreign players imo.

No way Richard.

I think he just knows that no-one else will be interested in Titus Bramble :lol:

Martin O'Neill is cooling his interest in signing Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy after learning he would have to pay between £10-12million for his signature.

Click

At that price good! Go get Bent for that money.

Possibly VBG. Or it could be another example of a clever MON tautology. To say that he is not sure of something another club is doing is just that. It neither means we are or are not going for any specific type of player and is MON being his ever coy self.
I know that Mon is the master of tautology BOF, but I really do have a good feeling about this.

Click

At that price good! Go get Bent for that money.

Funny you should say that, Bent is in Apres in Mere Green right now, and no I didn't speak to him.

I think he just knows that no-one else will be interested in Titus Bramble :lol:

:clap::lol: