Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct there might be more important positions to fill in the squad first.. but the LB issue will still be there. I don't think we should just rely on O'Halloran just yet, but imo after the other positions have been sorted first, i think the LB issue should still be reviewed.

after the other positions have been sorted first, i think the LB issue should still be reviewed.

I agree with that :thumb:

When does the window open? Can we do the talk now, but not reveal anything. Or can we do the talk now, but dont get the signing until later? Or is it open already?

When does the window open? Can we do the talk now, but not reveal anything. Or can we do the talk now, but dont get the signing until later? Or is it open already?

We can do what we like, right now.

As various other clubs are doing.

They can't play for us until the beginning of their contract on July 1st, but as we don't have any games until after then, the window is open and ready for business.

The transfer window precludes the registering of players with the FA at certain times not the actual signing/completion of transfers. Therefore, you can always sign players they just might not be able to be registered until the window opens. Effectively therefore we can sign players whenever we want.

As for Koumas, good player and would be a useful addition to the squad but I agree in that we need a DM not an AM.

it opens 1st July but that is more or less a formality. Players can sign and clubs can negotiate and reveal players but players do not 'arrive' until the window opens

closes 31st August

Please can we NOT get into a discussion on the mechanics of the transfer window. There is a thread in off topic for that already. This thread is for players.

I know 99% of that skysports your view is bollocks but just to throw in a new name(as far as i know) who we probably wont be signing to discuss someone says urby emanuelson from ajax has been spotted at the airport and is here for talks hes a left back apparently so does anyone know anything about him?

I know 99% of that skysports your view is bollocks but just to throw in a new name(as far as i know) who we probably wont be signing to discuss someone says urby emanuelson from ajax has been spotted at the airport and is here for talks hes a left back apparantly so does anyone know anything about him?

wasn't that post signed "R Lerner" ? believe i read that one too :lol:

EDIT: soory, just checked it and it was an other one

don't know if this emanuelson guy is good though :?

Just a thought. If Bouma tried to convince Sneijder to join us now when they're in Thailand, or wherever it was, with Holland, could that be considered tapping up? Or is that just an english rule?

But first of all we need a right back.

think koumas would be a fantastic signing and great addition to the squad, wonder if MON is looking at Barry as his long term holding midfielder. I do believe the first time i saw Barry i think was as a sub against arsenal and played in that role.

Just a thought. If Bouma tried to convince Sneijder to join us now when they're in Thailand, or wherever it was, with Holland, could that be considered tapping up? Or is that just an english rule?

But first of all we need a right back.

Depends what was said pelle :winkold:

I think if Freddie were to say "It's great in England you should look at coming over. I think Villa are a particularly great club. How much are you on? I'm on more than that at Villa" etc etc, then I cant see anything wrong with that