Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two more off sky sports "your view" maybe its not just the general that uses the internet but i think the 1st one is a blue nose winding us up

i have it on good authority that Villa have agreed a £8M deal with Bayern Munich for Phillipe Lahm, and they are also signing Wesley Sneijder from Ajax for £8.5M. Villa are also in talks with Darren Bent for a £10.7M deal.

R Lerner - Birmingham

my uncle works at the birmningham airport and says he saw none other than Ajax's Urby Emanuelson arriving and says he is here for talks with Martin O'Neil, he claims that it is likely that team-mate Wesley Sneijder will join him in the next fortnight.

harry neuberman - sutton coldfield

I'd rather play Zoltan Steiber a young hungry up and coming player or Maloney, approaching his prime than put a busted flush like Kewell in their way. How is Kewell, who has seen his best days gone and his dream move a complete failure supposed to motivate himself in a Villa shirt for the few games he can be arsed to play in? If MON sees it differently, fair enough. But I doubt it.

A lot of people forget (or just choose to ignore) the clout this club has now, what with IMG guys on board and massive resources to attract top players and yet many people still want to believe that we'll sign all these cast offs and miss out on every top player we have the cheek to enquire about.

As for Kewell, yes he used to be a top player for Leeds. So did Bowyer. Both have done shag all since then and thats how it will stay by all accounts.

Anyway, Berger is a senior left sided player and if we signed Kewell he would be in competition with him. Do we really need another one?

oh im sorry jez villa i thought this was a rumours and speculation thread could you please tell me which sites i can find concrete news instead of reading sky sports "your view" thank you

I could type (makeup) you some rumours on here if you want, as its exactly the same.

Or you could try Football Rumours.co.uk Thats always full of stuff that happens!

Everton to pip Villa to Jagielka

Toffees stuck on £4m Jag swoop

Everton boss David Moyes is tipped to pip Aston Villa and Newcastle to the £4million signature of versatile Sheffield United ace Phil Jagielka.

Jagielka, who is comfortable in midfield or the heart of the defence, has told new Blades boss Bryan Robson he wants to leave Bramall Lane following the club's relegation from the Premiership.

It is reported that Jagielka, who made quite an impact for the Blades despite their failed bid to avoid the drop, had a £4million buy-out clause inserted into his contract in the event of relegation.

And Moyes has been alerted to that fact by offering Jagielka, who last week came on as a substitute for England B, an immediate return to the top flight.

The former Under-21 cap was released by the Toffees as a youngster back in 1997, but is said to favour a return to Goodison Park above moves to Villa Park and St James'.

Everton can also offer Jagielka European football, and that will be key to the player's hopes of breaking into the full England squad.

For all those getting more and more depressed by the day over the fact that we have not yet signed anyone, can I just point you to the generals comments in his thread

I think we will sign some quality players and with several months to work, MON will be able to put a well-synch and coordinated squad on the pitch. ............The difference, in my humble opinion, will be three-fold: 1. MON will have the time to put his imprint on the Squad early on

Now as well as this being the latest in a long line of comments from the club about our summer transfer activity it also has the added advantage of the General actually saying that MON will have months to work with the players and early on etc.

For me that is the gen giving us the biggest hint yet.

Sorry Jez, you can't rubbish a load of sites/sources for rumours one minute and then link a story from TEAMtalk the next.

Well i can, as one is based on news reports whilst the other are just typing crap and emailing it to Sky Sports.

There is a big difference, that same report appeared on BBC yesterday, Teamtalk are just a re-hash site.

Are you saying that a BBC report is the same as someone just emailing rubbish?

no offence Richard but i think you are putting two and two together and getting several million. I doubt that was a hint but i can't see why fans are getting depressed and panicy. The transfer window isn't even officialy open, hardly any teams have signed anyone and those that have haven't really signed anyone big

So will everybody just calm down and be patient!!!