Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Links from TribalFootball and FansFC are just about as reliable as me saying:"We are going to sign Romario tomorrow" 0% worthy of a post

so please stop putting them on here as they are simply without any form of truth.

Really!? 1000 career goals you know! He would surely be the 20 goal a season man we need! :winkold:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know people might knock Kewell, but we could have said all the exact same things about our very own Berger before we signed him, and although it's been a long time coming he finally showed us what a class player he is, i was shocked to see that Kewell is still only 28 years old, we signed Merson when he was 29 and we all know what he did for us, i just think Kewell needs a change of club and a new start and if we could get him for a decent price then he'd be worth it imo,

I'm also chuffed that the Reo-coker link is still around and absolutely delighted that we're linked with Afonso Alves, the man is class and would be a massive signing.

You know people might knock Kewell, but we could have said all the exact same things about our very own Berger before we signed him, and although it's been a long time coming he finally showed us what a class player he is, i was shocked to see that Kewell is still only 28 years old, we signed Merson when he was 29 and we all know what he did for us, i just think Kewell needs a change of club and a new start and if we could get him for a decent price then he'd be worth it imo,

I'm also chuffed that the Reo-coker link is still around and absolutely delighted that we're linked with Afonso Alves, the man is class and would be a massive signing.

Kewell is a real talent but due mainly to perhaps injuries he never seemed to me to click as a player, he looks to me out of place playing for Liverpool. Maybe MON thinks he needs to work his magic on him. Alves looks great on You Tube scoring 34 goals in one season is awesome but will he cut the mustard in the Prem???

that's the question!!

Kewell peaking:

01-02 Leeds United 8 Goals, 27 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (UEFA Cup)

02-03 Leeds United 14 Goals, 31 Games 1 Goals, 5 Games (UEFA Cup)

03-04 Liverpool 7 Goals, 36 Games 3 Goals, 8 Games (UEFA Cup)

After that it's just bollocks

Kewell on the right terms could be OK. That means cheap and "pay as you play".

Is he out of contract then??

Don't think he would swap his cushy number at Anfield for a pay as you play deal.

Hope not, anyway.

Links from TribalFootball and FansFC are just about as reliable as me saying:"We are going to sign Romario tomorrow" 0% worthy of a post

so please stop putting them on here as they are simply without any form of truth.

I'm sick of saying this. But, Tribalfootball is not the source. It gets its information from newspapers etc etc. Therefore it can be reliable at times and not reliable at others. So saying it is without any form of truth is a bit ignorant of you, and shows that you don't actually realise what Tribalfootball is. Anyway, back on topic. I hope we get Bellamy and NRC. I think they would both be great signings, and would push us on that bit further!

Kewell peaking:

01-02 Leeds United 8 Goals, 27 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (UEFA Cup)

02-03 Leeds United 14 Goals, 31 Games 1 Goals, 5 Games (UEFA Cup)

03-04 Liverpool 7 Goals, 36 Games 3 Goals, 8 Games (UEFA Cup)

After that it's just bollocks

You don't think he could turn it around?, i think with a little faith in him he just might be a bargin, look at Kanu for example!!, no-one wanted him when he left West Brom on a free transfer and Rednapp took a chance on him and he was class for them last season,

And yes Julie that's the question around Alves, but i think he can, he's got pace to burn with lovely skills, his finishing is class too, we'll have to wait and see, i only hope the big guns don't get in there before us.

Even dirty Leeds fans will tell you that Kewell only turned it on for them when the cameras turned up

He rarely even does that for his "boyhood team"

Is true my Uncle is a Leeds fan, and he said that very thing(before he left them, it must be said).

I talked to Bolton fans before a game against us, and they said the same about Jay Jay Ocatcha, look where he is now.

I wouldn't be too fussed if we signed Kewell or not. If we do, he will be cheap, O'neill could probably get the best out of him and he would add depth. If we dont' sign him, i wouldn't care

It might be worth noting that this rumour and consequent debate comes up every year so i wouldn't read too much into it

absolutely delighted that we're linked with Afonso Alves, the man is class and would be a massive signing.

Seen a lot of him, have you?

I don't get portuguese football on my TV, do you?

That's all right then. Alves isn't Portuguese and doesn't play in Portugal.

absolutely delighted that we're linked with Afonso Alves, the man is class and would be a massive signing.

Seen a lot of him, have you?

I don't get portuguese football on my TV, do you?

He plays for Heerenveen in the Netherlands.

The point is still probably valid though :winkold: