Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone mentioned Sissoko? He may not be too happy at plop this summer

You'll find about 15+ pages of arguments about whether or not Sissoko is a goalscoring midfielder about 20 pages or so back, if you're interested in losing 30 minutes of your life.

If he chooses Everton over us I am disappointed that we haven't managed to convince him better but I think we can do much better than him.
i agree hes overated in my opinion but how can you say you would be dissapointed if he chose everton over us when we dont even know if we tryed to get him.Kepa blancos agent or him himself came out a couple of weeks ago and said we made an offer for him then o`neill came out and said it was not true so a lot of this is either journalists putting two and two together or agents fishing just because we are "linked" doesnt mean we have actually tryed to sign the player.I dont believe we are after anyone until i see an official quote from someone that we are in talks.

Has anyone mentioned Sissoko? He may not be too happy at plop this summer

You'll find about 15+ pages of arguments about whether or not Sissoko is a goalscoring midfielder about 20 pages or so back, if you're interested in losing 30 minutes of your life.

I'll give it a miss thanks. :lol:

I think now that, domestiacally speaking, the season is finally over the destination of one or two players may become clearer.

For example I think that Davies and Koumas must certainly be on our radar

What the hell would we want with a couple of players from a championship side who didn't manage to get promoted? Are they winners? Are they CL- quality? Probably no on both questions. Maybe one in the whole WBA-squad would be good enough, but I doubt it. Don't mean that there ain't any good player in the whole championship, but they are not that many and I doubt they play for WBA. I really hope we do better than that this summer. It almost feels like when we had GTmk2 and his talks about finding gems in the championship while held back financially by Ellis.

Have you seen them play this year?

What the hell would we want with a couple of players from a championship side who didn't manage to get promoted? Are they winners? Are they CL- quality? Probably no on both questions. Maybe one in the whole WBA-squad would be good enough, but I doubt it. Don't mean that there ain't any good player in the whole championship, but they are not that many and I doubt they play for WBA. I really hope we do better than that this summer. It almost feels like when we had GTmk2 and his talks about finding gems in the championship while held back financially by Ellis.

Yes I have.

Yes I have.

Have to admit that I haven't seen them too many times but there's a reason why they play in the championship. Even if the names are pretty similar the championship and the champions league are quit different when it coms to quality of the players.

You could really push it and say "ASTON'S MARTIN DRIVES VILLA TO THE PARK"

God we would be a press dream! "LUKE WANTS MOORE, BERGER RELISHES CHANCE, ASTON'S MARTIN DELIGHTED, DREAM MOVE FOR ASTON'S VILLA, JOHN'S HAPPY FOR VILLA TO JOIN THE CAREW" etc etc

Have to admit that I haven't seen them too many times but there's a reason why they play in the championship

Just like Tim Cahill, Michael Dawson, Joleon Lescott, Darren Bent, Dean Ashton, and Ashley Young all played in the Championship.

Yes I have.

Have to admit that I haven't seen them too many times but there's a reason why they play in the championship. Even if the names are pretty similar the championship and the champions league are quit different when it coms to quality of the players.

Well theyve got a couple of QUALITY players. Unfortunetley they aren't maradona so couldnt get them promoted on their won but are premiership players.

Koumas is absolutley brilliant but a bit of a tit, and Davies is a great young player. Gera has gone off the boil since their relegation because people boot him up in the air now, but I would have him if he could prove he can get back to that form.

Jut making a point really, that people can be good players even if they are from shod teams, see Jagielka at Sheff Utd.

If he chooses Everton over us I am disappointed that we haven't managed to convince him better but I think we can do much better than him.
i agree hes overated in my opinion but how can you say you would be dissapointed if he chose everton over us when we dont even know if we tryed to get him.Kepa blancos agent or him himself came out a couple of weeks ago and said we made an offer for him then o`neill came out and said it was not true so a lot of this is either journalists putting two and two together or agents fishing just because we are "linked" doesnt mean we have actually tryed to sign the player.I dont believe we are after anyone until i see an official quote from someone that we are in talks.

Thus using the magic word "if". If MON did everything possible to get him only for Moyes to get the player I would have been disappointed. Luckily, I don't rate Jags that highly so it's a blessing in disguise. But, if he was a target that means he was nr. 1 on MON's list, which again indicates that we will get a worser player than Jags as RB next season.. :)

Teamtalk are linking us to a raid of liverpool's kewell and bellamy.Wouldn't mind both of them tbh.Kewell when fit is an assett.He seems to do well for australia when he plays.He could be available cheap too because of his previous injury.Surely Kewell can't be injured for the rest of his career?

Yes I have.

Well theyve got a couple of QUALITY players. Unfortunetley they aren't maradona so couldnt get them promoted on their won but are premiership players.

Koumas is absolutley brilliant but a bit of a tit, and Davies is a great young player. Gera has gone off the boil since their relegation because people boot him up in the air now, but I would have him if he could prove he can get back to that form.

Jut making a point really, that people can be good players even if they are from shod teams, see Jagielka at Sheff Utd.

First of all I think we have different views on what a "brilliant" player is. Second of all I didn't say that there ain't any good player in the championship, but they are few and far between. for example, Hendrie was a hit in Stoke, do you think he's good enough these days?

Just like Tim Cahill, Michael Dawson, Joleon Lescott, Darren Bent, Dean Ashton, and Ashley Young all played in the Championship.

I don't think Lescott is that good, but as said. There are a few but not too many.

Teamtalk are linking us to a raid of liverpool's kewell and bellamy.Wouldn't mind both of them tbh.Kewell when fit is an assett.He seems to do well for australia when he plays.He could be available cheap too because of his previous injury.Surely Kewell can't be injured for the rest of his career?
I wouldn't bet on it!