Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Man Utd - Richards would not go there because transfers never happen between the two

Chelsea - They don't really have the money for such a transfer and I think they might look abroad

Arsenal - Certainly don't have the money and they have Eboue

Liverpool - Have the money but are interested in buying from Spain I guess, Dani Alves and such players

Spurs - Chimbonda

Newcastle - Never know about them, don't think he would go there

AVFC - Do not have a RB

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Richards is certainly a player we should be looking at signing. If he were to become availible then it would probably be between us, spurzzz, chelski, liverpool and newcastle. We have everything going for us: the right manager, training facilities, other upcoming young players to make us a realistic contender BUT we would have to use all of these to the best of our abilities in order to bring him here.

I've been thinking about this, and I've come to this conclusion:-

The fact that Man City are getting taken over is key to all this.

They are NOT open for business. Why would the club (who of which I may ask is doing the deal?), agree to sell their best player? Also, why would the new owner want to sell his best asset? Why would he need to sell his best asset? It doesn't strike me that this Thai dude is short of a few bob, so the whole deal doesn't make sense.

A non starter IMO.

ASTON VILLA NEWS

Martin O'Neill has had a change of heart & will no longer be bringing in Artur Boruc from Celtic. His chief scout Ian Storey Moore persuaded him to watch the Hearts v Kilmarnock game last week, which has resulted in O'Neill lodging a bid in the region of £6M for CRAIG GORDON. Next on the list is a Right Back and after scouring here & in europe O'Neill has decided on PHIL JAGIELKA and again a £6M bid has been lodged to secure his services. Next will be a quality midfielder and on O'Neill's list is WESLEY SNEIDJER & MANUEL FERNANDES both will join the Villa in £10M & £12M deals respectively. A centre forward will be next on the list and Villa are finalising a deal for DARREN BENT in a player swap plus cash deal (Villa have offered Liam Ridgewell & Alan PArdew is interested). These are exciting times at Villa Park with an unlimited budget and the best owner and board in the the Premiership ! the team starting next season will look like this :

4-4-3 formation

G/ Keeper : Craig Gordon

R/ Back : Phil Jagielka

L/ Back : Wilfred Bouma

C/ Half : Olaf Mellberg

C/ Half : Martin Laursen

Mid : Gareth Barry

Mid : Wesley Sneijder

Mid : Manuel Fernandes

C/ F : John Carew

C/ F : Darren Bent

C/ F : Ashley Young

# Squad : Sorensen / Hughes / Petrov / Gsrdner / Davis / Agbonlahor / Moore.

This information is directly out of Villa Park and WILL be happening !

The Aston Villan !!!!

I'm thinking this guy knows his stuff, he's a tactical genius for starters !!

http://rumours.notlong.com

Never fails to make me grin that site.

With regards to the West Brom issue, they staying down and all the links to their players throughout the season, I do think MON has shortlisted three or four of their players (McShane, Davies, Koumas and Kamara), but only as 3rd or even 4th or 5th priority.

Obviously MON has drawn up a list of positions he wants filled and probably got 3, 4 or maybe even 5 names for each position. IMO all the WBA players are lower priorities should it prove difficult to bring in the main targets.

For fun I've made a list of the positions it seems MON is looking at and what players I believe he has on his shortlist (1st priorities named 1st and so on):

GK: Boruc, Gordon, ?

RB: Richards, Jagielka, Young, de Jong, McShane

CB: ?, ?, Davies (haven't got a clue really, but I don't think Davies is 1st choice)

LB: Antunes (cover for Bouma if we don't get Taylor?)

RM/RW: SWP, Milner, ?

LM/LW: Taylor, Cook

CM: Sneijder (don't think it will happen), Reo-Coker, Källström, Emana, Koumas

ST: Bellamy (yes I believe MON's fascination with Bellamy is quite big), Huntelaar, Bent, Fabiano, Kone, Kamara, Nugent, Naismith, Sharp

Out of those players I predict we'll end up with Gordon, Jagielka, Taylor, Reo-Coker and Bellamy. And probably two or three others (a CB amongst others) that my radar hasn't picked up yet. A long shot could be Norwegian CB Brede Hangeland of FC Copenhagen.

Unproven on every level except in the Dutch league, you need to be a real goalscorer to be worth more than 10M I think.

Remember Dirk Kuyt went for under 10M, I can only think of Ruud van Nistelrooy going out of the Dutch league above 10M.

If we signed Huntelaar or Bent I would be creaming my pants, perhaps that would be too much to ask? I read the West Ham

forum once every while and it's very good reading. They really think they are a club on level with us, Newcastle and Everton.

They are going to sign every player we regard as probably too big for us, I am talking about Richards, Bent, Yaya Toure and

players such as van Persie and van der Vaart. They are West Ham, they are going to sign Koumas or Nugent, tops!