Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I know of Pelle, and Storey-Moore being excited by the targets. This new setup is too professional for my liking :P I miss the verbal diarrhea from the previous regime at times like this :P

I don't, because you always felt so let down when the players went to other clubs, especially ones that were not as big as villa. Depressing as well as embarrassing.

Bad news on the goalkeeping front. SSN say Fulchester United manager Tommy Brown has started Billy the fish is NOT for sale, though after his performance against the Germans Sylvestor Stallone fancies a move to England.

And Harry Redknapp saying that Taylor is not for sale. And with NRC holding out for a move to le Arse or ManUtd, it seems it will be a more difficult close season for MON than we would have hoped. Maybe we should start preparing the arrival of half the WBA squad afterall :winkold:

That is of course assuming that these mythical links are true. After all, no-one anywhere has managed to get a quote confirming that we were after either of these players. Just because we are linked by the Sun to a player who is then not for sale doesn't mean we've actually missed out on anyone.

Of course, it's always difficult to decide the accuracy of any link (that hasn't been followed up by a quote by the manager or the club), but I do think the NRC one from a couple of months back was pretty strong. And now that he's been made available for sale I think it's even stronger. I do believe that NRC (and Bellamy) eventually will end up at Villa Park this summer, other than that I don't have a clue. Which is fine, it makes it all the more exciting to wake up in the morning these coming boring summer days :winkold:

The Taylor link though, may well only be the result of a bored journalist's free imagination.

Apparently Valencia has made a £10m bid for Sneijder, and MON is ready to look elsewhere. From OS

You mean from the gossip section on the OS?

It means jack shit if its in that section of the OS, no different from the BBC or Sky gossip areas unfortunately.

Quiet before the storm?

Or are we struggling?

Who knows....

Man utd. spend 17m, 18m on hargreaves and Carrick.

The board have constantly stated they want to be top four. Champs league. Fitzgerald - 'expect quality signings' - Which makes me think, if the above are worth that much and we want to be where they are:

Ring Ajax: 'Hi, Aston villa would like to bid £20m for Wesley. We are looking forward to your response.....'

Horland Oates, Ste Ledan, Areo Speed-Waggan, Nas Arath and Godlian Cream. All cheap and available.

How much advance booking would these lot need though?

some of them are getting a bit long in the tooth too.

maybe try for some younger blood like Owias Is? :)