Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Portugal Under-21 left-back Vitorino Antunes is in the sights of Aston Villa.

The Sunday Mercury says Antunes is on Martin O'Neill's summer shopping list as the Villa boss to keen to recruit competition for Wilfred Bouma next season.

Antunes, rated at £750,000, has been in fine form for Pacos De Ferreira in the top flight in his native Portugal.

Link

A host of Premiership clubs are chasing Sheffield United defensive utility Phil Jagielka.

The Times says Jagielka will alert a host of Premiership clubs by activating a get-out clause in his contract following the Blades' relegation from the top flight.

Jagielka is valued at £6 million and is wanted by Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic.

Here

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen his name mentioned here, but what about Kevin Davies ?

He always causes defences bother, and might be happy to play secind fiddle to big John Carew.

Timing could be right for him now too.

Id not mind Viduka on a one year deal - he'd be a more than adequate backup for Carew.

Luke Young and Reo-Coker added to him would make for a reasonable summer, with anything else we desperately need added come January once injuries and suspensions kick in.

I'd be desparately disappointed if that was it......from what Fitzy has said and MON noises I think that scenario would be extreme worst case scenario

So MONs possible shortlist...I know he will be springing some surprises but from what Ive gathered on VT, in papers and my personal opinion I think most of our signings will come from this list..

Artur Boruc

Scott Carson

Ben Foster

Luke Young

Sylvain Distin

Phil Jagielka

Geremi

Wayne Bridge

Vitor Antunes

Curtis Davies

John Heitinga (you heard it here first!)

Jason Koumas

Shaun Wright Phillips

Wes Sneijder

Nigel Reo Coker

Joey Barton

Stephen Appiah

Craig Bellamy

Jermaine Defoe

David Nugent

Klass Jan Huntellaar

Mark Viduka

Darren Bent

I expect us to sign bellamy,boruc,distan and another one or two players from abroad and that will be it we do not need a whole new team.I also think we will will try for milner and swp again whether we will get them i don`t know i would like us to sign curtis davies aswell but i doubt that will happen.

So MONs possible shortlist...I know he will be springing some surprises but from what Ive gathered on VT, in papers and my personal opinion I think most of our signings will come from this list..

Artur Boruc

Scott Carson

Ben Foster

Luke Young

Sylvain Distin

Phil Jagielka

Geremi

Wayne Bridge

Vitor Antunes

Curtis Davies

Jason Koumas

Shaun Wright Phillips

Wes Sneijder

Nigel Reo Coker

Joey Barton

Stephen Appiah

Craig Bellamy

Jermaine Defoe

David Nugent

Klass Jan Huntellaar

Mark Viduka

Darren Bent

Im sorry but the underlined players will never come to Villa. Maybe we should aim for these players in a couple of years but at the moment i dont think we could tempt them.Also have we actually been linked with them because i have never saw us linked to these players. MON may not even want them.

Artur Boruc

Scott Carson

Ben Foster

Luke Young

Sylvain Distin

Phil Jagielka(as a midfielder)

Geremi

Wayne Bridge

Vitor Antunes

Curtis Davies

Jason Koumas

Shaun Wright Phillips

Wes Sneijder

Nigel Reo Coker

Joey Barton

Stephen Appiah

Craig Bellamy

or

Jermaine Defoe

David Nugent

Klass Jan Huntellaar

Mark Viduka

Darren Bent

if we bought those underlined...that would be an unbelievably good summer

Believe!

I think that a lot of people are expecting a complete overhaul of the squad, but MON has stated this won't be the case.

I expect approx. four or five go and bring in the same amount.

GK, CB,RB,CM and CF in. We have enough cover elsewhere.

If we bring in better players than we already have in the five positions above then that will be good progress for the summer and the season to come.

Id not mind Viduka on a one year deal - he'd be a more than adequate backup for Carew.

Luke Young and Reo-Coker added to him would make for a reasonable summer, with anything else we desperately need added come January once injuries and suspensions kick in.

I'd be desparately disappointed if that was it......from what Fitzy has said and MON noises I think that scenario would be extreme worst case scenario

I think that'd be solid enough. A touch underwhelming perhaps, but it covers 3 positions we need cover in badly.

Jagielka from Sheffield United might be another option at right back now that they've gone down.

Andriy Shevchenko?

Completely unrealistic? I'm not sure he'll stay at Chelsea regardless of what happens with Mourinho. Will he want to be viewed as a faliure in the premier league or would he take a small step backwards to try and prove himself? Would there be better clubs interested (Arsenal, Liverpool?)?

He'll probably just go back to Milan. Nice to dream though eh.

he's okay - he's a better midfielder, but can cover at right back and centre back.

Every squad needs players who can comfortably play in 2 or 3 postions, but £6m would be too high.

He's better than Hughes and Bardsley, which is at least a start.