Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Big Sam wants to offload Obafemi Martins. I personally subscribe to the view that we are after a player that can deputise for Carew as well as play with him, like Bent (While I think Ashton could deputise for Carew, I doubt they could play together, and for the price Ashton would cost I'd expect him to do both). However for the right price Martins would be a crackin signing. Thoughts?
We could do a lot worse.

Apparently Big Sam wants to offload Obafemi Martins. I personally subscribe to the view that we are after a player that can deputise for Carew as well as play with him, like Bent (While I think Ashton could deputise for Carew, I doubt they could play together, and for the price Ashton would cost I'd expect him to do both). However for the right price Martins would be a crackin signing. Thoughts?
We could do a lot worse.

What a load of crap. Why oh why would he sell there best player? He's fat not stupid.

For me the left wing position should be filled by Barry or Maloney because imo we need to get a top class central midfielder, someone with more creativity than Barry offers, like Fernandes for example, or the kid Nasri, but whatever happens i think we're gonna enjoy this summer, many of the pundits today was backing us to be a serious force next season, and i agree.

**** West Ham, when push comes to shove I doubt we will lose out on any players to them. The new training ground, MON and the proffessionalism of Villa under Randy will outweigh what the hammers can offer, IMO. Boruc, Luke Young, Defoe, Distin and one out of the blue signing will move us on nicely.

It just annoys me that West Ham stay up and probably will compete with us in terms of signings....

yes, and it will also drag out signings as well

we will probably be competing with them for 3 or 4 players, and it will end up taking ages to finalise with prices escalating

That Under 21 portugal left back we were linked with a few weeks back is closer to joining.

Sunday Mercury reported on it, theyre normally a bit more filled in being local.

Not a clue if hes any good, but seems an ideal player (providing he is good :D) in that hes the sort who could just fill in for bouma in cup games and stuff, established players arnt going to be interested in coming to be on bench.

That Under 21 portugal left back we were linked with a few weeks back is closer to joining.

Sunday Mercury reported on it, theyre normally a bit more filled in being local.

Not a clue if hes any good, but seems an ideal player (providing he is good :D) in that hes the sort who could just fill in for bouma in cup games and stuff, established players arnt going to be interested in coming to be on bench.

i'm not too optimistic tbh

he'll probably go Athletico Madrid

does that make me an Athletico Madrid fan now?

I'm happy with this, i was hoping we'd look to bring in some good youth players.